Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Had the strange experience at Hull a few years ago of two blokes next to me, who'd moaned all game, walking out when Mahrez scored the winner. Wish fvcking morons like that would just keep their misery to themselves in their own homes.

They do, but unfortunately they tend to vent it here.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Our fan base has become noticeably toxic in the last few years. Slightest thing goes wrong and the boo boys are out in force. The level of stupidity it takes to deliberately make something worse than it already is is staggering. 

You boo them they play worse, you support them they play better. Anyone who boos is massive tool. Case closed end of story. 

I thought we were placid and couldn't be bothered?

• Like 1

Young and old our 90% of our fans are terrible vocally. Numbers wise we’re good but that’s because it’s such a ‘family friendly’ experience, so easy to get tickets for the ‘families’. 

The question is why have the younger generation also become mute alongside the largescale older generation we have? Is it because they just can’t be bothered any more as about 27 people join in? Is it because we don’t have songs that develop and are sung loudly and regularly enough to catch on? 

There's similar threads in the Chelsea forum about the lack of stadium atmosphere and I imagine all club forums. I wonder if it's as much to do with the decline in communal singing as much as is it could be to do with the 'match day experience'. Singing hymns in the morning at school is abandoned by state schools - my primary school daughter sings once a year with classmates - for the Christmas play. Church attendance is lower than ever. Old fashioned Sing-a-longs in pubs is a novelty and more likely to be terrible karaoke. Football/Rugby is the only place where communal singing takes place. There's no longer a culture of singing in commune anymore, it's a lost art. Singing with others means you have to be confident and perhaps familiar with the others around you. And it helps to have a hymn sheet!

Edited by moseeds

The Nigel Pearson fan boys don't help within our fanbase. 

When it started to go wrong at the start of the Season it doesn't help singing Nigel Pearson songs. Get behind the team and the current manager instead. 

He set the foundations for us to which I'm greatful but the ship set sail many years ago. 

Proper crumpet behaviour to keep singing about him😂

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

The Nigel Pearson fan boys don't help within our fanbase. 

When it started to go wrong at the start of the Season it doesn't help singing Nigel Pearson songs. Get behind the team and the current manager instead. 

He set the foundations for us to which I'm greatful but the ship set sail many years ago. 

Proper crumpet behaviour to keep singing about him😂

Haven’t heard us sing about him once this season to be honest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1884Man said:

That's not true. Away fans are great. When was the last time you traveled away?

MK Dons and Liverpool since the break if you must know. Still as bad as we’ve been for years so don’t know what away ends you’ve been in :S

7 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Young and old our 90% of our fans are terrible vocally. Numbers wise we’re good but that’s because it’s such a ‘family friendly’ experience, so easy to get tickets for the ‘families’. 

The question is why have the younger generation also become mute alongside the largescale older generation we have? Is it because they just can’t be bothered any more as about 27 people join in? Is it because we don’t have songs that develop and are sung loudly and regularly enough to catch on? 

I’d say (and this happening up and down the country) that the majority of attending fans now at the KP only know football as all seaters and sanitised atmospheres.

Alongside this there is a plain societal problem of building something organic and original without ‘judgement’. The 27 you’d talk about would collect on a terrace and then 27 others who fancy it would walk over. It would just build. Now to even attempt replicating that you have to be organised.

To a degree everyone takes themselves so serious now rather than getting involved and giving it a go. You have to look some peoples attitudes to the signing section. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

This sort of thing wouldn’t be a problem if fans what didn’t like it just sang up with an alternative song. 

I read and hear week after week - why do we sing this? That chants rubbish! It’s in the hands of the fans to change that. Shout up change the song - chanting / atmosphere is like a democracy and UFS will admit themselves, if a chant gets around the crowd and gets going, you go with it. 

Amen. Football's always been about mob rule. Don't like something? Find more people like yourself and do something different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Our fan base has become noticeably toxic in the last few years. Slightest thing goes wrong and the boo boys are out in force. The level of stupidity it takes to deliberately make something worse than it already is is staggering. 

You boo them they play worse, you support them they play better. Anyone who boos is massive tool. Case closed end of story. 

During the game yes, after it then no. If the team and manager are failing to perform to the level then they deserve to be told. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

This sort of thing wouldn’t be a problem if fans what didn’t like it just sang up with an alternative song. 

I read and hear week after week - why do we sing this? That chants rubbish! It’s in the hands of the fans to change that. Shout up change the song - chanting / atmosphere is like a democracy and UFS will admit themselves, if a chant gets around the crowd and gets going, you go with it. 

You don't get it, do you? 😂

It's seemingly a problem beyond the King Power, unfortunately. The whole experience has been sanitised to the point that you have TikTok drones taking the piss out of kids for having the balls to sing in a silent home end.

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

It's seemingly a problem beyond the King Power, unfortunately. The whole experience has been sanitised to the point that you have TikTok drones taking the piss out of kids for having the balls to sing in a silent home end.

Good on him but what do you expect sitting in that part of Villa Park? 

They've got it nailed abroad (shock) where basically if you're not in the home "end" or the away "end" you're basically in a neutral section with no expectation of any kind of support other than polite applause. 

Go where the other singers are or you're singing on your own, it's blindingly simple. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I do. If you don't like what say twenty of our supporters are singing, you sing a song to over-ride it. The end. Then the chants about Pearson would die down because they would join with whatever else is being sung. 

Our ends are naff - but as along as we all type away here moaning about it rather than actively changing it with our gobs, we are all hypocrites. 

They got outsung, don't worry about that. 

But no you don't get it. 

If anyone is reading this and you're a Pearson fan boy... signing those songs just stay away with the toxic shit until you feel its a time to come back🤷‍♂️ no wonder our home and away ends have gone to shit.. 

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But no you don't get it. 

If anyone is reading this and you're a Pearson fan boy... signing those songs just stay away with the toxic shit until you feel its a time to come back🤷‍♂️ no wonder our home and away ends have gone to shit.. 

I'm one of the biggest NP fanboys going and I wouldn't sing his name unless he was a half time guest or something. It's a bit weird if some people are doing it on the regular.

Except if UFS are doing a round of "nostalgia" chants like sometimes closes out a drab finish to a game.

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But no you don't get it. 

I’ve not heard people singing Pearson songs this season. But with some despairing moments this season, why can’t people celebrate one of our great managers? Within the context of our away ends, why is this more toxic than other issues? Not disputing your experience necessarily, I’m just genuinely interested to know whether there’s more to it than I assume.

13 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I'm one of the biggest NP fanboys going and I wouldn't sing his name unless he was a half time guest or something. It's a bit weird if some people are doing it on the regular.

Except if UFS are doing a round of "nostalgia" chants like sometimes closes out a drab finish to a game.

The latter I don't mind, even Claudio, O'Neill songs etc but when it went to shit earlier in the season just back the team playing? 

13 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I’ve not heard people singing Pearson songs this season. But with some despairing moments this season, why can’t people celebrate one of our great managers? Within the context of our away ends, why is this more toxic than other issues? Not disputing your experience necessarily, I’m just genuinely interested to know whether there’s more to it than I assume.

See above reply my friend 🙂

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 2