Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 hours ago, nathan. said:

Going down a bit early at HT is the only way you dont miss kick off for the second.

6 hours ago, Patrick said:

Don't see why it's an absolute necessity to have a pint at half time at the expense of missing parts of the game really. Nearly 10 minutes before half time is more than 'a bit early' for me.

It's annoying how many people go to the concourse on 35/40 mins. They are no worse than the people that leave early.

Can't be enjoyable rushing shit beer down yourself.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The safety manager really hates those lads.

I sat in those exact seats for about 6 seasons when we first moved ground and they have always been there, the odd games they also had the police with them filming for some bizarre reason 

2 minutes ago, guest123 said:

I sat in those exact seats for about 6 seasons when we first moved ground and they have always been there, the odd games they also had the police with them filming for some bizarre reason 

You had a row of 12 additional to usual 6 stewards plonked on the pitchside and only in that corner area?

37 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I would be fine with music at full-time if it was the right song. When You're Smiling in full after a win could really hit!

Doesn't need to be overplayed, that's part of the problem with the current choice we're mostly sick of it after it being forced on us after all the goals and full time. Liverpool don't play YNWA at full time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

You had a row of 12 additional to usual 6 stewards plonked on the pitchside and only in that corner area?

Always, especially when before KO and half/full time which this photo looks like. always assumed because it was close to the exit tunnel and they can get into either concourse from there quickly if needed, and can also cover both stands 

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

Don't see why it's an absolute necessity to have a pint at half time at the expense of missing parts of the game really. Nearly 10 minutes before half time is more than 'a bit early' for me.

For me it's to have 15/20mins with my mates I only normally see on matchdays. Quite happy to miss 5 mins of a 90min game, it's not the end of the world.

Although don't tend to go down until after 40th min.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Patrick said:

Overall a decent enough atmosphere, especially in the second half. However, seeing a significant amount of people leaving the stands on the 37th minute to go down and buy their pint of overpriced pisswater was a real low, the bloke next to me who did then spent the rest of the match messing about on his phone. Sums up some of the 'fans' we've got who prioritise drinking crap beer over watching the match and supporting their team.

Definitely going to email the club about the goal music on the full time whistle, ruined yet another authentic celebration. 

If I'm on my own I go down around 33 minutes so I can firstly get a beer without queuing, see some mates for a chat and then have a beer with some family and discuss future away games. You can watch all the match on the screens without listening to idiots yelling whack it forward, and have a couple of pisses, enjoy your beer and get back for the start of the second half. Very much doubt the players are concerned about me going for a beer.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I still can't understand this. It's partially understandable whilst we're dog shit but we're doing well. Why not spend the last five watching the result come in.

Because I have an early start in the morning, I'd rather go for 85 minutes and back them than totally not bother.

11 hours ago, lanefox said:

I think it's disrespectful to the players especially when we're playing so well that you can't be bothered to congratulate them at the end of the game

I'm sure the vast quantities of money they earn will alleviate some of their fears of being disrespected.

30 minutes ago, guest123 said:

If I'm on my own I go down around 33 minutes so I can firstly get a beer without queuing, see some mates for a chat and then have a beer with some family and discuss future away games. You can watch all the match on the screens without listening to idiots yelling whack it forward, and have a couple of pisses, enjoy your beer and get back for the start of the second half. Very much doubt the players are concerned about me going for a beer.

Not what KDH's celebration suggested...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Preston brought good numbers for a midweek away game in the championship 3 hours away. I was surprised, I was expecting them to bring at most 1500. 

Big-headed but we are genuinely a big day out for a lot this year. Think quite a few pubs from the Preston area put buses on, saw one of them rock up at Loughborough Wetherspoons in the afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trev3939 said:

Have to say, don’t usually criticise the atmosphere but I thought the section was poor for large parts of the game compared to other games. Having a season ticket there I found that a lot less people around me were signing them usual but there were pockets of the second half that were quite good.

Out of interest where in the section are you (top, middle or bottom, without sounding like Michael Barrymore)? The front was good and I could hear the back start chants (which is fairly normal). It's usually the middle that can be very patchy.

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Out of interest where in the section are you (top, middle or bottom, without sounding like Michael Barrymore)? The front was good and I could hear the back start chants (which is fairly normal). It's usually the middle that can be very patchy.

I sit between the front and middle and I can hear the front clearly but throughout this game I felt it was only about the first 4 rows singing and whilst I was joining in those around me were not. I think there needs to be more autonomy between the front and back and that could encourage the kop to join in.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

I sit between the front and middle and I can hear the front clearly but throughout this game I felt it was only about the first 4 rows singing and whilst I was joining in those around me were not. I think there needs to be more autonomy between the front and back and that could encourage the kop to join in.

Probably due to the fact there are still people in the section that didn’t want to be moved but don’t really fancy singing either. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t get why people complain about those who go down for a pint. Some people just fancy one at HT and may want to discuss the half with mates who sit in other areas etc. 

Same reason why people complan about those leaving early. Missing 5/10 mins of the game.

Personally doesn't bother me, people can do what they want, I was just adding to the discussion.

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Was a bit better but certainly nothing great. 

Agreed on early leavers. Last night was a nightmare with traffic but there’s no excuse on Saturday.

If I leave on 85 minutes I can make it back for the Masked Singer!

is a new series back on then? Asking for the kids, obviously

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lanefox said:

I think it's disrespectful to the players especially when we're playing so well that you can't be bothered to congratulate them at the end of the game

TBF if they came straight over and applauded the fans I'd stay a lot more often but it took 5 or 6 mins last night just to finish shaking hands with every single Preston player and officials. Even the stay forever grannies with blankets and flasks on our row were packed up and leaving by that point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

That chant that Spurs sing about Ange and seems to have crept in needs binning off now. Cant be stealing a song off them wank3rs, originality ffs

Think we had it first but no I'm not keen either.  Think I'd prefer a simple "Enzo Enzo!" 😂

1 hour ago, Trev3939 said:

It's definitely something we have picked up on in the front, there seems a bit of a divide (in regard to different chants starting, not hearing each other, some not participating etc.) at times and it seems challenging to connect the whole section.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's annoying how many people go to the concourse on 35/40 mins. They are no worse than the people that leave early.

Can't be enjoyable rushing shit beer down yourself.

Take my kids down for a drink and food at 38 minutes and watch whilst queuing.

it’s that or miss the start of the 2nd half.

better staff would help immensely.

• Like 1