Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Take my kids down for a drink and food at 38 minutes and watch whilst queuing.

it’s that or miss the start of the 2nd half.

better staff would help immensely.

Can the kids manage without food and drink for another 45 minutes? 

• Like 2

Just now, Spudulike said:

Can the kids manage without food and drink for another 45 minutes? 

My kids love the hotdogs. (no idea why)

It is just easier all round. My eldest lad stays in his seat. My youngest is at that stage where he hasn’t got the concentration still for the whole match. Also not old enough to send to the toilet on his own.

I would end up hearing my name called out on the tannoy.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Of course, kids always want something to eat. I've been taking my lad since he was seven years old and he's never, ever had something to eat from the kiosks. We don't don't associate going down the City with food. We eat before we go and occasionally take some sweets or a chocolate bar for half time (and always a bottle of water/squash). Never been a problem and never miss a minute. I don't want to be in the concourse when we score. Does that make me a snob :dunno:

your comment to the other poster most certainly did. how dare other people have different routines that don't match yours. when i take my nephew we go for a breakfast before a few pub visits, by half time he's hungry again, i'm not going to tell an 8 year old they have to wait or wet their pants because I don't want to miss a single second of the football

• Like 1

I just don’t think ufs can win, they starts songs off (too long) now they’re stood in the wrong place to create an atmosphere.. it’s just being picky to paper over people just can’t be bothered. The first 4-5 rows make an effort (apart from a couple near me who stood warming their hands in their pockets for 90), like @KrefelderFox666 said it’s patchy in the middle then up top you might have a couple of starters. Atmosphere is a spreader and if it don’t carry from front to back it breaks down. 

shock horror at the end the blocks reacted to stand up if you love Leicester, they have got it in them but why they just sit there clapping is beyond me.. I’ve been at work today and literally got no voice.. I wanted to start off we love you last night but it probably wouldn’t sound great, I like that chant and it never got aired.. :D

song book definitely needs expanding but I think the atmosphere will just be simply what it is and it’s a bloody shame to the players.. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, guest123 said:

your comment to the other poster most certainly did. how dare other people have different routines that don't match yours. when i take my nephew we go for a breakfast before a few pub visits, by half time he's hungry again, i'm not going to tell an 8 year old they have to wait or wet their pants because I don't want to miss a single second of the football

I would suggest that you reread my post. I'm not saying that anyone should have the same routine as mine. It was a question. Additionally, needing the toilet is a different matter. 

:nigel:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthendLee said:

Threads like this on opposition message boards seem a common theme. Observations as a visiting fan, I would say as a ground it felt a bit underwhelming and flat.

I am not sure whether it’s the acoustics but from our corner we could see the fans in the Union FS section bouncing at one point but couldn’t hear much noise. There was the drum and a small section around it that could be sporadically heard but that was it until the goals when it livened up. In much the same way, I’ve seen posts saying the away fans were quiet but honestly aside for a few minutes after the goals there was chanting and noise throughout, maybe half the issue is the stadium acoustics don’t help?  That said when your dishing out thunder clappers to generate an atmosphere you know you’re onto a loser (sorry they’re a pet hate). 

You have a team and ground fit for the Prem, and a match day product to match, so the place should be bouncing but it just isn’t. You’ll breeze this league so enjoy it, it deserves more fan interaction than it sounds like it’s getting.

Having been a student there in the 90s and going to the old Filbert Street, the fans are still fairly sound and we had a good chat walking back to the car with a few City fans who were picky of the football and moaning about the atmosphere. The stewarding and safety checks are a bit OTT and tbh the police would have been better sorting out the traffic than worrying about anything going on around the ground, how the club, council and police conspired road closures and no exit plan like that were a shambles!

The acoustics are a known issue, however, many people overlook it or refuse to believe the science behind such anomalies. I'm a pro musician and have played in wildly varying acoustics, a bad one can be ruinous. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The acoustics are a known issue, however, many people overlook it or refuse to believe the science behind such anomalies. I'm a pro musician and have played in wildly varying acoustics, a bad one can be ruinous. 

Because it's a load of rubbish. 

You're telling me you swap our ground for Legia Warsaw's and it'll be shit because of acoustics?

The fact is we only have 100 or so folk that actively want to support the team vocally, the rest aren't arsed. 

Edited by AndWhat?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthendLee said:

Threads like this on opposition message boards seem a common theme. Observations as a visiting fan, I would say as a ground it felt a bit underwhelming and flat.

I am not sure whether it’s the acoustics but from our corner we could see the fans in the Union FS section bouncing at one point but couldn’t hear much noise. There was the drum and a small section around it that could be sporadically heard but that was it until the goals when it livened up. In much the same way, I’ve seen posts saying the away fans were quiet but honestly aside for a few minutes after the goals there was chanting and noise throughout, maybe half the issue is the stadium acoustics don’t help?  That said when your dishing out thunder clappers to generate an atmosphere you know you’re onto a loser (sorry they’re a pet hate). 

You have a team and ground fit for the Prem, and a match day product to match, so the place should be bouncing but it just isn’t. You’ll breeze this league so enjoy it, it deserves more fan interaction than it sounds like it’s getting.

Having been a student there in the 90s and going to the old Filbert Street, the fans are still fairly sound and we had a good chat walking back to the car with a few City fans who were picky of the football and moaning about the atmosphere. The stewarding and safety checks are a bit OTT and tbh the police would have been better sorting out the traffic than worrying about anything going on around the ground, how the club, council and police conspired road closures and no exit plan like that were a shambles!

I do think it’s the acoustics. I’m by UFS and couldn’t hear the Preston fans at all but you could tell there was singing and clapping. Our atmosphere is embarrassing and has been for years unfortunately 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I do think it’s the acoustics. I’m by UFS and couldn’t hear the Preston fans at all but you could tell there was singing and clapping. Our atmosphere is embarrassing and has been for years unfortunately 

The acoustics are definitely a factor. However, if the whole Kop would pull their finger out, the whole stadium would hear it and no-one would moan about bad acoustics. Preston were very good yesterday. I could actually hear them a few times. If the whole away end join in together, you can hear it anywhere in the stadium. The same goes for our home support.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The acoustics are definitely a factor. However, if the whole Kop would pull their finger out, the whole stadium would hear it and no-one would moan about bad acoustics. Preston were very good yesterday. I could actually hear them a few times. If the whole away end join in together, you can hear it anywhere in the stadium. The same goes for our home support.

Precisely…  

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I would suggest that you reread my post. I'm not saying that anyone should have the same routine as mine. It was a question. Additionally, needing the toilet is a different matter. 

:nigel:

oh i've read it alright, you sneered and you know you did. we'll leave it there but in future just accept people do things different to you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Because I have an early start in the morning, I'd rather go for 85 minutes and back them than totally not bother.

I'm sure the vast quantities of money they earn will alleviate some of their fears of being disrespected.

Shut the thread down we’ve solved the problem. The players earn loads of money so don’t need our support 

8 hours ago, NorthendLee said:

What was that chant you sang majority of the time that sounded like ‘we’re Leeds’? 😂