Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest nathan.
6 hours ago, Raj said:

A geezer behind me ( I've had an ST for 30 years and have been in my seat since KP was opened and he comes now and again when his mate cant make it AND hes even older than me..)said to me " Cant you just be quiet and not swear all the time!"🤣🤣🤣...

When Vardy scored I sarcastically  asked him after if it was okay that I celebrated...

Sums up our fanbase really.

It doesn't sum up the fan base.

It sums up the entitled twats with a ST who go out of chore.

5 minutes ago, nathan. said:

The guy in question doesn't  have a ST.

But I get your point👍

Time for some of these to give up and let the next generation hop aboard the rollercoaster  of supporting lcfc until they too become bitter and twisted like some of us🤣🤣

Edited by Raj

3 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Unfortunately that seems to be the majority of our match going fan base these days, so I'd agree, it sums them up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raj said:

A geezer behind me ( I've had an ST for 30 years and have been in my seat since KP was opened and he comes now and again when his mate cant make it AND hes even older than me..)said to me " Cant you just be quiet and not swear all the time!"🤣🤣🤣...

When Vardy scored I sarcastically  asked him after if it was okay that I celebrated...

Sums up our fanbase really.

Why do you need to swear all the time!tourettes?

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

Why do you need to swear all the time!tourettes?

Most of our chants include swear words or profanities?

Its football.

Not rugby.

Next game I'll take my flask and Filbert fox teddy bear and applaud gently when we score🙄

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Most of our chants include swear words or profanities?

Its football.

Not rugby.

Next game I'll take my flask and Filbert fox teddy bear and applaud gently when we score🙄

Oh singing I thought he was on about your general conversation, get into and fxxk him up

• Haha 1

Just watched the video of the team and enzo celebrating on the pitch at the end. As the camera revolves around them and you see from their perspective  the vast empty seats it just looks so sh**.    Never mind away fans chanting at our part timers, I think perhaps we ought to.  Shame a few into sticking around perhaps.  Trying to rebuild that player fan connection and so many bu**ering off early really doesn't help.  

Edited by Batfink77
  • Like 3

Remember when they used to say it was quiet in the stands as the noise filters to the pitch 🤔

The only way you'll ever create and atmosphere is move to L1 and surrounding area, but since day one the club didn't want this.

So basically the atmosphere will always be shite as only pockets of fans sing.

• Like 1

I looked around at 89 minutes and the majority of fans were still in the ground and no one really leaving, it was when they put up 5 minutes injury time that people started to leave but not as bad as other games. I can understand people getting out early midweek especially with the roadworks. 

12 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I looked around at 89 minutes and the majority of fans were still in the ground and no one really leaving, it was when they put up 5 minutes injury time that people started to leave but not as bad as other games. I can understand people getting out early midweek especially with the roadworks. 

honestly think its due to the city and surrounding areas having truly crap roads. take the side roads round Narborough Road etc for example, get out 10 mins before full time and can be back at the Foxhunter roundabout in 10-15mins, get stuck with everyone else it can take another hour. Same with Aylestone Road. 

Doesn't effect me by the way as I wait until the players have walked off to leave then go boozing round town 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, guest123 said:

honestly think its due to the city and surrounding areas having truly crap roads. take the side roads round Narborough Road etc for example, get out 10 mins before full time and can be back at the Foxhunter roundabout in 10-15mins, get stuck with everyone else it can take another hour. Same with Aylestone Road. 

Doesn't effect me by the way as I wait until the players have walked off to leave then go boozing round town 

It’s not just the roads, it’s the entire transport system.  Personally we stay until the players have left the pitch, go for a Nando’s and by the time we have eaten it the roads are pretty much clear.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, guest123 said:

The crap roads and public transport links have always been there though. This has only started happening in the past few years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The crap roads and public transport links have always been there though. This has only started happening in the past few years.

it really hasn't, this has been happening since i can remember, going back to the filbert street days

• Like 1

Freemans common car park was closed for Match day parking on Saturday, which was a right pain in the ass and put strain on other car parks (managed to find one of the last spaces by the athletics track). It's the first time i've ever known this to happen. Anyone know if this is a one off as i think there was an open day at the Uni, but they allowed parking the same weekend last year. The last thing we need is public parking closing to fans on match days. 

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not to anywhere near the same extent though.

It's only been 'this bad' since the roadworks on Aylestone Road, before it was as normal as it's ever been. also little point for many fans staying for a celebratory sing song after the full time whistle with the music blaring out 

9 minutes ago, guest123 said:

It's only been 'this bad' since the roadworks on Aylestone Road, before it was as normal as it's ever been. also little point for many fans staying for a celebratory sing song after the full time whistle with the music blaring out 

We've been seeing large groups of fans walking out, whatever the context of the game, for a number of years now - even in situations where we've been pushing for last-minute winners and so on. There have been numerous issues over the years where roadworks have affected journeys away from the ground over the years and there was never the kind of mass exodus we now see every week.