Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I would generally say the club have made a decent move by introducing flags across the stadium. Widespread flags at stadiums has become something you see at numerous clubs, so I get that it's generic. Despite that, I think the flag scene looks particularly good at St. James' Park (we'll see it tonight of course).

Edited by AlexFT

2 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

As I said previously, I would generally say the club have made a decent move by introducing flags across the stadium. Widespread flags at stadiums has become something you see at numerous clubs, so I get it's generic. Despite that, I think the flag scene looks particularly good at St. James' Park (our opponents tonight of course).

Edit; Sorry completely misread your post.

Edited by AKCJ

14 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

As I said previously, I would generally say the club have made a decent move by introducing flags across the stadium. Widespread flags at stadiums has become something you see at numerous clubs, so I get that it's generic. Despite that, I think the flag scene looks particularly good at St. James' Park (we'll see it tonight of course).

Newcastle had them last season when we played them away in April and I thought 'Tinpot' 

We've done it the last couple of games and I've thought 'Car Boot sale'. 

They are a beautiful thing 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Newcastle had them last season when we played them away in April and I thought 'Tinpot' 

We've done it the last couple of games and I've thought 'Car Boot sale'. 

They are a beautiful thing 

Everyone has their preferences, personally think it's better than having clappers. The flag scene at grounds seems to have really grown in recent times, arguably driven mostly by clubs themselves as opposed to supporter groups. As I touched on, because of that it's no longer an original move to take. I think the desired effect of them is to give more of an occasion feel to home games and I would go along with that thinking. That being said, there's also a case for them to be brought out for certain home games rather than every one.

1 hour ago, AlexFT said:

Everyone has their preferences, personally think it's better than having clappers. The flag scene at grounds seems to have really grown in recent times, arguably driven mostly by clubs themselves as opposed to supporter groups. As I touched on, because of that it's no longer an original move to take. I think the desired effect of them is to give more of an occasion feel to home games and I would go along with that thinking. That being said, there's also a case for them to be brought out for certain home games rather than every one.

I can't think of any clubs in the league that give flags out other than us. Everyone else is done by the fans. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I can't think of any clubs in the league that give flags out other than us. Everyone else is done by the fans. 

To be honest, because it's something you see at various grounds I just made the assumption. I wouldn't have thought we're the only ones in the league who have club produced flags but given what you've said, we must then be in the minority (if not the only club who does it).

1 hour ago, AlexFT said:

To be honest, because it's something you see at various grounds I just made the assumption. I wouldn't have thought we're the only ones in the league who have club produced flags but given what you've said, we must then be in the minority (if not the only club who does it).

Newcastle last night was definitely done by the fan's 

On 09/01/2023 at 22:21, K1FOX said:

Our fans are terrible but our song book is equally as bad 

If you think we're bad, the Geordies yesterday were absolutely dire. I was at the game, and they only sang at the start, half time and when they cheered the goals. Otherwise they were 'totally' silent. When we sang " football in a library" and" where's your famous atmosphere", it was the truth. It's really good to get a different perspective by visiting grounds with quiet fans, then it makes the KP not that bad.

41 minutes ago, Corky said:

You could, mainly before half time.

I was there, and we sang for about 70% of the time until they scored the 2nd. Then everyone was deflated.

The Geordie fans were awful, totally quiet ( other than at the start, 1/2 time, and after each goal), and it puts a totally different slant on the KP atmosphere.

5 minutes ago, coolcol said:

If you think we're bad, the Geordies yesterday were absolutely dire. I was at the game, and they only sang at the start, half time and when they cheered the goals. Otherwise they were 'totally' silent. When we sang " football in a library" and" where's your famous atmosphere", it was the truth. It's really good to get a different perspective by visiting grounds with quiet fans, then it makes the KP not that bad.

On TV i was a little surprised, especially as the commentator was shouting about the famous atmosphere whilst is sounded practically quiet. 

Sky recently showed one of the Newcastle Liverpool games from the mid 90's and it sounded raucous for most of the game. I just think in general crowds are different now everywhere.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

The problem at Leicester is that we don’t have a song that echoes around the stadium,like Man City’s Blue moon or forests mull of kintyre.

even West Ham’s bubbles,annoying though it is.

Leicesters when your smiling just doesn’t cut it.

Its these songs when the players come that gets the crowd going.

28 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

The problem at Leicester is that we don’t have a song that echoes around the stadium,like Man City’s Blue moon or forests mull of kintyre.

even West Ham’s bubbles,annoying though it is.

Leicesters when your smiling just doesn’t cut it.

Its these songs when the players come that gets the crowd going.

Maybe we need a song or something that leads into Vichai Had A Dream so people can start singing it from the off instead of playing catch up. The Vichai Had A Dream bit is the part most people want to belt out

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Maybe we need a song or something that leads into Vichai Had A Dream so people can start singing it from the off instead of playing catch up. The Vichai Had A Dream bit is the part most people want to belt out

People tend to belt out champions of England you made us sing that which gets the most support. I’ve said before I think when your smiling could take off and be the anthem after goals or like Liverpool when it reaches the 90th minute providing it’s sung at the same speed as before kick off. The version where it’s sang at 10x the speed and it turns into a load of rabble needs binning.. 

• Like 2

Just now, MS0204 said:

People tend to belt out champions of England you made us sing that which gets the most support. I’ve said before I think when your smiling could take off and be the anthem after goals or like Liverpool when it reaches the 90th minute providing it’s sung at the same speed as before kick off. The version where it’s sang at 10x the speed and it turns into a load of rabble needs binning.. 

Thats a fair point on Vichai Had A Dream. And yeah WYS on speed is a bit shit.

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Vichai had a dream song is awful really. Was just quickly made together in time for the first game since his death.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Vichai had a dream song is awful really. Was just quickly made together in time for the first game since his death.

Best of a bad bunch, there isnt much else which is original(ish) and decent. Its also pretty timeless.