Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The number of people who have a four-hour trip to games are in an absolute minority, though. Again, people would expect *a few* fans each game to leave because of circumstances like that - there's no way half of the stadium have that excuse.

Dunno if it's just me, but sitting in a warm car in a traffic jam after a game with my old man listening to the Moan-In or Sports Report on the radio used to be part of the fun of a matchday for me? Almost feels like actually going to games is a borderline inconvenience for people if they're determined to leave early every game, whatever the context of the match.

lol I'm sort of the same here. Actually don't mind it for a little while. Admittedly the post Preston game was absurd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

I can't understand what people are rushing home to do? Extra time can be the most exciting part for the match. It's the all or nothing stage for teams. 

Cetainly the last quarter is the most exciting part playing the Enzo way. The opposition are often physically and psychologically worn down by then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Cetainly the last quarter is the most exciting part playing the Enzo way. The opposition are often physically and psychologically worn down by then. 

People are oftenleaving before they  know how much  extra time if going say 5 minutes early  and 10 minutes extra they miss 15  mins and   with   Leicesters record of scoring late why bother to come at all

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

People are oftenleaving before they  know how much  extra time if going say 5 minutes early  and 10 minutes extra they miss 15  mins and   with   Leicesters record of scoring late why bother to come at all

And its not a recent phenomenon either.  I remember back in the early 90's talking to my dad  about fans leaving early, and we seemed to score a huge amount of late goals back then.

This season you’ll have missed a few of our really important goals towards the end of games by leaving 5 minutes early. Can’t imagine walking away from the ground having to hear the roar of a last minute winner behind you but each to their own..

41 minutes ago, Munshi said:

This season you’ll have missed a few of our really important goals towards the end of games by leaving 5 minutes early. Can’t imagine walking away from the ground having to hear the roar of a last minute winner behind you but each to their own..

Yeah but at least you'd get home 10 mins earlier :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Munshi said:

You're saying that as somebody that cares though. A large section of our fanbase seem to go out of habit and just don't seem to care as much as you'd expect a football fan to care.

That's reflected throughout the home matchday, and is probably in part down to our success, but also down to the club. 

• Like 3

On 12/10/2023 at 10:07, grobyfox1990 said:

I agree with this. Remember sitting on a completely closed M1 with my engine off for 9 hours in -3 degrees after Nacho's VAR goal against Everton in 2019, getting home at 5am and then up at 6.30am for work. Loving life, heart FM blasting out. Moments like that are why you put in the miles. Then again also often thinking what is the point of all this when getting home in the small hours after a drab 0-0 or limp 1-0 defeat.

Horses for courses at the end of the day and for such a frivolous issue, no one is right or wrong. But if you're already doing a 9/10 hour round trip, logic dictates you wouldn't risk the potentially best part of the day to save 10% of your total journey time and miss 10% of the actual reason you've done the journey. Those with the long journeys surely have even more reason to stay until the end.

Don't disagree with the points made but fortunately we haven't missed too many last minute goals at (almost got caught out with recent Casadei winner :P but ended up in an hour's queue/ down on the steps to see Ulloa's equaliser against WHU in 15/16). 

Agree it's my own fault parking on FC & potentially getting "trapped" in one way system - now made worse by only a single lane at the bottom of Commercial Square stopping those folks turning left rather than right.

If Rudkin can arrange an exit pass or fast lane for those fans having a "legitimate" reason for leaving early 😉  I appreciate everyone has their own reasons for staying & leaving & equally views on so-called "rights / wrongs" of leaving early.  Hopefully things will settle down as this season goes on & more folks stay to the end so I can leave on 90.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Munshi said:

Fortunately, it's not the end of the world. Obviously, I'd prefer to see goals when in the stadium because that's part of the reason being there but I don't watch LCFC just for last minute goals.  On several occasions, I've been happy hearing a last minute winner. Last season, I often hoped that would be the case!!  I don't need to celebrate every goal by limbs ablazing.

I get the point about the players clapping to a half empty stadium at the final whistle but I don't think they're crying in the changing rooms afterwards due to a lack of adoring fans.  (I was one of the few muppets who stayed after the defeat to Newcastle last season - my whole row empty & I recall a FT debate about whether fans should clap or not after such a performance or lack of).  I appreciate this season, they deserve a clap but again they ain't missing/looking out for my ugly mug.

I assume at some point, the club will introduce a points system for the "perfect" fan & the top 10 will get an all expenses paid tour of Seagrave where you they can be carried around by the players on a pedestal showered with blue tinted roses (but not by Danny W for safety reasons 😉).  Obviously I won't qualify & in any case, I wouldn't want to get stuck in traffic getting back on to the A46 😁

• Like 2

I've always thought that building a footbridge across the Soar just south of the ground would benefit the traffic congestion (connect it up to Evesham Road for a half mile footpath) - that way people coming to the stadium from the west of the city/county by car could park farther away

• Like 2

On 12/10/2023 at 09:32, Voll Blau said:

The number of people who have a four-hour trip to games are in an absolute minority, though. Again, people would expect *a few* fans each game to leave because of circumstances like that - there's no way half of the stadium have that excuse.

No one needs an excuse, they can do what they like.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

The ST situation feeds into it, people can't dip in and out because we're at capacity. There's probably several thousand fans that'd like a season 'off' but you lose your ST for good. Transferring it often is tricky and at worst you face a ban.

We have fans that don't want to be there in all likelihood but the lack of flexibility means they feel obligated to.

They can feel free to fvck off then 

On 12/10/2023 at 09:32, Voll Blau said:

Dunno if it's just me, but sitting in a warm car in a traffic jam after a game with my old man listening to the Moan-In or Sports Report on the radio used to be part of the fun of a matchday for me? Almost feels like actually going to games is a borderline inconvenience for people if they're determined to leave early every game, whatever the context of the match.

People leaving the game before the full time whistle is getting worse. You’d have thought we were 2-0 down on 87 minutes against Stoke rather than 2-0 up. Totally understand people leaving early on a night game for various reasons. But 3pm on a Saturday? 

• Like 2

Was an average away end I thought, I’ve been in plenty worse as a Leicester fan and seen plenty worse at our place, but it definitely wasn’t one i would remember as anything special and the away end felt a bit fragmented singing at times.

Was impressed with their home support though, nice ground for a modern bowl design. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Was impressed with their home support though, nice ground for a modern bowl design. 

Agreed.   Their support was very good for a modern ground.

It's another example of how our club got it "wrong", but putting the away fans in the corner.

For the clubs putting away fans behind the goal, it seems to encourage a better build up of singing home fans in the nearest corner (which are generally thought of as the least desirable seats, and hence the watching/armchair brigade tend to stay away from).  It's just an observation, and whilst in theory it shouldn't make a great difference, I've noticed it's often the case.