Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Could start to get this in motion if they make them areas safe standing 

100% agree. 

Need there to be some developments on this. Do we know if @Union FS are pushing for it?

Knowing our club, nothing will happen for a while though. They can't even let us celebrate at full time by turning a nob down on the music control board.

• Like 3

I'd love it if Maresca called out the fans for leaving early. 

Like others have already said Union FS get a lot of stick but you can't fault them for the backing that they give to the team. Really happy Maresca has noticed too. 

7 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

There are 100% loud pockets/individual supporters dotted around the ground. I think if we collate them towards the SK1 area they'd make a larger collective noise.

But I agree, we have a huge problem with fans not having the balls to get up off their seat and start singing.

But how do we change that?

I think not insulting folk would be a good start. 

• Like 3

Tuesday night crowds are so different to a Saturday crowd.

It’s pants. Yeah some of us have been slogging our guts out all day but there were some leaving at 80 mins today. 

That game could have gone either way. 

I'm older than the average fan; I remember 42,000 crowds at Filbert Street, with an absolutely electric atmosphere. Sadly, those days have gone; sanitised, American style, 'family friendly' match days. I went to Grimsby Town with a mate recently; banging atmosphere, proper chanting, hard core fans. With a quarter of the crowd attendance! Woke niceness hasn't reached Blundell Park yet....

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Expatfox said:

I'm older than the average fan; I remember 42,000 crowds at Filbert Street, with an absolutely electric atmosphere. Sadly, those days have gone; sanitised, American style, 'family friendly' match days. I went to Grimsby Town with a mate recently; banging atmosphere, proper chanting, hard core fans. With a quarter of the crowd attendance! Woke niceness hasn't reached Blundell Park yet....

Why have you equated it to woke niceness? 
Also what is woke niceness?

Edited by westernpark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some people just like to watch the game and enjoy the footy, not sing and chant and scream all 90 minutes long.

Doesn't make them less of a supporter. 

Let people do their own thing, too many ultras about who think they're the Second coming of Green Street. 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

The only people who deserve any credit 

deluded, I was in K1 tonight and decent noise coming from L1 and surrounding area apart from a weird lull after we scored. As mentioned before I sit in different parts and being next to L1 was just as loud as being next to SK1 for the Preston game, if not better.

Without doubt they were the best fans we've had here all season and also contributed to them drowning out the family end next to the away fans 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I think we should swap the Kop and the Family stand personally 

This is the only thing that would make sense. People hanging on to something called the Kop trying to recreate what was the Kop at Filbert Street, with most never even going to Filbert Street. Makes me laugh all this 'move to the kop' stuff. why? there's 30 or 40 people jumping up and down waving scarves and flags in front of you, surrounded by loads of happy clappers who have no intention of joining in. If people really wanted to join in with all that they would have. Personally, why not just have a load of people singing without the added 'ultra' stuff, it ain't our culture or history and you ain't going to get loads joining in, or it would have happened

edit - must say, the first bit of this is replying directly to Gamble, rest is just in general

Edited by guest123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah that was one of the worst I’ve seen for people leaving at 85mins. It’s getting pretty bad now with the away fans noticing it

away fans have always sang that fire drill song ffs, anyone thinks that was a mass exodus before 90 minues needs to wobble their heads. Yes people left, west stand more than anywhere but can guarantee on here by tomorrow people will be claiming 50% had gone home on the 83rd minute

• Like 2

1 hour ago, niyaminski said:

In all honesty, something needs to be done about our shite support. 

Enzo's bluntly said we're not good enough. But no change.

What could we do?

And on a slightly separate note, what's the family stand atmosphere like?

sat in there a few times and decent towards the away fans, in fact really good. was towards the west stand for the stoke game and it was what you'd really expect from a family end, families enjoying the day out so can't fault that section either although I won't be in that bit again

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Nothing, absolutely nothing, is more important in life than getting home at 10.45pm instead of 11.05pm

lol

This is where my confusion lies, if the game started 15 minutes earlier... would the leavers still leave 15 minutes earlier? :) 

When i was able to go and watch live... i simply allocated the time needed to go and see the game... 
1 hour drive to the game
20 minute walk to the ground
(4 years to get through "security")
2+ hours for the match

20 minute walk to the car
1.20 hour drive home

I no longer can go and watch so i dont really care... but i just find it bizarre that someone takes time away from what they are going for to prioritise saving it elswhere.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Expatfox said:

I’m in the states now and have been to a couple of nba matches, the kp is certainly a long way from American sanitisation. I have also been to blundell park 37 times in the last 15 years (mate is a mariner) and it is a long long way from the earthy experience you are describing. Unsurprisingly, this is an exaggerated post 

• Like 2

For how well the team are doing and how incredible our manager is the atmosphere is appalling. We seem to be only sustain a song for 20 seconds half the fans go on 80 to 90 mins. Huge props though to our away support though, I only go to home games due to work commitments but will make sure I go to a couple of away games this season. 

7 hours ago, niyaminski said:

There are 100% loud pockets/individual supporters dotted around the ground. I think if we collate them towards the SK1 area they'd make a larger collective noise.

But I agree, we have a huge problem with fans not having the balls to get up off their seat and start singing.

But how do we change that?

It’s on those that want to sing but feel they are stifled where they currently are to move to somewhere where they can feel more comfortable with it. 
You can relocate at any time.

7 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

I tried to move in the summer and heard nothing from the club

Chase them up.

Pretty gutted to hear this. If you tried to move to the section then it would be two years on the bounce this has happened. There were large numbers last season who the club never replied to after they had followed the club plan of applying to move.

Edited by SemperEadem

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Enzo's cottoned so much about this club in no time at all. He's a natural. I hope he really pushes them to supplement the atmosphere rather than suppress it like they've been successfully done for years.

Expansion and a severe restructuring of the ground / ticketing systems is the only thing that can save the atmosphere at this ground. Doubt they'll get it right though.

Fans trying to sing his name being drowned out by a song that had it's time 6 years ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Some people just like to watch the game and enjoy the footy, not sing and chant and scream all 90 minutes long.

Doesn't make them less of a supporter. 

Let people do their own thing, too many ultras about who think they're the Second coming of Green Street. 

The Union FS singing section is anything but ,'Green Street' 😂😂

• Like 1