Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

People look at filbert street with rose tinted glasses when it was good my god it was good but there was plenty of times where where it would be pretty poor for months on end with 17k rattling around in there. 

The best period of sustained atmosphere in my life time was by the 2 year period between West Ham at the start of the great escape in April 15 and the atletico quarter final in April 17.the atmosphere in the king power those days was mind blowing most weeks. 

17k?  I remember many gates of 10k....atmosphere was still better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Tongue in cheek suggestion that I can't ever imagine it happening, but if our own vocal fans could voice their discontent with loud boos and the old "Loyal Supporters" chant when people start leaving maybe this could shame a load into staying. 

Last night I sang bring on the Sunderland loud and on my own and then started singing your so quiet I’ll sing on my own hoping to shame a few people into singing it didn’t work lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Well if they are tucked up in bed an hour before I even get out of Freemans common, I'd say that's a pretty good win. 

People are free to do what they want, if you want to be supporter of the year and see every second then knock yourself out. What others do doesn't matter. 

People are free to do what they want, and consequently people are free to comment as they want, as what people do what they want. 

Why isn’t this idea landing with you 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm not defending it because I agree with everything said, but it's a lot more common than we are letting on. Even those so-called great home atmospheres aren't actually very good in this country.

Now Forest have have lost their Premier League novelty their fans are complaining about how bad it's gone there. Look at the way the media wax lyrical about their home fans because of their little song at the start.

Likewise Anfield has never been as good as they make out after YNWA finishes. 

The turning point will be safe standing. If we just make L1 safe standing then nothing will change and we might as well accept it isn't gonna get better. If we make SK1 and SK2 safe standing and everyone moves to the same part there might be a difference. Or make the new stand the family stand when it opens.

I can't remember the last time I went to an away game and was impressed with the home atmosphere.

People can bring up places like Anfield as much as they want for being silent, but this season it's the exact same at each home ground we play at.

People go on about standing, and safe standing, too. How it would help the atmosphere. Yet go on Villa's forum and they've got a thread similar to this, critcising their own atmsophere, despite the fact they have an end that mainly stands.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I can't remember the last time I went to an away game and was impressed with the home atmosphere.

People can bring up places like Anfield as much as they want for being silent, but this season it's the exact same at each home ground we play at.

People go on about standing, and safe standing, too. How it would help the atmosphere. Yet go on Villa's forum and they've got a thread similar to this, critcising their own atmsophere, despite the fact they have an end that mainly stands.

I guess that away fans coming to ours that sing the football in a library song have forgotten about their own (lack of) atmosphere. We beat ourselves up about it but we're really no different to almost all modern clubs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I guess that away fans coming to ours that sing the football in a library song have forgotten about their own (lack of) atmosphere. We beat ourselves up about it but we're really no different to almost all modern clubs. 

Sadly it’s also the lack of originality that exists now. Sets of fans just copy, change and repeat. Penalty of social media. 

Alongside this it feels like few clubs chant specifically about their players. A symptom of football in this era 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

thought it was ok yesterday. Find it so embarrassing the amount of people that leave on 75/80. 

I will never get it. I used to travel down from Manchester, without fail would be there 1 hour before kick and until every player clapped off the pitch at the end.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

They forget about their home atmosphere and also their away atmosphere! All away fans sing "football in a library" but, at our place, have been quiet 90% of the game. The other week Bristol City were deadly quiet and then came out with "football in a library". I felt it was ironic more than anything else.

Modern clubs, modern football, atmsophere's are poor and often hit and miss. When Man City fans aren't even any good, and they're "supporting" the best team in the Country, then somethings wrong somewhere.

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

This is true, in the top two tiers especially there are few good atmosphere's. Arsenal have done alright recently, and Palace behind the goal are decent but I can't think of anyone else?

Middlesbrough is meant to be quite good now - we'll see in a couple of weeks. That should serve as inspiration, because the Riverside used to be as bad as basically anywhere.

It's hard to not rate Leeds really. Two 'ends' behind the goals standing, end to your right as you look looks like an away end when they score. But even there, even at that game in April which was a massive game, it had its flat points, but I do think that is just how it is in England.

Edited by Dan LCFC

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well if they are tucked up in bed an hour before I even get out of Freemans common, I'd say that's a pretty good win. 

People are free to do what they want, if you want to be supporter of the year and see every second then knock yourself out. What others do doesn't matter. 

Nothing to do with that. And I'm hardly 'supporter of the year' I prefer watching is on the telly tbh...but when there, it's about solidarity...even if it's a bit personally inconvenient at times. It's about choosing to watch or choosing to be part of it. These dunderheads are watchers. Footballing peeping toms. Curtain twitchers. It's the behaviour of the lily livered. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They forget about their home atmosphere and also their away atmosphere! All away fans sing "football in a library" but, at our place, have been quiet 90% of the game. The other week Bristol City were deadly quiet and then came out with "football in a library". I felt it was ironic more than anything else.

Modern clubs, modern football, atmsophere's are poor and often hit and miss. When Man City fans aren't even any good, and they're "supporting" the best team in the Country, then somethings wrong somewhere.

To the "Football in a Library" chant last night, directly at their fans I tried to get started.....

You can't even read

You can't even read

Thick northern bas*ards

You can't even read

Got around 20 going with it but it's like pulling teeth

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Man City fans were brilliant when they were shit.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I thought the Swansea fans were pretty good last weekend - at least until we got in the groove, and were totally dominating the game.

But you're right, most home clubs aren't very good these days.

5 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

The over zealous stewarding and policing of the games ain't helping.

Sunderland fan going ballistic at us last night after the "****ing useless" chant was sung by a small group in P block when they squandered another chance.

Turned to look at him and started laughing only to be told, yet again by the same jobsworth steward(ess), to look towards the pitch and watch the game.

Just puts such a downer on things when you are trying to get as much enjoyment and fun out of a game.

Opposition fans shout some banter, you shout banter back, and the stewards are pouncing on you for the slightest thing.

Really does make you feel "Why bother" 

Thank God for away days.

I’m wondering why you listened to her in the first place and didn’t laugh at her as well. It’s no doubt the same woman who was telling people she was recording them in M1 for the Hull game, too which I laughed my head off at