Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

I’m wondering why you listened to her in the first place and didn’t laugh at her as well. It’s no doubt the same woman who was telling people she was recording them in M1 for the Hull game, too which I laughed my head off at

She's been between P block and the away fans for at least 2 seasons now and if you answer back and protest at the micro managing of the non situation the police come down to back her up.

The slightest raised voices and even mild language between them and us and she's on it. Told us in Feb  to be nice because it was Valentines. :blink:

The general crowd control guys stand there in silence just watching and listening and often just smile at the shared comments and abuse but she's their supervisor, over zealous and tries to subdue even the mildest of banter.

She'd find problems if we stood there offering to have tea and biscuits with them FFS! 

19 hours ago, niyaminski said:

In all honesty, something needs to be done about our shite support. 

Enzo's bluntly said we're not good enough. But no change.

What could we do?

And on a slightly separate note, what's the family stand atmosphere like?

It’s shit but I still reckon it’s better than the kop 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

She's been between P block and the away fans for at least 2 seasons now and if you answer back and protest at the micro managing of the non situation the police come down to back her up.

The slightest raised voices and even mild language between them and us and she's on it. Told us in Feb  to be nice because it was Valentines. :blink:

The general crowd control guys stand there in silence just watching and listening and often just smile at the shared comments and abuse but she's their supervisor, over zealous and tries to subdue even the mildest of banter.

She'd find problems if we stood there offering to have tea and biscuits with them FFS! 

Has anyone tried speaking to the club about it? I can see why they may not be overly keen on abuse being thrown at away fans (personally, like most, it's all aprt of the day out for me) but telling you which way to look is taking the piss. 

Perhaps the next time she tries it you should all stand as one and look at the away fans. 

22 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Has anyone tried speaking to the club about it? I can see why they may not be overly keen on abuse being thrown at away fans (personally, like most, it's all aprt of the day out for me) but telling you which way to look is taking the piss. 

Perhaps the next time she tries it you should all stand as one and look at the away fans. 

You just get the impression there's no point mate.

You'd just get the usual lip service generalised response and absolutely zero would be done about it. Couldn't ever imagine the club turning round with instructions to go easy on us as the sanitisation of the fan experience is too far advanced for them to go back.

The abuse is thrown from both sides but the stewards and police are always concentrating on us, (unless some of the opposition fans go too far but that's rare) They are allocated the same places to manage game after game as they are building a picture of who to watch, yet there is nobody to watch! It's just "words" and gestures, most of the time with the odd bit of personal abuse, maybe about appearances or dress code etc, shouted aggressively, sometimes with a laugh in mind but with an acceptance by both sides that this is, and always has been, football on the terraces.

I got told pretty aggressively by a Tottenham fan last year that I have a big nose (TBF I kinda do) but I pointed at the blokes rather rotund wife stood the other side of him and shouted "Well look at your wife, she's fuc*ing big all over" He was MORTIFIED and couldn't respond. He just stared until I gave him the finger also. 1-0 to me but guess who the stewards came to and was told to ignore them and watch the game? 

Edited by ElusiveEd

There isn't enough vocal backing. The general air around the place is much better, the crowd is supportive and enjoying itself again but it isn't translating into a raucous atmosphere that the team and manager deserve.

I would say that going to matches is good at the moment but more could be done.

6 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

You just get the impression there's no point mate.

You'd just get the usual lip service generalised response and absolutely zero would be done about it. Couldn't ever imagine the club turning round with instructions to go easy on us as the sanitisation of the fan experience is too far advanced for them to go back.

The abuse is thrown from both sides but the stewards and police are always concentrating on us, (unless some of the opposition fans go too far but that's rare) They are allocated the same places to manage game after game as they are building a picture of who to watch, yet there is nobody to watch! It's just "words" shouted aggressively but with smiles on faces most of thee time and the odd bit of personal abuse maybe about appearances and dress code etc. 

I got told pretty aggressively by a Tottenham fan last year that I have a big nose (TBF I kinda do) but I pointed at the blokes rather rotund wife stood the other side of him and shouted "Well look at your wife, she's fuc*ing big all over" He was MORTIFIED and couldn't respond. He just stared until I gave him the finger also. 1-0 to me but guess who the stewards came to and was told to ignore them and watch the game? 

To be fair, UFS raised the issue of the stewarding in SK1 last season and they dialled it right back. Basically left alone now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be fair, UFS raised the issue of the stewarding in SK1 last season and they dialled it right back. Basically left alone now.

That gives me hope but we are not UFS in block P. 

I'm resigned to waiting to see if anything comes of the safe standing issue or moving singing sections etc, or, if I have to wait that long, the new stand expansion.

17 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Same old, same old, bashing the older supporters by presumably much younger supporters. It’s all getting pretty boring, week in week out. Will those of you moaning about them still be following the City in 30 or 40 years time, or will you bow out like you expect the current oldies to, at about 45. There are many younger fans who do not sing or chant at games, just as there are many older fans who do. As for saying that they go to away matches just for a day out with no interest in the match, why would they put themselves through the potential of being pushed and shoved by younger fans showing, (for the social media photos), how they are better supporters by injuring anyone who gets in the way. I like to think that I love my club as much as anyone else does, that’s why I spend my pension on match tickets and petrol, not for a ride out.

I don't think it's age bashing... I think it's attitude bashing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I honestly don’t think we need to swap the Kop and the family stand.

But we do need to give the Kop more identity and that could be quite simple:

- more banners like the ‘Leicester City’ one at the top for SK1

- scarves up for WYS

Simple things that anyone can join in with. Doesn’t require anyone to sing or do something they don’t want to, even though that would be even better.

Safe standing would be great but would need help from the club, which will never happen.

Liverpool have their world famous Kop, away fans are on the opposite side.

Why does it take bantering away fans to make a loud Kop?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnlyOneCity is symptomatic of the majority of our fanbase. They value attending for 30 or 40 years over physically backing and supporting the team.

It's completely an English football culture thing now. Just look at the Newcastle match, their biggest match in a couple of decades and it's silence (despite every Geordie insisting SJP is a wall of noise). If you want to be involved with a group of fans who actively support the team. Head to SK1. Enzo clearly isn't that arsed about applauding those who sit in silence, but he made a point of going to the SS last night, which should scream volumes to our fanbase, but likely won't. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I thought the Swansea fans were pretty good last weekend - at least until we got in the groove, and were totally dominating the game.

But you're right, most home clubs aren't very good these days.

Been Swansea twice in the PL and both times thought it was fantastic. Feels so much more than a 20k stadium

In fact l, Swansea is a tremendous,.safe night out..pissheads everywhere from.18-80 but the old hands keep it all under control as they all know each other 

3 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

OnlyOneCity is symptomatic of the majority of our fanbase. They value attending for 30 or 40 years over physically backing and supporting the team.

It's completely an English football culture thing now. Just look at the Newcastle match, their biggest match in a couple of decades and it's silence (despite every Geordie insisting SJP is a wall of noise). If you want to be involved with a group of fans who actively support the team. Head to SK1. Enzo clearly isn't that arsed about applauding those who sit in silence, but he made a point of going to the SS last night, which should scream volumes to our fanbase, but likely won't. 

Agree with the SK1 part if you enjoy giving vocal support.

But the Geordies are ****ing good supporters.

Remember when they came to our place, battered them 4-0 and still they were louder than us, even celebrating our goals louder than we did.

How times have changed 😂

5 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Makes me think, have we got Enzo half on our side?

Might be worth trying to capitalise on that?

13 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Attending for 40 years isn't physically supporting your team? 

Time will tell, and at a certain age you just want to watch the football mate. You do you, don't lose sleep over the people that want to enjoy the football their way. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

I honestly don’t think we need to swap the Kop and the family stand.

But we do need to give the Kop more identity and that could be quite simple:

- more banners like the ‘Leicester City’ one at the top for SK1

- scarves up for WYS

Simple things that anyone can join in with. Doesn’t require anyone to sing or do something they don’t want to, even though that would be even better.

Safe standing would be great but would need help from the club, which will never happen.

Liverpool have their world famous Kop, away fans are on the opposite side.

Why does it take bantering away fans to make a loud Kop?

What happpened to the flags / banners behind the top row of seats? The 'Turkish Delight' & Claudio as the Godfather ones etc

15 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

What happpened to the flags / banners behind the top row of seats? The 'Turkish Delight' & Claudio as the Godfather ones etc

No clue mate. If UFS or the club were to make more, what you recon would be on em?

Ones I’d like to see would be;

- blue and white, pure delight

- semper eadem

- when you’re smiling

- Leicester fosse

Part of me suspects we're pining for something long gone.

I don't think the atmosphere we want is sympathetic with modern football. The newer breed of fans don't want what folk on here do.

It's a question - but is football aligned with supporters anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

laugh at her, i'd like to see the police trying to nick you for laughing. she got laughed at at the Hull game....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Attending for 40 years isn't physically supporting your team? 

Time will tell, and at a certain age you just want to watch the football mate. You do you, don't lose sleep over the people that want to enjoy the football their way. 

Oh I certainly don't lose sleep over it, I just find it quite sad that that's our fan base now.

Walkerleeds, why assume I don’t support City vocally? I have previously stated that I always support them vocally, by physically, what do you mean. I attend home and away and resent the constant barbs directed at fans like me. All clubs have long term loyal fans, that’s not something to be ashamed of, it’s a fact of life. Do you want all fans attending matches to be under a certain age? Look more closely at fan bases on MOTD, all age groups are represented. Do you not realise that there is history attached to clubs? Do you sing Leicester till i Die or Leicester till I reach 40, then I must stop going.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1