Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be fair, UFS raised the issue of the stewarding in SK1 last season and they dialled it right back. Basically left alone now.

hold on, the Preston game there was a rant there were a load of stewards sat at the front. get your stories straight otherwise each weeks different moan just seems daft

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Attending for 40 years isn't physically supporting your team? 

Time will tell, and at a certain age you just want to watch the football mate. You do you, don't lose sleep over the people that want to enjoy the football their way. 

as if they are going to want to jump around waving scarves for 90 minutes when they are over 35 years of age, some might even have birds and kids 

1 hour ago, hebangsthedrums said:

What happpened to the flags / banners behind the top row of seats? The 'Turkish Delight' & Claudio as the Godfather ones etc

Fans started pinching them. The vast majority were made by UFS so we pulled ours down and those we knew we handed back to their owners.

Part of the rail also snapped and the club never repaired it despite us asking a good few times.

Made that stand look great.

Edited by SemperEadem

32 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Fans started pinching them. The vast majority were made by UFS so we pulled ours down and those we knew we handed back to their owners.

Part of the rail also snapped and the club never repaired it despite us asking a good few times.

Made that stand look great.

Thats disappointingly scummy :(

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, guest123 said:

as if they are going to want to jump around waving scarves for 90 minutes when they are over 35 years of age, some might even have birds and kids 

Nor sure which way your reply was meant. I'm nearly 50 and take my youngest in sk1. We both stand and sing all game. Uou don't have to be an 80s hooligan to be passionate the same as you're  not dead inside at 40 unless that's what you choose to become. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

Nor sure which way your reply was meant. I'm nearly 50 and take my youngest in sk1. We both stand and sing all game. Uou don't have to be an 80s hooligan to be passionate the same as you're  not dead inside at 40 unless that's what you choose to become. 

I think you’ve got completely the wrong idea. I’ve no problem with what anyone does, I stand all game myself and sing. My point is that those pushing for the most raucous atmosphere, jumping up and down all game, waving a scarf around their heads for 90 minutes will have a completely different view when they are older. I stood all game against Sunderland and walking down the steps at half time and full time my knees were shot to pieces. Not a chance I could jump up and down on the spot all game. Same with those lads in the future, and like I said, some may have different priorities by then, kids, birds, whatever. There’s a good chance in 10-20 years there’s a new lot of youngsters coming through with a completely new way of thinking and these very people who see olders as being part of the problem maybe well looked at in the same light by the next new breed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Corky said:

There isn't enough vocal backing. The general air around the place is much better, the crowd is supportive and enjoying itself again but it isn't translating into a raucous atmosphere that the team and manager deserve.

I would say that going to matches is good at the moment but more could be done.

The presumption that the reason for the atmosphere being the absolute pits was purely down to what we were watching on the pitch always made me laugh. 

If we cannot create an atmosphere when absolutely annihilating the league and being served up exactly what we've all been calling for and deserve after the last season or so then we never will.

If I were a steward I'd treat lack of involvement in singing as seriously as antisocial behaviour. There's no place in the game for either. GET EM WALKING CAMPBELL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Same old, same old, bashing the older supporters by presumably much younger supporters. It’s all getting pretty boring, week in week out. Will those of you moaning about them still be following the City in 30 or 40 years time, or will you bow out like you expect the current oldies to, at about 45. There are many younger fans who do not sing or chant at games, just as there are many older fans who do. As for saying that they go to away matches just for a day out with no interest in the match, why would they put themselves through the potential of being pushed and shoved by younger fans showing, (for the social media photos), how they are better supporters by injuring anyone who gets in the way. I like to think that I love my club as much as anyone else does, that’s why I spend my pension on match tickets and petrol, not for a ride out.

Come on, quote these age bashing posts that have been made since Tuesday night....

If you can't then stop spouting fake news. 

9 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Thats disappointingly scummy :(

Have you seen the amount of folks that go to efforts to pinch the ‘honesty flags’?

I find the concept itself a bit twee and cringey but the fact the club have done it and folks will try and shove them up their sleeves/in their jackets to steal them is scummy beyond belief.

We’ve a whole host of scroats in the stands, it seems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I've been to St James Park 5 or 6 times now, each time they are quiet as a library. Media are hung on fake atmospheres like Newcastle.

Another ground with stagnant ST base. 

They aren't excited by anything anymore. 

Football grounds are full of addicts who just can't let go of something they no longer enjoy and it's telling. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The modern game is just not the thing that people want it to be anymore. 

Newcastle fans couldn't even get themselves up for a CL game with Dortmund last night. 

The passion and realness of the game has been destroyed by billionaires. 

Only in this country, in the last month ive watched games in both Norway and Germany. Stadium wide the passion there was immense.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Only in this country, in the last month ive watched games in both Norway and Germany. Stadium wide the passion there was immense.

Yes absolutely this country. 

Years of the money men desperate to have their slice of the fat, disgusting PL pie. 

Coupled with modern Brits being generally apathetic and halfhearted about most things you have what we now complain about. 

It's a general disease that has had it's effect across the country and it's bigger than a singing section or anything fans groups are trying to do. It's the fabric of the game now. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Walkerleeds, why assume I don’t support City vocally? I have previously stated that I always support them vocally, by physically, what do you mean. I attend home and away and resent the constant barbs directed at fans like me. All clubs have long term loyal fans, that’s not something to be ashamed of, it’s a fact of life. Do you want all fans attending matches to be under a certain age? Look more closely at fan bases on MOTD, all age groups are represented. Do you not realise that there is history attached to clubs? Do you sing Leicester till i Die or Leicester till I reach 40, then I must stop going.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, it was more of a generalised point about the apathy amongst the fan base in regard to the atmosphere, which your previous post summarised perfectly. 

In regard to your last sentence, it would be great if even half the people sang a rendition of that. The loudest song on Tuesday night was aimed at the ref. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I can't remember the last time I went to an away game and was impressed with the home atmosphere.

People can bring up places like Anfield as much as they want for being silent, but this season it's the exact same at each home ground we play at.

People go on about standing, and safe standing, too. How it would help the atmosphere. Yet go on Villa's forum and they've got a thread similar to this, critcising their own atmsophere, despite the fact they have an end that mainly stands.

For a domestic game, Millwall in the FA cup under Ranieri.

In Europe, Roma and Rennes were very good. Legia were so loud I could barely hear myself think, absolutely insane how good their support is.

Randers and Spartak were shit, so it's not always a case of European = good

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The modern game is just not the thing that people want it to be anymore. 

Newcastle fans couldn't even get themselves up for a CL game with Dortmund last night. 

The passion and realness of the game has been destroyed by billionaires. 

their singers were probably in A&E after being walloped about by some Borussians

29 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

For a domestic game, Millwall in the FA cup under Ranieri.

In Europe, Roma and Rennes were very good. Legia were so loud I could barely hear myself think, absolutely insane how good their support is.

Randers and Spartak were shit, so it's not always a case of European = good

I was talking domestically but yes Roma was really good, probably the last best home atmosphere I remember. Although they did things that people on here would deem to be embarrassing such as fans shouting out player surnames.

On 25/10/2023 at 12:41, Babylon said:

Well if they are tucked up in bed an hour before I even get out of Freemans common, I'd say that's a pretty good win. 

People are free to do what they want, if you want to be supporter of the year and see every second then knock yourself out. What others do doesn't matter. 

But but but what about the section of our fanbase that want to control what everyone else does, how does that make them feel? :ph34r:

• Like 2