Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Have you seen the amount of folks that go to efforts to pinch the ‘honesty flags’?

I find the concept itself a bit twee and cringey but the fact the club have done it and folks will try and shove them up their sleeves/in their jackets to steal them is scummy beyond belief.

We’ve a whole host of scroats in the stands, it seems.

Yeah that’s crazy, saw 2 lads in town with 3 of those flags on Tuesday. Some people are just idiots. Surely the club have cctv and can see who is taking them.

Guest Kopfkino

Wait why would people want to steal the flags anyway, what benefit do they derive from it? Like they’re only good in the context they’re in.

Don’t think even Cov have as many reprobates as we do. 

On 25/10/2023 at 15:22, Nolucklcfc said:

thought it was ok yesterday. Find it so embarrassing the amount of people that leave on 75/80. 

Problem is them people say we can do what we want and they are just as much supporters as the fans who will sing  but the fact that they are so dispersed and that there are so many who don’t sing leave early and generally don’t give a shit brings the whole stadium atmosphere down we do need to try and have one part of the stadium with the fans that want to sing to make it better cov are known to have one of the best home atmosphere’s in the championship with just one corner of quality fans 

• Like 1

We English have always been a predominantly reserved bunch. We've never been as passionate, noisy or raucous as football fans on the continent, and I doubt we ever will. That's not to say that the atmosphere at the KP couldn't be better. Of course it could. But I don't think the general "I'm a better fan than you" vibe in this thread is helping improve things.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

But but but what about the section of our fanbase that want to control what everyone else does, how does that make them feel? :ph34r:

Why do you even come into this thread at all? Clearly you have no intention of trying to help improve the atmosphere so what’s the point? 

If you’re someone who is sat in silence for 90 minutes or leaves in the 85th minute week in week out fair enough, do what you want but when called out on being one of those people why take offence? lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Why do you even come into this thread at all? Clearly you have no intention of trying to help improve the atmosphere so what’s the point? 

If you’re someone who is sat in silence for 90 minutes or leaves in the 85th minute week in week out fair enough, do what you want but when called out on being one of those people why take offence? lol

Fella, he's just messing. 

37 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We English have always been a predominantly reserved bunch. We've never been as passionate, noisy or raucous as football fans on the continent, and I doubt we ever will. That's not to say that the atmosphere at the KP couldn't be better. Of course it could. But I don't think the general "I'm a better fan than you" vibe in this thread is helping improve things.

Dunno about the ‘I’m a better fan’ vibe. I read it as people who have ideas and/or already are making a difference, trying to spread that message whilst also being open to other ideas.

Not saying you are doing this, but people need to stop being so precious on this thread. The whole ‘people can do what they want it’s nothing to do with you’ comments are odd. If you’re that sensitive about leaving early and not making noise, don’t leave early and make noise 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Munshi said:

gone from can't leave on 89 minutes to now not being allowed on a thread on the internet lol

Edited by guest123

Just now, Munshi said:

Not on about that post in particular, just the same set of people after every game.

And they in turn might say the same.

I've made my feelings known earlier in the thread (and I think you read it) - no point bickering amongst ourselves, it is the club that need winning over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The fact is at almost all grounds if a comfortable home win is expected the crowd is much quieter than the reverse. I have been to  O

1 minute ago, Foxaholic ME said:

The fact is at mostgrounds if t a comfortable home win is expected  the crowd is always much quieter than the reverse  Personally I have  been most surprised how quiet Old Trafford 

iiLverpool and Arsenal have been on my visits whereas Everton  Stoke Newcastle are very vocal  victory at the first 3 being surprises particularly Arsenal   which until  recently   was like  a monastrey  I think we last won there in the 70s   so result considered  a foregone conclusion

On 25/10/2023 at 10:52, ronnup said:

Yeah,  as if not being able to see the game is annoying. What a  clown 

I hasten to add that there was no way he couldn't see. It must've been a matter of seconds into the first time the flags went up after kick-off that he went off about it. He was stood up a row in front of me and I could see plenty. I'm not by any means a giant; I just think he wanted to complain. 

19 hours ago, burleighfox said:

I hasten to add that there was no way he couldn't see. It must've been a matter of seconds into the first time the flags went up after kick-off that he went off about it. He was stood up a row in front of me and I could see plenty. I'm not by any means a giant; I just think he wanted to complain. 

Bloody moaning about other fans eh....

• Haha 1

On 26/10/2023 at 17:27, Munshi said:

Try not to take life too seriously :wave:

• Like 2

I'm on a little European tour at the moment. Watched Viktoria Cologne entertain 1864 München today. Viktoria won 2-1 after München had two players sent off. This is the third tier of German football. München bought about 1500 fans. Bearing in mind Munich is about 350 miles from Cologne. They sang the entire game, even after they conceded goals and got red cards. Viktoria got the winner in injury time. Still the München fans sang. Just an extraordinary level of commitment and support. The home fans were rubbish, as was most of the football

Off to see Leverkusen tomorrow. Watched Vitesse Arnhem at home to Zwolle last night in the Dutch first division (Eredivisie). Arnhem fans were pretty good to be fair. 1-1 draw. Standard of team akin to lower reaches of the Championship at best.