Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Another set of fans QPR who sing nothing original any more, nothing interesting. Just rent-a-chants stuff. Actually think our song book is beginning to be far more diverse than most which I can’t believe 

You can split our songbook. The banter stuff with other fans is crap but towards our players and our club it is good in variety.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Also can the club can explain why two blocks - one each in the upper and lower were completely empty at kick-off? 

Like it was clearly apparent it was a block booking for some sort. 

I know QPR gave us 300 less than they could accommodate. Teams have been given over 3,000 there. So it could be that.

On 26/10/2023 at 09:40, Lako42 said:

The modern game is not the thing that people want it to be anymore. 

Newcastle fans couldn't even get themselves up for a CL game with Dortmund last night. 

The passion and realness of the game has been destroyed by billionaires. 

I wonder if the pure difficulty in getting tickets is a reason. Many fans with season tickets know if they don't renew, their chances of getting another one is possibly 3/4/5 years down the line. Or getting to games becomes harder etc.

So many who have fallen out of love with the game, but don't wish to give you their ticket, are still attending or selling to one off goers 

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I wonder if the pure difficulty in getting tickets is a reason. Many fans with season tickets know if they don't renew, their chances of getting another one is possibly 3/4/5 years down the line. Or getting to games becomes harder etc.

So many who have fallen out of love with the game, but don't wish to give you their ticket, are still attending or selling to one off goers 

Exactly this

Our ground is full of people who don't really get the buzz anymore but are petrified of giving their ST up. 

I would urge those people to find something they enjoy more to do with their time. 

58 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Why do you assume that so many ST holders have fallen out of love for football but are PETRIFIED to give up their ST in case they can’t get another one at some point in the future. Has it never occurred to you that they actually have a ST precisely because they love the club? I have had a ST for 37 years. That is not a boast but a fact and I continually object to being told by apparently far better supporters than me, that I should give it up! Why should I be dictated to by such patronising and arrogant people?

Why do you feel attacked or patronised? 

It was merely a point made that some people may feel they'd rather not give their ST up, with how long it would take to get one back, despite maybe falling out of love with what football has become. 

There was no suggestion of anyone being a better fan in that post? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enzo Maresca has certainly bought back the feel good factor to the KP his style of management outshines what we previously had and the fans are being enthusiastic about our great club again the noise this season each game is gets louder than the one before, It’s now a pleasure not a chore to travel to the KP on match days to see what we’re going to see next Enzo has taken our teams confidence to greater levels and may this continue to carry on for many seasons to come !

6 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Why do you assume that so many ST holders have fallen out of love for football but are PETRIFIED to give up their ST in case they can’t get another one at some point in the future. Has it never occurred to you that they actually have a ST precisely because they love the club? I have had a ST for 37 years. That is not a boast but a fact and I continually object to being told by apparently far better supporters than me, that I should give it up! Why should I be dictated to by such patronising and arrogant people?

Don’t take it personally and while everyone on here is speaking about how we need to sing more and people need to put in more of an effort we all just want a football club that we are proud to support which we are getting at the moment 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I'm a big fan of UFS and what they do, how about an "east stand give us a song" or "L1" from you chaps, get some banter going around the ground and get us all chanting together? 

I think it would get taken in the wrong context and the east stand for example think it was some form of baiting. You'd come on here after the game and just see 'elitist fans' etc.

7 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I'm a big fan of UFS and what they do, how about an "east stand give us a song" or "L1" from you chaps, get some banter going around the ground and get us all chanting together? 

This reminded me of the Filbert St days, East stand, start the wave :scarf:

There is a lot of stereotyping going on here on both sides.  

All sorts of people support and love the club in the way they see fit.

Instead of generalising and singling out groups in this thread and moaning about it.

Why don't we use this thread as a positive place to work out what can be done to improve and how different groups can do their bit? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

There is a lot of stereotyping going on here on both sides.  

All sorts of people support and love the club in the way they see fit.

Instead of generalising and singling out groups in this thread and moaning about it.

Why don't we use this thread as a positive place to work out what can be done to improve and how different groups can do their bit? 

Not on here but I felt like the fans forum UFS did earlier in the year was a bit of that and it certainly felt overall positive.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Could you imagine the frothing at the mouth in this thread from the usual suspects if that happened lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Could you imagine the frothing at the mouth in this thread from the usual suspects if that happened lol

Frothing at the mouth,

Can't breath under a painted sheet.

Onset of panic attack on not being able to see team warm up for 60 seconds.

All symptoms of Atmosphere Spongilitis😁

Edited by Vestan Pance

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Big fan of UFS decent bunch always felt welcome when using nephews ticket. Get behind them learn their songs and get the place rocking.👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1