Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 hours ago, smallpauldj said:

I sit there and couldn't agree more, I swear me and my Mrs are the only ones singing along to sk1s songs. Tonight did seem a little better tho tbf.

I looked across tonight and there's literally two people, probably you and her, doing anything more than mildly slapping their cardboard tw@sticks. How anyone moans about the section is beyond me. We'd be a soul-less graveyard without it because apart from a couple of C'mon Leicesters tonight there was nothing from anywhere except the corner. We're about two seasons away from being a Norwich or a QPR.

• Like 1

Good atmosphere imho. Sk1 could be heard from family stand. L1 could be heard from family stand. Leeds fans in good voice although a little quiet after they scored I felt. Probably down to nerves?

the only worrying thing for me was people leaving on 86/87. We were well in the game and couldve snatched an equaliser but for an outstanding save. I got up to leave as JJ punted that free kick out of play on 96 mins but come on 87 minutes? I know there’s road works but where else are you off on a Friday evening with a whole weekend ahead?

41 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Good atmosphere imho. Sk1 could be heard from family stand. L1 could be heard from family stand. Leeds fans in good voice although a little quiet after they scored I felt. Probably down to nerves?

the only worrying thing for me was people leaving on 86/87. We were well in the game and couldve snatched an equaliser but for an outstanding save. I got up to leave as JJ punted that free kick out of play on 96 mins but come on 87 minutes? I know there’s road works but where else are you off on a Friday evening with a whole weekend ahead?

Whisper it, but the atmosphere in the family stand has been alright all season too - It's never going to be properly raucous, but it's vastly better than the West stand. 

The leaving early sometimes annoys me (partly because of where I sit) but I do get it when people have younger kids. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?

6 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Men versus Boys 

For all the promise of the designated singing section it was all  rather dreary, weak and unimaginative 

It would be like the Madejski without the section. So depressing to look over the lifeless kop and East stand sitting on their hands when it feels like it's getting going a bit. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Whisper it, but the atmosphere in the family stand has been alright all season too - It's never going to be properly raucous, but it's vastly better than the West stand. 

The leaving early sometimes annoys me (partly because of where I sit) but I do get it when people have younger kids. 

Fully agree re family stand atmos. Most in there join in with the songs they can hear from L1/SK1 (and it can be heard!) and often start their own. Never hear the west stand pipe up

9 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Fully agree re family stand atmos. Most in there join in with the songs they can hear from L1/SK1 (and it can be heard!) and often start their own. Never hear the west stand pipe up

I’ll agree with that and when we start a chant in P or start of P1 does feel like we are having lots of others in the stand joining in much better than the kop 

Thought for big sections, a good amount of noise was produced. As many have said, stadium projects the noise forwards rather than to the stand so we'll always seem quieter.

Hear the start of new chants from the UFS lot  and it doesn't catch on and it reverts to the usual ones is a bit sad.

Club do mostly get these remembrance fixtures right. Think they wanted a minute's silence after the last post was played given the players stayed in line for another minute or so.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Thought for big sections, a good amount of noise was produced. As many have said, stadium projects the noise forwards rather than to the stand so we'll always seem quieter.

Hear the start of new chants from the UFS lot  and it doesn't catch on and it reverts to the usual ones is a bit sad.

Club do mostly get these remembrance fixtures right. Think they wanted a minute's silence after the last post was played given the players stayed in line for another minute or so.

Any thoughts on how we sort this?

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Any thoughts on how we sort this?

Honestly not sure, hoping the continued usage of them should have them spread out more around..

I saw you guys tweet out you were updating your song book online which will help a few.  

I generally pick up a lot from hearing them on random clips online - I saw the Ricardo one getting aired against QPR which I'd not heard in the ground before.

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Back in the day when the RAF chopper brought the match ball the MC used to say this, after last post a minutes silence, it’s never going to happen with 31k fans in a ground, (it never did then either)  the last post has already been on for over a minute with the majority quiet, it’s not at the cenotaph or a village memorial.

I think that’s the best you’ll get from a football ground. 

Still folk leaving before final whistle, bizarre lot.