Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 hours ago, SystonFox said:

the only worrying thing for me was people leaving on 86/87. We were well in the game and couldve snatched an equaliser but for an outstanding save. I got up to leave as JJ punted that free kick out of play on 96 mins but come on 87 minutes? I know there’s road works but where else are you off on a Friday evening with a whole weekend ahead?

Thr railway station actually from which my last train home was due to depart at 22.10 - miss that and I would have to wait until

04.30 'is for the next one.

And judging from the number of people leaving in the ground and heading in the same direction, I was very far from being the only one.

I really don't  like having to miss the last few minutes of any match but blame Sky for the later kick-off time or blame railway scheduling - I really don't feel that I am being given any choice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

Leeds fans were average for Leeds, not much fight in the stadium to push the team on from us. 

Overrated anyway. They go mental at home and people think they’re brilliant.

They sang absolutely nothing after about 20 mins until they scored yesterday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

That’s by Leeds‘ standards though. If that was our away end yesterday, we’d be raving about it. 

And if that was us yesterday the same people would be saying how shit it was.

Still haven’t been impressed with an away following yet in terms of vocal support and just shows how bad it is generally and not just us. 

Numbers of course the likes of Leeds and Sunderland were always gonna be the best this season.

Edited by Fox92

10 hours ago, MS0204 said:

From kick off I thought the section sounded pretty decent, ufs lads were in fine voice and from where I was 7 rows behind them everyone was making an effort. After their goal it seemed to fade ever so slightly but still pretty decent to be fair.. 

fair play to near the drum there’s a curly haired lad who has his back to the game most of the time trying to drum up support from the crowd.. :appl:

Also air more of the songs pleeaaaasseeeee.. 

Under the lights

Were on the way

or any players.. winks is getting there and people are cottoning on..

Other then that not bad.. 

Shame he got the finger back at him.

Not the type to let that or the club ban for it deter him though.

• Like 1

I think the atmosphere isn’t necessarily a Leicester problem, I think its a English Football culture issue.

You can’t compare football in Germany and the atmosphere here. It’s in their culture to support in different ways.

There are so many more grounds than not where the atmosphere is bobbins.  

Our atmosphere is only going to get worst. Clappers mean kids will just grow up thinking atmosphere is just bashing a piece of cardboard. The only time the rest of the stadium chants anything is at the ref. I don’t know how it can get better. Fair play to UFS doing everything they can.

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I think the atmosphere isn’t necessarily a Leicester problem, I think its a English Football culture issue.

You can’t compare football in Germany and the atmosphere here. It’s in their culture to support in different ways.

There are so many more grounds than not where the atmosphere is bobbins.  

We have many in high positions across the country scared to bring back standing areas, allowing flares, or encouraging atmosphere etc in fear of backlash or of an incident occuring. 

3 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Went to Leverkusen v Freiburg last Sunday at the Bay Arena, which is a beautiful stadium holding just over 30,000. Awesome support from both sets of fans through the whole game. Whilst away fans have their own section, many were in the home areas, and could celebrate their goal without any alarm. You can drink at your seat, even have a smoke on the concourse (not my thing but I don't object to those who want to). Similar vibe watching Bayern vs Bremen this time last year. 

I'm sure Germany has its hooligans, but from what I have observed they have better atmospheres, but without the pathetic tribal aggression endemic to football in our country. The drummers in front of the loudest area of Leverkusen fans are superb, and I love a bit of crowd orchestration from a supporter with a megaphone. English fans seem happier shouting 'wxxnker, wxxnker' at opposition fans about 80 metres away. 

Tribalism and hooliganism in Germany are far more severe than in this country. Yes, you might get a certain section of the ground where fans can feel safe to mix freely, but I'd say in general - having experienced being an away fan in Germany a few times now - that English towns and cities are much safer and more welcoming places to be than German ones.

As you correctly point out though, organisation is the key to a good atmosphere these days and that is something we've spectacularly failed to latch on to in this country for generations.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

Atmosphere was the usual for a home game but what concerned me more was the general abuse of our players, calling them cvnts, twats etc which was totally over the top.

Please tell me you are joking right??

Can I just say;

SK1/section always sold out first.

Why not just ask the club to expand it?

Or make another in SK2 so at least that half of the kop has a large number of fans that are singing. Possibly those in the middle of the SK1 section and SK2 section would also stand up and kind of unofficially join them together.

4 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Can I just say;

SK1/section always sold out first.

Why not just ask the club to expand it?

Or make another in SK2 so at least that half of the kop has a large number of fans that are singing. Possibly those in the middle of the SK1 section and SK2 section would also stand up and kind of unofficially join them together.

Over half of those already in SK1 don't actually offer much vocally

50 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Tribalism and hooliganism in Germany are far more severe than in this country. Yes, you might get a certain section of the ground where fans can feel safe to mix freely, but I'd say in general - having experienced being an away fan in Germany a few times now - that English towns and cities are much safer and more welcoming places to be than German ones.

As you correctly point out though, organisation is the key to a good atmosphere these days and that is something we've spectacularly failed to latch on to in this country for generations.

Interesting to get your (differing) perspective. Perhaps I’ve just been fortunate. I’ve watched Bayern, Viktoria Köln and Leverkusen in the last year, but I may just have been lucky thus far

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

No, I am in the Kop and every misplaced pass or losing of the ball was greeted with that sort of response.

There were definitely moments in the game where it was perfectly reasonable to show frustration with the team in the context of that particular game but being abusive to them is completely ****ing idiotic. 

Massive sections of our supporter base are entitled bellends