Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Do people think if we stripped back songs to the older songs of the past it would gain more of an airing? Crazy but it’s true is an absolute banger of a Leicester chant but I’m surprised at why so many fans young and old don’t sing along to it.. (I may have answered my own question) :blink: is it because it ain’t liked? People don’t know the words or the most common thing of this topic because people just simply don’t want too? Just curious 

Edited by MS0204
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

Do people think if we stripped back songs to the older songs of the past it would gain more of an airing? Crazy but it’s true is an absolute banger of a Leicester chant but I’m surprised at why so many fans young and old don’t sing along to it.. (I may have answered my own question) :blink: is it because it ain’t liked? People don’t know the words or the most common thing of this topic because people just simply don’t want too? Just curious 

Still gets sung every game in SK1. The songs aren't the issue, people don't join in with the song for Vichai or just shouting "LEICESTER" over and over.

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Still gets sung every game in SK1. The songs aren't the issue, people don't join in with the song for Vichai or just shouting "LEICESTER" over and over.

Im in the section but surprised that only a few manage to sing it.. 

On 14/11/2023 at 17:14, MS0204 said:

I was thinking exactly the same that the songs are more complex, less spontaneous and actually hard to remember.

Even when we’re in the ground you can’t tell what is being sung.

It certainly doesn’t help that the crowd is getting older as nobody relinquishes their life long seats which leaves very little room to allow new/younger fans in.

Tbh I think most big clubs have similar issues and it’s not just LCFC

12 hours ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

I was thinking exactly the same that the songs are more complex, less spontaneous and actually hard to remember.

Even when we’re in the ground you can’t tell what is being sung.

It certainly doesn’t help that the crowd is getting older as nobody relinquishes their life long seats which leaves very little room to allow new/younger fans in.

Tbh I think most big clubs have similar issues and it’s not just LCFC

What songs that you can remember would you have people sing?

39 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley

Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury? 

Shanks says No, I don't think so

But I've heard of the Leicester, Boot Boys

Verses 2 and 3 are compulsory

We walk with a waddle and we talk with a grin
If there's any aggro we all jump in
Everyone knows that we are the boys
We are the Leicester boot boys

With an A and a G and an R and an O
Off to Leicester we will go
With a bottle and brick and a walking stick
We are the Leicester boot boys

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Which gets sung in SK1 most games.

We have 10%, maybe 20% on a good day who'll actually consistently sing - it's not the songs. It's like blaming Junior Lewis' boots.

• Like 3

On 14/11/2023 at 17:14, MS0204 said:

Do people think if we stripped back songs to the older songs of the past it would gain more of an airing? 

I should have been a bit more clearer in what I meant by this. I didn’t mean bring back the old chants of former club and players.. what I meant was if for example  a player chant, instead of using the most modern chart songs, maybe using a song they people know. 

some of the older generation will know dusty Springfield crazy but it’s true but might not be familiar with kylie minogue padam padam lol (first song that came into my head) 

Im probably clutching at straws and need to realise there is more chance of me landing on the moon than finding out the answer as to why people just don’t want to join in.. but would  rather read suggestions/ideas than finger point.. 

On 17/11/2023 at 09:41, Spudulike said:

Yea that'll get the whole stand going

It's done, dead, not happening lads. 

I try as hard as possible at the back of sk1 but I'll be honest I'm just tired of being in the minority 

Guest Sideshow Faes

I think people don't sing because modern football is so boring. 

Back in the day it was more blood and thunder. Direct balls, physical duels, huge fouls, cracking tackles, and lung busting runs forwards. The whole atmosphere was one of "get into 'em" which would have the crowd more involved to start with.

Football now is watching the ball be slowly passed around while both teams stay in highly regimented tactical blocks. In the prem even the moment of greatest fan release - the goal - has been wrecked by VAR.

It's really hard to want to sing and be exciteable when what you're watching is so controlled and anti-excitement.

Edited by Sideshow Faes

4 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Back in the day it was more blood and thunder. Direct balls, physical duels, huge fouls, cracking tackles, and lung busting runs forwards. The whole atmosphere was one of "get into 'em" which would have the crowd more involved to start with.

Football now is watching the ball be slowly passed around while both teams stay in highly regimented tactical blocks. In the prem even the moment of greatest fan release - the goal - has been wrecked by VAR.

It's really hard to want to sing and be exciteable when what you're watching is so controlled and anti-excitement.

Some truth in this as well tbh. 

A boring game that has now had the impulse ripped out of it with VAR. 

It's a squeaky clean, sanitised product masquerading as a sport. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

But why does it still happen abroad then? I don’t doubt your point but I see games abroad with similar patterns of play yet the fans are loud 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Some truth in this as well tbh. 

A boring game that has now had the impulse ripped out of it with VAR. 

It's a squeaky clean, sanitised product masquerading as a sport. 

We’re in a league without var and it’s still flat.. 

some of the comments that follow that passage are laughable. Becky has hit her article spot on but replies are there are too many expletives in which make it bad for children. I went through the songs in my head and apart from the embarrassing Harry Souttar one and vardy which contains shit, I don’t think the others are that offensive. 
we hate forest, we hate Derby just thought of while typing 

6 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

In the prem even the moment of greatest fan release - the goal - has been wrecked by VAR.

It really hasn't. People keep saying this but it just isn't true. In fact I'd argue it brings more celebrating for both sets of supporters. 

I've never known any set of supporters not celebrate when the ball hits the net. Yes you sometimes have a doubt just after if it looked marginal for offside but then you get to celebrate again when it gets checked and given. If it's ruled out then the other set of fans cheer. 

When we scored two late goals against Spurs the other week the whole of Molineux went mental for both of them. The winner was checked for offside then everyone celebrated again. 

• Like 4

Guest Sideshow Faes
41 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It really hasn't. People keep saying this but it just isn't true. In fact I'd argue it brings more celebrating for both sets of supporters. 

I've never known any set of supporters not celebrate when the ball hits the net. Yes you sometimes have a doubt just after if it looked marginal for offside but then you get to celebrate again when it gets checked and given. If it's ruled out then the other set of fans cheer. 

When we scored two late goals against Spurs the other week the whole of Molineux went mental for both of them. The winner was checked for offside then everyone celebrated again. 

To each their own on that point but tbh it was a minor aside to the rest of what I was saying.

8 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

I agree but there are still signs of are club having a good atmosphere i don’t think it’s pointed out enough but IF we were winning are atmosphere was absolutely brilliant I do get why a lot of fans choose not to sing but it would be much more enjoyable at the football if they did 

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

British people are very reserved and boring

That's my point - it's societal. This is the fruits of the great early 1990s push.  

Btw I certainly don't think applies to Scottish football grounds at the moment or possibly even lower leagues. It's an English behaviour trait for me. 

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

I agree but there are still signs of are club having a good atmosphere i don’t think it’s pointed out enough but IF we were winning are atmosphere was absolutely brilliant I do get why a lot of fans choose not to sing but it would be much more enjoyable at the football if they did 

We are winning