Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest Sideshow Faes
Just now, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Yh but last season a win was much more exciting than now when a win is almost guaranteed i ain’t justifying it are fans should be singing but I do get it 

Fans haven't sung the way people imagine they gave at any time since at least 1993, apart from when we won the prem. Before 1993 I wasn't there but it's always been quiet tbh 

Do you know what.... In order to improve our atmosphere I believe we need to use the European model, and especially the German one.

Get a mini platform at the front of SK1, where a couple of guys stand with megaphones to direct the crowd. Before I get slaughtered for this, this actually works in Europe.

I've been watching The Bundesliga for the last 7/8 years and every single home crowd with this approach outsings the away one, and the overall atmosphere is banging.

The atmosphere at virtually all Premier League/Championship games these days is sterile, and if it is to improve long term we need a radically different solution like this. 

Thoughts folks ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Do you know what.... In order to improve our atmosphere I believe we need to use the European model, and especially the German one.

Get a mini platform at the front of SK1, where a couple of guys stand with megaphones to direct the crowd. Before I get slaughtered for this, this actually works in Europe.

I've been watching The Bundesliga for the last 7/8 years and every single home crowd with this approach outsings the away one, and the overall atmosphere is banging.

The atmosphere at virtually all Premier League/Championship games these days is sterile, and if it is to improve long term we need a radically different solution like this. 

Thoughts folks ? 

The old folk (half of the Kop) would pelt them with their half time tangerines.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, coolcol said:

Thoughts folks ? 

They do this at some scottish clubs as well, transformed the atmosphere.  But we're english we're just a different breed, its never taken off here and I don't think it ever will.

12 hours ago, coolcol said:

Thoughts folks ? 

Would it work here? Palace Fleetwood and Middlesborough all make use of them so maybe. 

Big question for me would be would our fanbase react positively to it? Would it actually make more sing or would it just further increase the thoughts of 'them bloody wannabe ultras'.

Our mates from Bochum maybe predictably say to go for it and use the example of way back in the 90's the fans there didn't like a megaphone but over time its like it or lump it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Would it work here? Palace Fleetwood and Middlesborough all make use of them so maybe. 

Big question for me would be would our fanbase react positively to it? Would it actually make more sing or would it just further increase the thoughts of 'them bloody wannabe ultras'.

Our mates from Bochum maybe predictably say to go for it and use the example of way back in the 90's the fans there didn't like a megaphone but over time its like it or lump it.

The problem always come back to the same thing.  In germany it was easier because fans are given their own end, if you dont like it you can go elsewhere.  We're all mixed up so theres bound to be some who wouldnt like it.  Until that changes and we have one end for like minded fans these debates will just go round and round.

On 20/11/2023 at 14:24, CosbehFox said:

But why does it still happen abroad then? I don’t doubt your point but I see games abroad with similar patterns of play yet the fans are loud 

...and it tends to be lesser crowds making bigger noise!!!

The culture is different, I watch the Jupiler League at times and the crowd are making their own entertainments whilst the game is in play. You have people leading the chants, megaphones are in use and the use of smoke grenades are all too visible. Fans bouncing up and down, even when they are losing, just watching this type of atmosphere makes you want to be there.

I personally think we should watch in complete silence.

It shows understanding and RESPECT.

I'd potentially allow some humming but only if it was done sincerely and without innuendo.

Talking / Coughing / Sneezing / Hiccups should all be done on the concourse.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, coolcol said:

Thoughts folks ? 

100% agree. Watched Leverkusen live a few weeks ago. Ok they are flying at the top of the Bundesliga but the atmosphere generated by their fans and the visiting fans from Freiburg was outstanding for the whole 90 minutes. Never stopped. Three drummers at the front of the main singing area

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Honestly I think it would be really good idea, I really enjoy what UFS are doing. People who moan about the atmosphere and want change but then moan about UFS trying to improve it should either move or just stop going or keep their opinions to themselves. The pure negative views from our fans makes me want to stop going only reason I don't is cause I'm next to you guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Worth saying that we have loosely tried what's being suggested by coolcol albeit without a megaphone but with a guy coaxing and cajoling others behind him in the stand into joining in and being a focal point for chants. He stood on his seat and for his troubles was smacked with a six game ban from the club for it.

...he should have expected some type of pushback for that, we all know that standing on seats is not allowed!!!

Just because he states that he is trying to enhance the atmosphere, he is still flouting the rules. Unless a group speaks to the club and suggests what they would like to do and then gain permission, then he has no right not to expect his actions to be frowned upon.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he should have expected some type of pushback for that, we all know that standing on seats is not allowed!!!

Just because he states that he is trying to enhance the atmosphere, he is still flouting the rules. Unless a group speaks to the club and suggests what they would like to do and then gain permission, then he has no right not to expect his actions to be frowned upon.

"some type of pushback" 

""six game ban"

13 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

"some type of pushback" 

""six game ban"

...it may sound harsh, but the information that was given was that he stood on a chair, and whatever else took place when confronted, I do not know!!!

Unless we are privy to what actually happened in this instance, it is hard to say whether this punishment was or was not justified.