Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Until that changes and we have one end for like minded fans these debates will just go round and round.

Well I guess we do in the form of the section. But I agree it needs to be larger and have more participants to stop people complaining.

Also feel the club wouldn’t co-operate with the megaphone idea. Infact theyd do the exact opposite of co-operate.

13 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Mad that an immediate six-game ban is clearly supported by our fans on here. Not, you know, a conversation first to tell him they don't like it...

Haha innit. Especially with no context as to how the club and individual in question acted on the day and subsequently. 

The FSA and the independent ombudsman have noted LCFC's card in respect to their liberal dishing out of these kind of bans.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Well I guess we do in the form of the section. But I agree it needs to be larger and have more participants to stop people complaining.

Also feel the club wouldn’t co-operate with the megaphone idea. Infact theyd do the exact opposite of co-operate.

I've probably mentioned it before but Susan Wheelan was all for the idea a few years back lol:cool:

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Would it work here? Palace Fleetwood and Middlesborough all make use of them so maybe. 

Big question for me would be would our fanbase react positively to it? Would it actually make more sing or would it just further increase the thoughts of 'them bloody wannabe ultras'.

Our mates from Bochum maybe predictably say to go for it and use the example of way back in the 90's the fans there didn't like a megaphone but over time its like it or lump it.

Wouldn't even say the fanbase reaction is the biggest hurdle. 

People will complain, the club will think it's "family" tag is at risk and hit someone with another ban.

We've seen that majority of the ground rate the Tifo efforts from the group, but we've still seen things pop up of them blocking "the most important view" of the players walking out and the club appear to listen to it. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he should have expected some type of pushback for that, we all know that standing on seats is not allowed!!!

Just because he states that he is trying to enhance the atmosphere, he is still flouting the rules. Unless a group speaks to the club and suggests what they would like to do and then gain permission, then he has no right not to expect his actions to be frowned upon.

Wonder if the chap doing the same at QPR away got the same ban in the post. Clubs socials teams liked it so much they posted lots of photos of it there.

• Like 2

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Wonder if the chap doing the same at QPR away got the same ban in the post. Clubs socials teams liked it so much they posted lots of photos of it there.

...when it comes down to it, it is QPR, I have no idea what their protocols are!!!

If you know something is wrong and yet choose to do it, you will only have yourself to blame. The idea itself is not outlandish and no doubt could work with the collaboration of the club, I am not decrying the idea, it was just a poor choice made by a group or individual.

11 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

They do this at some scottish clubs as well, transformed the atmosphere.  But we're english we're just a different breed, its never taken off here and I don't think it ever will.

I know what you're saying, but the only club in England that has actually genuinely adopted this approach has the best home atmosphere in the premier League.... Crystal Palace. 

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

FM that gets the heart racing. 

I walked out on the edge of the pitch and when I looked back there were numerous grown men in tears. 

What a night that was. 

One of the best home games I've attended in 35 years of watching the Foxes. 

• Like 1

Only thing that really confuses me is how are atmosphere in a few years has gone from amazing to shocking and why is that is it because something has Happened to the good fans for eg Lee jobber 

is it that there are too many of the happy clapper fans 

stadium configuration 

or a change in attitude from thousands towards chanting 

13 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Only thing that really confuses me is how are atmosphere in a few years has gone from amazing to shocking and why is that is it because something has Happened to the good fans for eg Lee jobber 

is it that there are too many of the happy clapper fans 

stadium configuration 

or a change in attitude from thousands towards chanting 

Is he still at games?

22 hours ago, coolcol said:

Do you know what.... In order to improve our atmosphere I believe we need to use the European model, and especially the German one.

Get a mini platform at the front of SK1, where a couple of guys stand with megaphones to direct the crowd. Before I get slaughtered for this, this actually works in Europe.

I've been watching The Bundesliga for the last 7/8 years and every single home crowd with this approach outsings the away one, and the overall atmosphere is banging.

The atmosphere at virtually all Premier League/Championship games these days is sterile, and if it is to improve long term we need a radically different solution like this. 

Thoughts folks ? 

I’ve had this suggested to me by a member on here linked to ufs and I think it’s a great idea. The atmosphere needs a major revamp and this is the next step.. whether or not it will be accepted is another story? 

More like minded fans must join the section as the front try so hard and fair play to them, but the middle is where is stops and I was in ear shot of some guys moaning that they were waving flags and they couldn’t see a Leeds attack.. this is the downfall, flags ain’t being waved for 90 mins but at times we need more vocal, scarves waving and flags going, people bouncing on your feet! What’s wrong with making it a spectacle? 

Some people won’t like it, others might not but will get used to it but times move on…. 

1 minute ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

The odds of people doing this is so unlikely but might as well say it anyway if we could get a mass group of fans at the end of this season the ones who will chant to move to the kop for example then that would be a great but it is very unlikely 

I can’t think of anything worse than sitting in the east and west in silence, can’t believe so many enjoy that.. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I’ve had this suggested to me by a member on here linked to ufs and I think it’s a great idea. The atmosphere needs a major revamp and this is the next step.. whether or not it will be accepted is another story? 

More like minded fans must join the section as the front try so hard and fair play to them, but the middle is where is stops and I was in ear shot of some guys moaning that they were waving flags and they couldn’t see a Leeds attack.. this is the downfall, flags ain’t being waved for 90 mins but at times we need more vocal, scarves waving and flags going, people bouncing on your feet! What’s wrong with making it a spectacle? 

Some people won’t like it, others might not but will get used to it but times move on…. 

Is the whole singing section not lively? Tbh I’ve always assumed it is and when I look over it appears to be. Are you saying the middle backwards don’t sing?

26 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Is the whole singing section not lively? Tbh I’ve always assumed it is and when I look over it appears to be. Are you saying the middle backwards don’t sing?

The boys near the front are more lively. Jumping around even when we're under the cosh. Proper.

Further back there are those who still like to sing, and will join in, but maybe not sing with full gusto all the time, which is fair enough.

But there's 100% demand to expand. There may not be many more like the UFS boys that will be bouncing all game, but a load more would be like the people elsewhere in the section, who are still singing for the majority of the game. 

On a different point, would the platform require a physical restructure or how would it work? Just a megaphone by the drummer?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Sadly it isn’t. So many comments on here saying that from the family section you could only see a few scarves waving, a few flags etc. it would be a whole different story if the whole section joined in (especially as they’ve lengthened the chants so it’s not just one and then another).. I don’t believe that the front can’t be heard from the back.. 

I ain’t sure the answer as to why it’s so quiet up top but does baffle me as to why some people are against any noise or atmosphere, yet still persist to go in the ‘singing section’.. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Is the whole singing section not lively? 

No, i'm at the back and fight a losing battle most games. 

It's full of people who want to be near the atmosphere but don't want to help create it. 

beyond the lads at the front probably 20% offer much. 

Sad but true

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

No, i'm at the back and fight a losing battle most games. 

It's full of people who want to be near the atmosphere but don't want to help create it. 

beyond the lads at the front probably 20% offer much. 

Sad but true

Don't forget those who couldn't bear to give up THEIR SEAT when the section was moved there, even though they've got zero interest in generating any atmosphere

• Like 1