Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, niyaminski said:

Seems like @SemperEadem is on a mission to get people to relocate 😂

A question on this - say someone in C1/A1 wanted to move to the kop, could they? (Seats a lot cheaper in C1/A1)

People wanting to contribute relocating to where the atmosphere is, is the only way things improve tbf. 

And yeah anyone can relocate anywhere for the cheap cheap price of a £5 admin fee I believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

No, i'm at the back and fight a losing battle most games. 

It's full of people who want to be near the atmosphere but don't want to help create it. 

beyond the lads at the front probably 20% offer much. 

Sad but true

...we clamoured for a singing section and the people within that section did not want to sing!!!

The atmosphere is up for it at the start, 5 minutes into our games and we all know what to expect, the wind is taken from the crowd's sail because of what they are witnessing on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

You've seen the "Fight and win" video? I don't want us to turn into that.

Everyone's seen that video, but for every video like that there 1000 showing it done effectively. 

But like I say, would it affect you directly if we did decide to start doing it? 

Edit, you got the customary like from @LeicesterFoxChampion for a post vaguely critical of UFS lol

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Well then it boils down to effort. We've all seem good games, we've all seen bad ones. We have all watched gun ho football and all seen a possession based model. If the football doesn't naturally lead itself to a full gun atmosphere then you have to look within to want to have that atmosphere.

...totally true, we are going to have to ignore what we are seeing on the pitch and generate the atmosphere anyway!!!

Much like on the continent, the noise coming from the crowd has little to do with what is going on on the pitch. It appears they turn up to have a good time, whether the game is good or bad, we do not have that mentality.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he should have expected some type of pushback for that, we all know that standing on seats is not allowed!!!

Just because he states that he is trying to enhance the atmosphere, he is still flouting the rules. Unless a group speaks to the club and suggests what they would like to do and then gain permission, then he has no right not to expect his actions to be frowned upon.

As a wee-un I used to stand on the seat at every corner so I could see. Are you going to suggest a six game ban would have made sense for a 10yr old wanting to watch the game? Or are we going for double standards because you'd like people who don't support the way you'd like to be banned?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

As a wee-un I used to stand on the seat at every corner so I could see. Are you going to suggest a six game ban would have made sense for a 10yr old wanting to watch the game? Or are we going for double standards because you'd like people who don't support the way you'd like to be banned?

...I have said it before, I have no idea what transpired in the moment when the banned supporter was confronted!!!

For incidents on a pitch where a player commits a foul but you do not believe it warrants a yellow card, the card is issued by the referee but it is not due to the foul previously committed but due to something that was said by the player, which we cannot hear or perceive.

In respect of a 10-year-old standing on a chair to watch a corner and that 10-year-old was with me, I would not allow it, if there is an obstacle in seeing a certain part of the pitch, next time get seats where your view will not be restricted.

There is no right to abuse the facilities at grounds, you may see it as not an issue but would you allow any friend or relative to come to your home and allow their 10-year-old to stand on a coffee table, just because they are struggling to get a better view of the tv?

• Haha 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have said it before, I have no idea what transpired in the moment when the banned supporter was confronted!!!

For incidents on a pitch where a player commits a foul but you do not believe it warrants a yellow card, the card is issued by the referee but it is not due to the foul previously committed but due to something that was said by the player, which we cannot hear or perceive.

In respect of a 10-year-old standing on a chair to watch a corner and that 10-year-old was with me, I would not allow it, if there is an obstacle in seeing a certain part of the pitch, next time get seats where your view will not be restricted.

There is no right to abuse the facilities at grounds, you may see it as not an issue but would you allow any friend or relative to come to your home and allow their 10-year-old to stand on a coffee table, just because they are struggling to get a better view of the tv?

Exactly, yet you were happy to say it was justified. 

..........!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

No short people/kids except on the front row is certainly a take, and way to miss the point. People around the ground will stand on their seat for moments throughout the game, that's completely normal behaviour. The difference between them and the UFS lad getting the six game ban is, at best, the same difference as standing during a promising attack and "persistent standing", and anyone with half a sense as to what football is like nowadays wouldn't jump straight to a six game ban for persistent standing rather than just having a quite word, don't do it again etc.

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Exactly, yet you were happy to say it was justified. 

..........!!!!!!!!!!

...do you mean this comment!!!

...he should have expected some type of pushback for that, we all know that standing on seats is not allowed!!!

Just because he states that he is trying to enhance the atmosphere, he is still flouting the rules. Unless a group speaks to the club and suggests what they would like to do and then gain permission, then he has no right not to expect his actions to be frowned upon.

That was not an endorsement of the length of the ban, but an acknowledgement that there would be consequences for his action.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...do you mean this comment!!!

That was not an endorsement of the length of the ban, but an acknowledgement that there would be consequences for his action.

Like you say, you don't have any knowledge of the incident, what happend on the day or afterwards. Yet you're happy to tell people what their apparent actions (that you know nothing about) should result in.

Hopefully that clarifies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

No short people/kids except on the front row is certainly a take, and way to miss the point. People around the ground will stand on their seat for moments throughout the game, that's completely normal behaviour. The difference between them and the UFS lad getting the six game ban is, at best, the same difference as standing during a promising attack and "persistent standing", and anyone with half a sense as to what football is like nowadays wouldn't jump straight to a six game ban for persistent standing rather than just having a quite word, don't do it again etc.

...I have never seen that done, never!!!

I have mostly sat in the West Stand B  block, and I have never witnessed a supporter standing on a seat to watch a period of play. I have no idea where you sit but this is something that I have never witnessed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I have mostly sat in the West Stand B  block, and I have never witnessed a supporter standing on a seat to watch a period of play. I have no idea where you sit but this is something that I have never witnessed.

no one over the age of 7 anyway

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think that’s part of the reason why you have never seen any highly excitable supporter moments.. sat there for Roma semi final and thought I was in a church 

• Haha 4

On 22/11/2023 at 21:58, coolcol said:

Do you know what.... In order to improve our atmosphere I believe we need to use the European model, and especially the German one.

Get a mini platform at the front of SK1, where a couple of guys stand with megaphones to direct the crowd. Before I get slaughtered for this, this actually works in Europe.

I've been watching The Bundesliga for the last 7/8 years and every single home crowd with this approach outsings the away one, and the overall atmosphere is banging.

The atmosphere at virtually all Premier League/Championship games these days is sterile, and if it is to improve long term we need a radically different solution like this. 

Thoughts folks ? 

No, not ever

• Like 1