Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

On 23/11/2023 at 21:05, MS0204 said:

I’ve had this suggested to me by a member on here linked to ufs and I think it’s a great idea. The atmosphere needs a major revamp and this is the next step.. whether or not it will be accepted is another story? 

More like minded fans must join the section as the front try so hard and fair play to them, but the middle is where is stops and I was in ear shot of some guys moaning that they were waving flags and they couldn’t see a Leeds attack.. this is the downfall, flags ain’t being waved for 90 mins but at times we need more vocal, scarves waving and flags going, people bouncing on your feet! What’s wrong with making it a spectacle? 

Some people won’t like it, others might not but will get used to it but times move on…. 

if i'd have paid my money and some idiot starts waving a flag halfway through the half like some demented chicken in front of me it will be going over the wall. 

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2023 at 21:20, MS0204 said:

I can’t think of anything worse than sitting in the east and west in silence, can’t believe so many enjoy that.. 

you can't compare the east and west stands at all, west stand has always been the flask and blanket brigade but 2 blocks next to the away fans in the east stand is decent

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have said it before, I have no idea what transpired in the moment when the banned supporter was confronted!!!

For incidents on a pitch where a player commits a foul but you do not believe it warrants a yellow card, the card is issued by the referee but it is not due to the foul previously committed but due to something that was said by the player, which we cannot hear or perceive.

In respect of a 10-year-old standing on a chair to watch a corner and that 10-year-old was with me, I would not allow it, if there is an obstacle in seeing a certain part of the pitch, next time get seats where your view will not be restricted.

There is no right to abuse the facilities at grounds, you may see it as not an issue but would you allow any friend or relative to come to your home and allow their 10-year-old to stand on a coffee table, just because they are struggling to get a better view of the tv?

are you having a laugh? I put my nephew on his seat so he can see, he's 8, why shouldn't he be able to see when everyone stands up? doubt the club will begrudge that

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, guest123 said:

if i'd have paid my money and some idiot starts waving a flag halfway through the half like some demented chicken in front of me it will be going over the wall. 

So basically you have quoted myself and many others of your disgust of the stadium atmosphere, seems funny that you will take your time to read the atmosphere topic then but each to their own.. 

I assume you don’t sit near the section judging all the negatives you throw towards it so I don’t fully understand why your so against any new ideas that people suggest. It will not directly affect you or your match day experience if flags are waving or any sort of platform is used (if it happens).. 

Course I can compare the east and the west, minus one block next to the away fans they all just sit there with the clappers so don’t pretend the east makes it a fortress. Glad you like the atmosphere in the east anyways, Willy puller signs and baiting the away fans must make it an amazing day.. maybe I need to relocate, them tifos and flags waving for a couple of minutes do my head in.. 

1 minute ago, MS0204 said:

So basically you have quoted myself and many others of your disgust of the stadium atmosphere, seems funny that you will take your time to read the atmosphere topic then but each to their own.. 

I assume you don’t sit near the section judging all the negatives you throw towards it so I don’t fully understand why your so against any new ideas that people suggest. It will not directly affect you or your match day experience if flags are waving or any sort of platform is used (if it happens).. 

Course I can compare the east and the west, minus one block next to the away fans they all just sit there with the clappers so don’t pretend the east makes it a fortress. Glad you like the atmosphere in the east anyways, Willy puller signs and baiting the away fans must make it an amazing day.. maybe I need to relocate, them tifos and flags waving for a couple of minutes do my head in.. 

calm down pickle. if you've read any of my posts you'll see i sit all over from next to SK1, east stand and north stand so I probably have a better understanding of the 'stadium atmosphere' than people who have sat in the same place for seasons on end. you'd have also noted if you cared to read what I've wrote is i'm all for a decent atmosphere, i'm just not into all this banging on about we have to do the ultra thing and everyone should join in or stop going. 

now RE the flags, i've lost count of the amount of times i've looked over and a couple of flags are being waved with more intensity than a windsurfer trying to get their board moving with no wind, it doesn't enhance any atmosphere at all, that is purely people concerned on how the end 'looks' on social media etc.

If you think the east stand is all about doing w@nker signs to the away end then you clearly ain't ever sat anywhere near it

just for clarity, i've always said, if the singing section really want to get it going, dial the 'ultra' stuff back, by all means, stand and sing, i'm all for it, but jumping up and down, swinging scarfs around and waving flags like there is no tomorrow ain't getting people joining in. if that was the case the ground would be going mad all the time, in fact, i've seen and heard many people just laughing at all that. sorry but that's true.

i think i'm in m1 today with my nephew and the atmosphere will be great in there, looking forward to it

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, guest123 said:

calm down pickle. if you've read any of my posts you'll see i sit all over from next to SK1, east stand and north stand so I probably have a better understanding of the 'stadium atmosphere' than people who have sat in the same place for seasons on end. you'd have also noted if you cared to read what I've wrote is i'm all for a decent atmosphere, i'm just not into all this banging on about we have to do the ultra thing and everyone should join in or stop going. 

now RE the flags, i've lost count of the amount of times i've looked over and a couple of flags are being waved with more intensity than a windsurfer trying to get their board moving with no wind, it doesn't enhance any atmosphere at all, that is purely people concerned on how the end 'looks' on social media etc.

If you think the east stand is all about doing w@nker signs to the away end then you clearly ain't ever sat anywhere near it

just for clarity, i've always said, if the singing section really want to get it going, dial the 'ultra' stuff back, by all means, stand and sing, i'm all for it, but jumping up and down, swinging scarfs around and waving flags like there is no tomorrow ain't getting people joining in. if that was the case the ground would be going mad all the time, in fact, i've seen and heard many people just laughing at all that. sorry but that's true.

i think i'm in m1 today with my nephew and the atmosphere will be great in there, looking forward to it

I ain’t into all the “if you don’t like it don’t go” either.. Would the vast majority in here prefer a much better atmosphere? Yes of course but it won’t be like that regardless of the changes that may happen. But everyone has the right to go and follow their team.

RE the flags again, I’ve not seen any negatives regarding the honesty flags that get dished out in every stand? Would you as you say throw it over the wall if if it was obstructing your view in front of you, same thing isn’t it? The club is maybe just doing it for their social media platform, or maybe when the ground is all waving flags it actually looks a half decent spectacle.. 

No I would never sit next to the away fans and hence if I go away it’s always the middle for me. I’ve got no interest in joining in fans which have more time flashing the vs than watching the game.. 

some Leicester fans may laugh at the section, may criticise the drum, dislike some of the newer chants but somehow they fail to see that

other clubs are doing it and are doing it better.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The leaving early brigade grows by the week. It is at epidemic levels now. It's just absolute rank bad manners 

1-0 at 87 mins and the crowds are pouring out. 

The club comms needs to ask Enzo to appeal for the crowd's support in those crucial last 10 mins. Absolutely pitiful that that is necessary, but it may persuade some of the 'strictly come dancing' freaks to delay their home arrival by 25 mins or so. 

As for the others, I'm guessing the tellys are on in the concourse. Turn those ****ing things off. The appalling manners of these people don't deserve pandering to and given an option to watch 

Think it's a bigger issue, club don't exactly help themselves to get an atmosphere going.

You see people head down at 37mins, because the clubs concourse is too small, especially in the kop, to deal with those wanting a drink/food or a piss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

The leaving early brigade grows by the week. It is at epidemic levels now. It's just absolute rank bad manners 

1-0 at 87 mins and the crowds are pouring out. 

The club comms needs to ask Enzo to appeal for the crowd's support in those crucial last 10 mins. Absolutely pitiful that that is necessary, but it may persuade some of the 'strictly come dancing' freaks to delay their home arrival by 25 mins or so. 

As for the others, I'm guessing the tellys are on in the concourse. Turn those ****ing things off. The appalling manners of these people don't deserve pandering to and given an option to watch 

I think he did. He Gee’d up the crowd around 85 minutes and some plank in B1 responded whilst walking out….go figure. 
The Tifo was once again superb. Such a good addition to the day.

Noted at the end Enzo pointedly making all players and members of staff on the pitch to go to the section to applaud them. Animatedly pointing at the section and ushering everyone to that corner 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxoffice said:

Whilst the atmosphere was non existent today, it’s fed from what’s happening on the pitch, sideways & backwards passing constantly becomes boring to watch, attack with purpose and people’s demeanor instantly changes!

Think that’s the main point of this thread. How to get the atmosphere going even when the inevitable poor performances (like today) occur, because that shouldn’t be an excuse 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo
  • Like 1