Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

19 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Top of J3 quietest place I’ve sat. Almost silent apart from me and my lad until we scored. Felt a bit embarrassed. People just nattering about anything other than the football. 

Great view but won’t be back there. 

I'm not trying to be funny but what did you expect in J3?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

We’re literally top of the league man

And the atmosphere is still abysmal! People arrive to be entertained and although grinding out results helps push for promotion it doesn’t excite people enough to create a atmosphere warranted with being top of the league!

• Like 3

I think there have been some decent atmospheres this season. Today wasn't one of them, and it felt a bit odd from the off. I don't know if there was nervousness in the air after the defeats but most people around me were waiting for something to spur them on rather than join in.

Noticeable that our loudest chant (straight back up....) didn't make an appearance until we scored. Atmosphere was much better after the goal (obvs) but that when people started leaving too. 

Watford were pretty quiet too. Didn't hear much from them at all.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I think there have been some decent atmospheres this season. Today wasn't one of them, and it felt a bit odd from the off. I don't know if there was nervousness in the air after the defeats but most people around me were waiting for something to spur them on rather than join in.

Noticeable that our loudest chant (straight back up....) didn't make an appearance until we scored. Atmosphere was much better after the goal (obvs) but that when people started leaving too. 

Watford were pretty quiet too. Didn't hear much from them at all.

The game was unbelievably boring. You're over thinking it.

Admittedly it's hardly rocking but today was harder to watch than most given the abject nature of the opposition 

• Like 1

Are there any upper tier English atadiums that are rocking for 90 minutes ? If there's loads of end to end action, then all stadiums will be raucous,  but singing endlessly as you watch a team dominate possession and play chess (which I'm enjoying a lot btw) just isn't gor everyone I'm afraid 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The amount of people leaving their seats a solid 5 minutes before half time was ridiculous today too. 

I heard there was another pricing gaff on pints. But it does seem more noticeable than previous seasons. Is a half time pint that appealing or is everyone dying for a slash!?

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Not making excuses as our support is shit, but I think a lot of it is down to the style and pace of our play. It really is boring to watch for large spells, despite the league position.

It also never helps when the away fans are quiet and low in numbers. 

I mean it’s bleeding obvious isn’t it.How many times has the Stadium bounced when Watford rock up,I’m guessing twice.That includes Filbert Street

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Think that’s the main point of this thread. How to get the atmosphere going even when the inevitable poor performances (like today) occur, because that shouldn’t be an excuse 

...it is not an excuse, it is quite pointedly obvious!!!

You listen to the crowd after WYS and within 5 - 10 minutes of the game, the whole place goes flat. We are doing what we always do and a lot of supporters are hoping for something better.

The reason why we play this way has been explained ad nauseam, but it still does not take away the fact that our execution of the style is nowhere at the level it should be and it soon becomes very repetitive. Our Wingers are not producing and there seems a lack of individual thought being encapsulated in the way we play. The need to pass without reason is now ingrained in this squad, we need someone to buck the style and do something different.