Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

39 minutes ago, guest123 said:

even more so when someone has their phone ready to get the photo to upload on social media

We actually agree on something lol It’s cringe all these people end up on their backs waiting for a photo.. especially coming from the Newcastle and Leeds fans who claim they’re the uks best as they support their team instead of filming (until they want their limbs pictures) 

For whatever reason, some fans all over the country leave early and have done for years. I started watching City in the 60s and stood on the Pop. Side. When the fans in the Main Stand used to leave before the end, they were given a lot of stick. These days, West Ham is very noticeable for empty seats towards the end of a game. There is far too much time spent on here, trying to dictate to fellow supporters, how they should behave at the game. I don’t know why anyone would think that fans go to a match just because they’ve done it for years and can’t be bothered not to go. We go presumably, because we love our club. Football is a very emotive sport and organised singing has never been a part of it. It’s spontaneity that governs the emotions. I always sing at games but the most noise is generated by happenings on the  pitch, whether it’s a great piece of play, a near miss, or some perceived miscarriage of justice against us. Look how the whole crowd reacts when opposition fans attack JV. Just support the team without fretting because not enough fans are throwing themselves into others when City score.

• Like 4

As shit as modern football is, it's actually the fans that make it almost unbearable. 

Modern supporter attitudes absolutely ****ing stink. 

All the bored people complaining really do need to find something else to do because it's not changing any time soon. 

Horrific support

13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

As shit as modern football is, it's actually the fans that make it almost unbearable. 

Modern supporter attitudes absolutely ****ing stink. 

All the bored people complaining really do need to find something else to do because it's not changing any time soon. 

Horrific support

Mate, you need to move you season ticket down the front. Or else you'll just keep posting the same thing in here every week. Message me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Really enjoyed yesterday. Not been to a home game for ages and being near UFS was great, they/ we didn't stop. Presuming from the comments that atmosphere on the whole was poor, but the front of the section was great fun. I particularly liked the Enzo Maresca chant continued during that absolute dirge they blare out at full time.

I stood near the bottom of the section yesterday aswell. Love it, although it sounded like very few chants travelled across the kop (and one of them was: oh when the blues go marching in - which i hate!).

Expected Enzo to pump the section like he did for Sunderland, after singing his name for 15 minutes before/ after the FT whistle.

And as for the music at FT, we need to write to the club/ create a petition or do something to stop it!

Edited by niyaminski
  • Like 1

The club are partly responsible for the drab atmosphere at times. Please bin off the music or at least change it. Please bin off fan cam or at least change how it is presented. Bin off the montage ending with the Prem trophy thing. Change the guy on the tannoy. Get a new HT presenter.

FFS make it different to the last 5 years somehow so not like groundhog day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FLAN said:

Anyone know why people were shining phone torches in second half?

It's been happening since that "light show" against Liverpool hasn't it?

It's embarassing though. People would rather shine their phones as if they're at a gig than actually clap or sing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, niyaminski said:

And as for the music at FT, we need to write to the club/ create a petition or do something to stop it!

I would've said that it won't make a difference as the club don't listen. However, they did ditch the goal music following fans comments so they might still be listening. Worth a go. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, niyaminski said:

I stood near the bottom of the section yesterday aswell. Love it, although it sounded like very few chants travelled across the kop (and one of them was: oh when the blues go marching in - which i hate!).

Expected Enzo to pump the section like he did for Sunderland, after singing his name for 15 minutes before/ after the FT whistle.

Yeah, noticed all of this actually.

Problem is trying to get a ticket down there though isn't it, as that's the only place in the ground I will go to now.

Thought the singing section was excellent on Saturday, I'm just to the left of it. Everyone saying they can never hear SK1 or the singing section well the players and Enzo must do cause Enzo always directs the players to that corner. This isn't a post of saying the singing section or SK1 is better than that corner I'm just making a point. In regards to the music at full time has anyone got an email address that can I send a email to regarding the music at full time?