Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I don’t mind the montage, it’s the clapping when we lift the trophy that makes me cringe.

I do think the atmosphere would improve by 25% if Enzo did the Klopp fist pump thing after a win.

Its coming at some point - surely. Enzo's pretty level headed and probably wont do something until he thinks he really deserves it.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I don’t mind the montage, it’s the clapping when we lift the trophy that makes me cringe.

I do think the atmosphere would improve by 25% if Enzo did the Klopp fist pump thing after a win.

That's after the game when half the stadium has left, also don't want to take a leaf out of that bellend's book

• Like 1

The problem is we all thought the glory supporters would give up their season tickets for young lads wanting to go. This didn’t happen. The only way we sort out our home atmosphere is if we spend a few seasons in the championship, and then we will see the atmosphere change, as fans will get more excited when we win and not expect it like most do now. 

As an overseas fan attending my first game, I was hoping to blend in with everyone chanting. I ended up just using my clapper, since my stand was pretty passive. The Union FS stand caught my eye for next time. The annoying part was the bloke behind me who had to moan about everything. As a whole great experience. It did made me wonder how cracking the atmosphere must've been in the Champions League knockouts or in that Premier League season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

They defo do though. Practically it’s the second sentence when you meet a Forest fan. 

Leeds singing a chant about a game they didn’t even win for example. 

I’d like to move on but I get why lcfc make a thing of it. However playing the same ****ing video week after week for four years is tiresome. 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Forest are not the benchmark on this mind lol 

I couldn't think of another club with a pre match video who won trophies years ago, that was all.

They play the video at City Ground, but they don't all stand and clap it. That's the bit I find weird at our place. I like the montage itself, I'm not debating that, we've scored enough superb and important goals - it could end with the trophy lift, the FA Cup lift, the League Cups etc all in a row - the obsession with clapping it is strange to me. It'll still be happening in a decade, yet the same people call clubs out for living in the past.

But also yeah I find Leeds weird singing about a game they never even won. Lad at side of me at Elland Road last season called them out for singing about the past, I said hang on they never even won it!

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I couldn't think of another club with a pre match video who won trophies years ago, that was all.

They play the video at City Ground, but they don't all stand and clap it. That's the bit I find weird at our place. I like the montage itself, I'm not debating that, we've scored enough superb and important goals - it could end with the trophy lift, the FA Cup lift, the League Cups etc all in a row - the obsession with clapping it is strange to me. It'll still be happening in a decade, yet the same people call clubs out for living in the past.

But also yeah I find Leeds weird singing about a game they never even won. Lad at side of me at Elland Road last season called them out for singing about the past, I said hang on they never even won it!

I know what you mean about the clapping, it is a bit cringe but can't really explain why either. Not against a montage but agree with whoever said it might be worth shaking it up a touch. Agree on WACCOE, properly embarrassing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Nothing weird or cringe about it. It was such a momentous time and it happened to our club. Unforgettable. I will celebrate it for evermore. No apologies. 

I don't need to stand and clap something on TV to celebrate it.

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

exactly, of all the things to moan about. Best part of the pre match by miles and the game last season

What are we allowed or not allowed to moan about? 

This is an internet forum. Unbelievable that people have different opinions. 

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

That'll be on betamax, surely!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MickeyMouse said:

As an overseas fan attending my first game, I was hoping to blend in with everyone chanting. I ended up just using my clapper, since my stand was pretty passive. The Union FS stand caught my eye for next time. The annoying part was the bloke behind me who had to moan about everything. As a whole great experience. It did made me wonder how cracking the atmosphere must've been in the Champions League knockouts or in that Premier League season.

You'll enjoy yourself much more I promise :scarf:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't need to stand and clap something on TV to celebrate it.

What are we allowed or not allowed to moan about? 

This is an internet forum. Unbelievable that people have different opinions. 

I think he's allowed to point out that he thinks your moaning is invalid.

For my part, I tend to switch off when people call anything embarrassing. Mainly because embarrassment is so endemic to the British as a whole, so it becomes meaningless after a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, guest123 said:

I'm curious as to why so many people seem to be in the seats so early either watching a montage they hate or the sprinklers 

If it ain’t about the atmosphere, the ultras, the scarves waving, the flags waving, people leaving early, not clapping, the music, the half time pints, the toilet queues, standing on seats, the pie quality….. we have a new debate? 

Why do people go in so early? lol

2 hours ago, guest123 said:

I'm curious as to why so many people seem to be in the seats so early either watching a montage they hate or the sprinklers 

I don't think a handful of people on an internet forum equate to nearly 25,000 people (or however many people are in the seats at that time).