Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

16 minutes ago, guest123 said:

what are you crying about and telling people what they can and can't think or say on here? what that poster said about the upper tier was spot on

Because his point is the same point that gets recycled here every single week. It's absolute nonsense to say the least. As if we're the only fans in the world who deal with "acoustics" issues and people being "spread out". Have a day off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Because his point is the same point that gets recycled here every single week. It's absolute nonsense to say the least. As if we're the only fans in the world who deal with "acoustics" issues and people being "spread out". Have a day off

go and reread what that poster wrote. he said there was a group singing to the left and one on the right and they started songs pretty much at the same time and one drowned the other out. nothing more, nothing less. that was 100% correct. he (assume its a geezer) wasn't making excuses just stating facts, and as you weren't in that section telling him to shut up is plainly stupid and rude

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

This topic has been going on for months now and it’s a way of trying to come up with some reasoning/ways to improve the atmosphere along with the moans and groans.. to pick out a particular poster is unfair especially as what he wrote pretty much made sense. Away days are meant to be much better but for some reason it’s like a home atmosphere. 

when you said 3/4 we’re trying to get it going did you join in? I assume when you said they gave up the answer was no.. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Is it not the 2016 effect? We literally achieved the highest thing we will ever achieve as a club. The fans know they will never see that again, so maybe people are just demotivated? It's like there's nothing to push towards.

I think this is the crux of the matter. In a short period of five years we won the League and the FA Cup. We won the Community shield. We got to the QF of the Champions league and the semi final of the Conference League. No team outside the ‘big five’ (Spurs are big but devoid of trophies) has done anything remotely close.

i cannot imagine it will happen again. Therefore although my love for LCFC is as strong as ever, the future looks a bit bland unless we get a new ridiculously wealthy owner. And I’m not convinced I really want that to happen anyway as whoever that may be will more than likely be some tax dodging exploitative bastard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, guest123 said:

And why keep moaning about entitled season ticket holders. Only game I can’t get a ticket for currently is West Brom so people can always get tickets if they really want 

Not really true. There are a lot stuck in the All STH bracket as they haven't had a ST for 10 years. Almost impossible for them to catch up and not many games drop down to All STH level this season.

The system needs to be fairer and requires changes (been discussed many times in here so let's not re-open that discussion in here) but the club don't care.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not really true. There are a lot stuck in the All STH bracket as they haven't had a ST for 10 years. Almost impossible for them to catch up and not many games drop down to All STH level this season.

The system needs to be fairer and requires changes (been discussed many times in here so let's not re-open that discussion in here) but the club don't care.

I'm a member, with 2 away points....

I was shouting and chanting as much as possible last night (some chants I didn't know), but I must admit the cold really got to me 2nd half. Plus, being the only female shouting and having blokes silent stood around was a bit intimidating...I felt quite small after a while. I miss the previous championship away days where we were so loud my phone mic blew up when I tried to record us 😂

• Like 2

Our players and the style of football doesn’t lend itself to geeing them up.

Would any amount of singing or chanting change our 650 passes and 3 shots on target? Historically it worked and it helped us win the Prem, but not with the Enzo way.

Many songs are about hatred for ex players or local teams anyway. (we ate Derby…)

Crowd noise is normally/ used to be a reaction to something decent or something that the players responded to.

Can’t blame the supporters. Would you cheer a chess game, start a mosh pit at a Michael Bublé gig or laugh hysterically at Miranda Hart?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Our players and the style of football doesn’t lend itself to geeing them up.

Would any amount of singing or chanting change our 650 passes and 3 shots on target? Historically it worked and it helped us win the Prem, but not with the Enzo way.

Many songs are about hatred for ex players or local teams anyway. (we ate Derby…)

Crowd noise is normally/ used to be a reaction to something decent or something that the players responded to.

Can’t blame the supporters. Would you cheer a chess game, start a mosh pit at a Michael Bublé gig or laugh hysterically at Miranda Hart?

It's got the excitement of a Snooker game so gets the reaction of a Snooker game.

Yesterday also throws the theory in the bin that small allocation = rubbish away atmosphere (full of coach 1 and other "boring regulars").

While that is true it's just as true that when we have a larger allocation and non-regulars get to go that it's just as crap.

Fan base is beyond repair, don't understand why people keep going to aways and expecting different results.

I've drastically reduced the number of aways I've gone to this year and don't regret it for a second.

Maybe this is the same for others who go more for the atmosphere and less for the football, so the conclusion is that away ends are becoming more dominated by those who don't care the atmosphere is non existent?

Just now, Sir Steve Howard said:

Can't imagine many others made it, we've had a lot of small allocations as well. QPR and West Brom tickets like gold dust

like I said, West Brom was the first one I've not managed to get, but i'm not ruling it out yet. where there's a will there's a way so no point just blaming season ticket holders who've been going for years

Just now, guest123 said:

like I said, West Brom was the first one I've not managed to get, but i'm not ruling it out yet. where there's a will there's a way so no point just blaming season ticket holders who've been going for years

But you're getting through unofficial means, which loads do I'm not knocking that.

If you played by the rules you'd miss out on loads. Baggies sold out at 560+ pretty much and you're bragging about being a member with 2 away points who hasn't given up on getting a ticket?

You getting a ticket second hand doesn't justify the crap system that is in place, surely you agree with that

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

Yeh but where do these tickets come from that your finding? 

Season ticket holders who've been going for years.

Short term it works, your getting what you want because you get a ticket, but ultimately your just fuelling that same season ticket holders point collection.

I'd imagine there's a lot of people that just buy every away ticket then decide If they can go when it comes to it knowing full well they will sell the ticket instantly if they decide not to go.

Rich get richer, everyone else is fvcked.

50 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Interestingly, I was speaking to a few Sheff Weds fans in a pub pre-game, and they said that their away priority points resets every 2 years. They travel really well and have a great away support, when I told them our priority points have been rolling over for about a decade they were shocked!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Yeh but where do these tickets come from that your finding? 

Season ticket holders who've been going for years.

Short term it works, your getting what you want because you get a ticket, but ultimately your just fuelling that same season ticket holders point collection.

I'd imagine there's a lot of people that just buy every away ticket then decide If they can go when it comes to it knowing full well they will sell the ticket instantly if they decide not to go.

Rich get richer, everyone else is fvcked.

"No point blaming the people who give me a ticket"

Classic attitude of our fans, as long as it's fine for me I don't care about everyone else

• Like 1