Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, Sir Steve Howard said:

But you're getting through unofficial means, which loads do I'm not knocking that.

If you played by the rules you'd miss out on loads. Baggies sold out at 560+ pretty much and you're bragging about being a member with 2 away points who hasn't given up on getting a ticket?

You getting a ticket second hand doesn't justify the crap system that is in place, surely you agree with that

simple, don't play by the rules if you want to go. and no, i haven't given up hope of getting a west brom ticket. all systems are shit one way or another, no system will get 100% backing. my point is people are blaming long standing season ticket holders for a shite away atmosphere, i'm simply saying if there's a will there's a way and people can change that. ain't my fault others dont seem to have any mates :-)

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

simple, don't play by the rules if you want to go. and no, i haven't given up hope of getting a west brom ticket. all systems are shit one way or another, no system will get 100% backing. my point is people are blaming long standing season ticket holders for a shite away atmosphere, i'm simply saying if there's a will there's a way and people can change that. ain't my fault others dont seem to have any mates :-)

Good luck to you. Despite being a bit of a nob you seem like someone who tries to contribute to the atmosphere at games

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

I really worry for the next generation of our fan base, I fell in love with football due to the atmosphere generated. If you can get a ticket (and the closed shop nature has killed us), then there is zero passion in the stands. 

By the way, those blaming the style of play are just trying to make themselves feel better. We had a free kick in a great position to nick it last night, yet there was barely a murmur of excitement. Really sad.

Why worry about them? Despite all the coach 1 blanket comments on here our away ends always appear to be rammed full of boogie bus boys in trackies on their phones and recording voice notes on whatsapp. As you say, our home an away attendances are always sold out, so there's no worry about succession of fans.

You got into football because of the atmosphere, quite clearly these days young people go to the football to say they've gone to the football. Things change.

Last night I actually thought it started pretty well (in WU3). There were some good renditions absolutely belted out and the acoustics in the upper tier made them sound pretty loud to me. 

Sadly that lasted about 10 minutes and the rest was absolutely pathetic. I’ve done Burton, Liverpool and Wednesday away this season and all three are contenders for worst away end you’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, C-man said:

Last night I actually thought it started pretty well (in WU3). There were some good renditions absolutely belted out and the acoustics in the upper tier made them sound pretty loud to me. 

Sadly that lasted about 10 minutes and the rest was absolutely pathetic. I’ve done Burton, Liverpool and Wednesday away this season and all three are contenders for worst away end you’ll see. 

Liverpool was the worst for me closely followed by yesterday.

Just feels really strange being at an away ground and standing there in silence, growing up you’d pair being in an away end with noise, passion and trying to outsing the home fans (not always but most the time) Sad that it’s the complete opposite these days..

Edited by Munshi

7 minutes ago, C-man said:

It sounded decent on the Sky Red Button feed for starters.   Not deafening, but perfectly ok.

And what happens after 10 minutes practically every match?    Yep, same old, dying of boredom after 50 sidewards and backwards passes.

• Like 1

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

It sounded decent on the Sky Red Button feed for starters.   Not deafening, but perfectly ok.

And what happens after 10 minutes practically every match?    Yep, same old, dying of boredom after 50 sidewards and backwards passes.

The football isn’t the problem. It’s been like it for a long time 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

So you mean in the part of the game that we went 1-0 up? 

Think some would rather us lose playing ‘attacking’ football than win and knock it about a bit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, C-man said:

I was in that area and heard some good old school chants about Ulloa, Nugent  etc and it got going by a good few... BUT then i heard people moaning "why the feck are they singing about all the old players for" and it just fizzled out...

There was a small core of fans who tried(i tried my best for someone recovering from the lurgy!) but after a few goes of trying to get something going i personally lose all appetite and give up.

Kudos to those who try, unfortunately there is a massive problem with our fanbase (Not sure how other clubs compare at away grounds- most are pretty crap at the KP too to be honest!)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

it was decent last night, just seems on here it's the done thing to moan about everyone, completely exaggerate to make your point and say every away end is the worst in history. people won't be happy until 3800 are bouncing in unison for 90 minutes waving a scarf in 1 hand and a flare in the other whilst singing the most complicated songs in the history of football chants 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Raj said:

I was in that area and heard some good old school chants about Ulloa, Nugent  etc and it got going by a good few... BUT then i heard people moaning "why the feck are they singing about all the old players for" and it just fizzled out...

There was a small core of fans who tried(i tried my best for someone recovering from the lurgy!) but after a few goes of trying to get something going i personally lose all appetite and give up.

Kudos to those who try, unfortunately there is a massive problem with our fanbase (Not sure how other clubs compare at away grounds- most are pretty crap at the KP too to be honest!)

strangely i didn't hear those player chants at all from my position, albeit, they ain't for me but i just ignore them rather than moan anyway

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I had a great time, really enjoyed it. No voice today so done my bit.

After 33 years of following the city I'd say it was entirely typical of a second tier league game of poor quality with little jeopardy in a partially full stadium on a freezing night.

I don't think this one was the litmus test to get too worked up about, or insult eachother. 

1 hour ago, Munshi said:

So you mean in the part of the game that we went 1-0 up? 

Think some would rather us lose playing ‘attacking’ football than win and knock it about a bit.

No, love us knocking about for ages aimlessly going nowhere, but eventually winning because we obviously have better players. Be stupid to go for it early and excite the crowd and almost certainly win most games

45 minutes ago, guest123 said:

it was decent last night, just seems on here it's the done thing to moan about everyone, completely exaggerate to make your point and say every away end is the worst in history. people won't be happy until 3800 are bouncing in unison for 90 minutes waving a scarf in 1 hand and a flare in the other whilst singing the most complicated songs in the history of football chants 

Mate it was shocking last night first 20 minutes was good but once we scored I think we only had about 5 chants for the rest of the game as loud as any in the first 20 the majority of the second half involved about 20 people singing 

1 hour ago, C-man said:

With apologies to the old school FT posters in this picture… if you hate it as much as most of those shown appear to, the question must be - why bother?

fb2d66f5-350b-4787-a5bd-dcc711632358.thumb.jpeg.9da57ca05d39c3e5bb0d24409e4f7f9a.jpeg

One of them sits in front of me at the KP, clearly goes home away and supported the club for a long time so hats off but he won't even get out of his seat when we score. The geezers quieter than a church mouse. 

Just now, Jabfox said:

One of them sits in front of me at the KP, clearly goes home away and supported the club for a long time so hats off but he won't even get out of his seat when we score. The geezers quieter than a church mouse. 

If it’s the guy near to the left I’ll defend him by saying he’s someone that would most likely watch the team even if we were playing on Victoria Park. There has to be a middle ground when calling out supporters not singing or making noise, the argument is more nuanced than this.

• Like 3

Just now, westernpark said:

If it’s the guy near to the left I’ll defend him by saying he’s someone that would most likely watch the team even if we were playing on Victoria Park. There has to be a middle ground when calling out supporters not singing or making noise, the argument is more nuanced than this.

It is, like I said he goes home and away and my hat goes off to him, if he chooses to support in that manner that's absolutely fine . He may have a reason for it in his defence. (health related for example) 

From my pov I just find it interesting that such a loyal fan can show so little emotion but hey everyone's different! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Yeah it’s more that for me, he’s an older fella clearly nearly 80, as are a number of them sitting there, these are not the fans to be having a go at(not you). I’m 28, how many times do I see people my age or younger in the concourse jumping about and pissed, then during the match then they’re on their phones checking betting or generally filming. Criticism of my age group would be that the social media pertinent disease of making sure people know you are there, is more important than enjoying the moment, has an adverse effect on the atmosphere.

Yes mate fair comment. I'm not far off you (24) and agree re the social media comment it's mental the amount of people sat on their phones, how they get service I'll never know 😂 one could argue it's the slow football etc etc but if you're unable to leave your phone for 90 minutes once or twice a fortnight and live in the moment then wow 

• Like 2