Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Yes mate fair comment. I'm not far off you (24) and agree re the social media comment it's mental the amount of people sat on their phones, how they get service I'll never know 😂 one could argue it's the slow football etc etc but if you're unable to leave your phone for 90 minutes once or twice a fortnight and live in the moment then wow 

Yeah that always baffles me with how they get service! It can be fun in the concourse but it’s just more of a moan as to why it doesn’t carry on. 

• Like 2

We are a difficult fan base to get right, as it were. You can blame the old biddies and Coach 1 regulars who get plenty of grief but, in fairness, the young lads who should be making the noise are often on their phones or singing in concourses.

Home atmospheres are one thing- it isn't realistic to get 25k going at once and in unison- but the away support should be different. Too much is made of what is happening on the pitch. I've been in great away ends giving ironic or tubthumping chants when we are being thrashed.

There is no excuse for top of the league fans to be seriously saying the quality of football isn't conducive to a good away atmosphere.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, guest123 said:

it was decent last night, just seems on here it's the done thing to moan about everyone, completely exaggerate to make your point and say every away end is the worst in history. people won't be happy until 3800 are bouncing in unison for 90 minutes waving a scarf in 1 hand and a flare in the other whilst singing the most complicated songs in the history of football chants 

Ffs are you a parody account? I’ve been to 90% of our away games in the last 10 years and I promise you that was up there with the worst I’ve been involved in. At one point I genuinely heard the players on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’m amazed at that. It was so quiet in first and second 

I know it seems odd, but as someone else said that you could hear us on Sky red button. Probably because SW were non existent, ground acoustics and mike placement. 1st half Amazing Grace Leicester, Hey Jude, Enzos blue army were loud, and you could hear we shall not be moved with other songs. Parts of the 2nd half, Straight Back up was loud, KDHs song as well. 
Anyway, good effort from those who tried- please don’t give up . 

• Like 2

You've got younger supporters slagging off the older supporters shouting "Forwards!"

You've got the older supporters slagging off the younger supporters asking for the need to accept this patient, laboured football.

You've got the middle aged supporters slagging off the younger and older supporters for poor atmosphere.

It's a mess.

But, like the style football, it's not exclusive to us. Give or take it's every fanbase and every club up and down the country, it's a by-product of a sanitised modern game.

Last night should have been bouncing, from both sets of supporters, I appreciate Sheffield Wednesday aren't doing great but old ground, proper ground, proper club, no excuses, that is of course until you come to the football, the modern game, rightly or wrongly an excuse for a poor atmosphere, it simply doesn't get you off your seat i'm afraid, it doesn't excite or entertain.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Mate it was shocking last night first 20 minutes was good but once we scored I think we only had about 5 chants for the rest of the game as loud as any in the first 20 the majority of the second half involved about 20 people singing 

and what bit were you?

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

Ffs are you a parody account? I’ve been to 90% of our away games in the last 10 years and I promise you that was up there with the worst I’ve been involved in. At one point I genuinely heard the players on the pitch.

yeah ok mate. no pyro, no party

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You've got younger supporters slagging off the older supporters shouting "Forwards!"

You've got the older supporters slagging off the younger supporters asking for the need to accept this patient, laboured football.

You've got the middle aged supporters slagging off the younger and older supporters for poor atmosphere.

It's a mess.

But, like the style football, it's not exclusive to us. Give or take it's every fanbase and every club up and down the country, it's a by-product of a sanitised modern game.

Last night should have been bouncing, from both sets of supporters, I appreciate Sheffield Wednesday aren't doing great but old ground, proper ground, proper club, no excuses, that is of course until you come to the football, the modern game, rightly or wrongly an excuse for a poor atmosphere, it simply doesn't get you off your seat i'm afraid, it doesn't excite or entertain.

i didn't sit on a seat at all....

people need to stop over thinking and just enjoy the day out

1 hour ago, old koppite said:

I know it seems odd, but as someone else said that you could hear us on Sky red button. Probably because SW were non existent, ground acoustics and mike placement. 1st half Amazing Grace Leicester, Hey Jude, Enzos blue army were loud, and you could hear we shall not be moved with other songs. Parts of the 2nd half, Straight Back up was loud, KDHs song as well. 
Anyway, good effort from those who tried- please don’t give up . 

please don't tell fibs mate, numerous crazy mega super duper top supporters have clearly stated it was the worse ever away end ever.

wonder if those people are actually the problem and people actively avoid them? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, guest123 said:

please don't tell fibs mate, numerous crazy mega super duper top supporters have clearly stated it was the worse ever away end ever.

wonder if those people are actually the problem and people actively avoid them? 

Is there a list of these peeps, how do you become one, sounds exclusive??????:amartey:

4 hours ago, Jabfox said:

It is, like I said he goes home and away and my hat goes off to him, if he chooses to support in that manner that's absolutely fine . He may have a reason for it in his defence. (health related for example) 

From my pov I just find it interesting that such a loyal fan can show so little emotion but hey everyone's different! 

but why should he show emotion? why should anyone have to conform? 

4 hours ago, westernpark said:

Yeah it’s more that for me, he’s an older fella clearly nearly 80, as are a number of them sitting there, these are not the fans to be having a go at(not you). I’m 28, how many times do I see people my age or younger in the concourse jumping about and pissed, then during the match then they’re on their phones checking betting or generally filming. Criticism of my age group would be that the social media pertinent disease of making sure people know you are there, is more important than enjoying the moment, has an adverse effect on the atmosphere.

you need to call this out on the regs, which many of my posts have alluded to

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It's a mess.

I don’t get this ‘sanitised’ argument. Last night was simply two appalling football teams that couldn’t be arsed. The quality was non existent. 
The atmosphere is terrible because young people prefer TikTok to singing at the football, I wouldn’t read much more into it. 

When we play well we rip teams to shreds, see soton and Blackburn away, that’s the modern game, and fans still don’t sing!! You can’t blame everything on ‘sanitised’ 

As a fanbase we could chant any player throughout the game.. why? Because surely it’s better to do that than stay in silence. Even when they’re subbed off we don’t chant them. JV gets the reception but what about the others? At Middlesbrough Kasey went off and I attempted to start his chant but no, I was on my own. 

this has been mentioned before but if everyone thinks we need to improve the song list or try something new instead of “dirge” then there is a whole load of new chants and suggestions on the topic. Take a few off there, ignore the haters and we’re laughing.. 

2 hours ago, guest123 said:

but why should he show emotion? why should anyone have to conform? 

He doesn’t have to, he can do whatever he likes tbf. Just interests me as I find it hard to not show emotion at a football game, Everyone’s different it’s not a bad thing! 

Edited by Jabfox
Spelling