Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

Stadium atmosphere at home will never change , no matter what you try 👍

We have 4 good away ends per season - too many people who don’t get involved impossible to get stuff going 

This is what keeps people coming back, the occasional very good away end, Villa last season for example.

Too thin on the ground these days so patience is wearing thin*

*Although tickets keep flying off the shelves so not for the vast majority

Edited by Sir Steve Howard

10 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

This is what keeps people coming back, the occasional very good away end, Villa last season for example.

*Although tickets keep flying off the shelves so not for the vast majority

Villa , Leeds , United , Liverpool are the only ones I can think of other than that rest was woeful , it needs to improve 

Sound like one of the dads needs to go around collecting all the phones before the match, saying that now is 'family time without devices'. Simple.

Funny, few seasons back had the displeasure of going to West Ham v Man United (before the whole family got into going the KP for every home match, was Ronaldo's first match).  2 guys next to me played on their handheld steam consoles for the whole match, apart from a brief break to get a disgusting sausage dinner. 2 blokes in front just shouted racist abuse at Antonio all game. About 40% streamed out of the stadium left before Noble missed a penalty. 

Earlier this year went to see We Will Rock You, on a night where Brian May made a surprise appearance. When it happened, everyone in front and around us whipped their phones out and we could barely see him as they were all filming about their heads. On the way out someone was watching it back on their phone and said they actually missed it at the time.

These problems are everywhere sadly. 

2 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

That's pretty much it for me too.  (and I could add, home games as well).

Most away game atmospheres are pretty poor, but you occasionally get the odd good one that makes it worthwhile.   And it's just enough to keep my hopes up that things might one day get better.   I've always said that football is more addictive than heroin or crack cocaine.    I've watched mostly 50 years of frustrating sh*t, but I still come back for more!

(it's also worth pointing out, that you do have to try and get seats where it's more likely people will sing.    There's generally a better atmosphere at the back, than at the front.   So don't go on row 2 expecting much singing.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Sanitised football isn't talking about the style of play. 

The heart is gone from the game. It's a billionaires dildo and the fans are treated like shit. 

Takes its toll subconsciously and people clearly don't have the same level of passion for their clubs anymore because they aren't their clubs. 

It's a more nuanced thing that people probably don't realise. 

Fair point, possibly, but I really do not think it's that deep. People prefer their phones to singing. Also I don't think 23-year old Brenno from Coalville in his sports direct trackies is thinking of the implications of foreign born, offshore-asset based wealth owning his football club. he's just scared to do anything that might make Jonno, Lobbo, Henno and Cobbo laugh at him and film him on Instagram

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Corky said:

We are a difficult fan base to get right, as it were. You can blame the old biddies and Coach 1 regulars who get plenty of grief but, in fairness, the young lads who should be making the noise are often on their phones or singing in concourses.

Home atmospheres are one thing- it isn't realistic to get 25k going at once and in unison- but the away support should be different. Too much is made of what is happening on the pitch. I've been in great away ends giving ironic or tubthumping chants when we are being thrashed.

There is no excuse for top of the league fans to be seriously saying the quality of football isn't conducive to a good away atmosphere.

100%. Sheffield United when Kisnorbo got sent off was probably the most fun I’ve had at a football game despite us getting slapped. Been touched upon numerous times in this thread but “being bored by what’s happening on the pitch” doesn’t really wash as an excuse for deathly silence. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

This debate goes round in circles and will still be going on in five years, but it's good that people are starting to recognise it's not all the older fans who go to away games that are the cause of this.

Chaos in the concourse, silence in the stands from the younger folk, who need to prove they're at the football having a great time rather than watching the game are also a root cause. As are the adults who are coked and drunk to their back teeth who probably don't have the compos mentis to sing. So are the families who are there for a nice day out.

It's a collective effort. It's a collective failure.

When you start pitting groups against each other it just leads to endless debate than resolving the issue. Twitter posts taking LCFC pics of away ends and going LOOK AT OUR AWAY END EVERYONE IS A GERIATRIC (interpretation not a quote) just makes you look a dick tbh.

Maybe if you'd got another pic of a group of lads in their 20's checking their accas or preparing their phones so, when we do score, they can lob themselves down the stairs and film it for SCENES, it might have come balance.

Our culture of fervent away ends is long dead unless we're back on top of the Premier League. There's absolutely nothing wrong with groups like UFS doing their best and trying, I'm not saying people shouldn't. But whining and moaning after EVERY. SINGLE. AWAY. GAME is clearly achieving nothing.

excellent post :thumbup:

On 01/12/2023 at 11:32, Footballwipe said:

This debate goes round in circles and will still be going on in five years, but it's good that people are starting to recognise it's not all the older fans who go to away games that are the cause of this.

Chaos in the concourse, silence in the stands from the younger folk, who need to prove they're at the football having a great time rather than watching the game are also a root cause. As are the adults who are coked and drunk to their back teeth who probably don't have the compos mentis to sing. So are the families who are there for a nice day out.

It's a collective effort. It's a collective failure.

When you start pitting groups against each other it just leads to endless debate than resolving the issue. Twitter posts taking LCFC pics of away ends and going LOOK AT OUR AWAY END EVERYONE IS A GERIATRIC (interpretation not a quote) just makes you look a dick tbh.

Maybe if you'd got another pic of a group of lads in their 20's checking their accas or preparing their phones so, when we do score, they can lob themselves down the stairs and film it for SCENES, it might have come balance.

Our culture of fervent away ends is long dead unless we're back on top of the Premier League. There's absolutely nothing wrong with groups like UFS doing their best and trying, I'm not saying people shouldn't. But whining and moaning after EVERY. SINGLE. AWAY. GAME is clearly achieving nothing.

I don't know why but we have no camaraderie. We did have but it seems to have gradually declined to the point where it's nonexistent.

I regularly attended away games during the nineties/2000s, and togetherness was fantastic for the most part (although I did get punched in the back of the head at Villa Park for daring to criticise Peter Taylor early on)😂

I'm not sure if the loss of spirit is unique to our fans or just a social change in general, maybe a bit of both.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Langston said:

100%. Sheffield United when Kisnorbo got sent off was probably the most fun I’ve had at a football game despite us getting slapped. Been touched upon numerous times in this thread but “being bored by what’s happening on the pitch” doesn’t really wash as an excuse for deathly silence. 

I did have instant regret after 'shoes up' though, spending the entire second half with freezing wet feet. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I don't know why but we have no camaraderie. We did have but it seems to have gradually declined to the point where it's nonexistent.

I regularly attended away games during the nineties/2000s, and togetherness was fantastic for the most part (although I did get punched in the back of the head at Villa Park for daring to criticise Peter Taylor early on)😂

I'm not sure if the loss of spirit is unique to our fans or just a social change in general, maybe a bit of both.

Id agree with this, its a very divided fanbase.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

regularly attended away games during the nineties/2000s, and togetherness was fantastic

I followed us all over from about 92-98 ...and I've discussed this on threads in the past, I frequently in those days felt an edge and threatened by our own fans as much as opposition fans. We've never done camaraderie. But we do do the ice cold glare and 'you want some' face pretty well. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I followed us all over from about 92-98 ...and I've discussed this on threads in the past, I frequently in those days felt an edge and threatened by our own fans as much as opposition fans. We've never done camaraderie. But we do do the ice cold glare and 'you want some' face pretty well. 

I remember being at old trafford circa 1993, and seeing our own fans at each other about not singing...it was pretty nasty....you see its not a new thing....we've always had a pretty quiet and divided fanbase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

Everywhere We Goooo

Everywhere We Goooo

We're Leicester Boys Making **** All Noise

Everywhere We Goooo......

Remember, you heard it here first! 

3 lads sang that behind me at West Ham last season lol actually being in that bottom tier I could understand why 

• Haha 1

On 01/12/2023 at 12:44, worth_the_wait said:

That's pretty much it for me too.  (and I could add, home games as well).

Most away game atmospheres are pretty poor, but you occasionally get the odd good one that makes it worthwhile.   And it's just enough to keep my hopes up that things might one day get better.   I've always said that football is more addictive than heroin or crack cocaine.    I've watched mostly 50 years of frustrating sh*t, but I still come back for more!

(it's also worth pointing out, that you do have to try and get seats where it's more likely people will sing.    There's generally a better atmosphere at the back, than at the front.   So don't go on row 2 expecting much singing.)

Yep yep yep. This mindset is going to cost me four, probably five figures as well.