Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Too many 50+ in the crowd that have been on bus 1 since the 90s and the reduced away allocation isn't helping casuals and lower priority get a look in.

Are they still doing ID checks at aways? I haven't even tried to get an away ticket since last season since that started happening.

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Too many 50+ in the crowd that have been on bus 1 since the 90s and the reduced away allocation isn't helping casuals and lower priority get a look in.

Are they still doing ID checks at aways? I haven't even tried to get an away ticket since last season since that started happening.

No ID checks at all this season

• Like 2

Didn't end up going to this so no comment on the atmosphere, but the whole ground sounded shit, but can never take TV as a guide.

But it did look like there was a big bunch of empty seats near the dividing advertising hoarding, was that a true reflection and if so a proper piss take if either club held back tickets

19 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Didn't end up going to this so no comment on the atmosphere, but the whole ground sounded shit, but can never take TV as a guide.

But it did look like there was a big bunch of empty seats near the dividing advertising hoarding, was that a true reflection and if so a proper piss take if either club held back tickets

Have noticed recently at quite a few away games a good amount of empty seats.

Sometimes in blocks as if they were never for sale in the first place but, like  at Sheffield the other night, there were around 20-25 just in the area around where we were stood so couldn't work out how that happens. 

43 minutes ago, guest123 said:

No ID checks at all this season

As someone that hasn't done aways in recent seasons, I'm looking at doing at least one before the season is out. What's this thing about I'd checks? Sorry, very late to the party as I've not been involved. 

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

As someone that hasn't done aways in recent seasons, I'm looking at doing at least one before the season is out. What's this thing about I'd checks? Sorry, very late to the party as I've not been involved. 

last season some selected away tickets had to be picked up in person and you needed to bring ID and it had to match

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, guest123 said:

btw, anyone know where people get the away end attendances from please?

The LCFC matchday programme used to list them all, but they stopped doing that some years ago.  Dunno if they ever restarted.

Some clubs list the away attendance on their website at the bottom of the match report

eg https://www.wba.co.uk/news/albion-1-2-leicester    said  "Attendance: 24,382 (2,009)."

But most clubs don't seem to bother these days.   In fact most, often don't even put the match attendance in.

A few of us (saddo's) on here make a note of the away attendances, just by tracking tickets sales.   This season's are as follows:

League:
   Huddersfld T (0) 0  Leicester C  (0) 1     19,500      (away: 2300)
   Rotherham U  (0) 1  Leicester C  (1) 2     11,500      (away: 2200)
   Southampton  (1) 1  Leicester C  (3) 4 (E) 29,000      (away:~2200?)
   Norwich C    (0) 0  Leicester C  (1) 2 (E) 26,500      (away: 1900)      
   Blackburn R  (1) 1  Leicester C  (2) 4 (M) 16,000      (away: 3300)
   Swansea C    (1) 1  Leicester C  (1) 3     18,500      (away: 2000)
   Q.P.R.       (1) 1  Leicester C  (1) 2     17.500      (away: 2800)
   Middlesbro   (0) 1  Leicester C  (0) 0     30,000      (away: 2600)
   Sheff Wed    (0) 1  Leicester C  (1) 1 (E) 26,000      (away: 3800)
   West Brom    (0) 1  Leicester C  (0) 2 (M) 24,500      (away: 2000)

League Cup:
   Burton A     (0) 0  Leicester C  (2) 2 (E)  4,500      (away: 1500)
   Tranmere R   (0) 0  Leicester C  (0) 2 (E)  6,500      (away:~2000?)
   Liverpool    (0) 3  Leicester C  (1) 1 (E) 49,500      (away: 2100)

• Like 1

For me one of the worst things about people not singing is that they have to fill the silence with their ridiculous opinions on the game or our players.

Yesterday, I had the unfortunate experience of having to endure one bloke calling us pathetic and/or a disgrace every 5 minutes (can’t imagine how much he enjoyed last season), calling Mads a useless cvnt for daring to not boot the ball out of play and then demonstrated his superior football IQ by saying ‘see that’s what happens when we get it forward’ after we scored. Well done mate.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, C-man said:

For me one of the worst things about people not singing is that they have to fill the silence with their ridiculous opinions on the game or our players.

Yesterday, I had the unfortunate experience of having to endure one bloke calling us pathetic and/or a disgrace every 5 minutes (can’t imagine how much he enjoyed last season), calling Mads a useless cvnt for daring to not boot the ball out of play and then demonstrated his superior football IQ by saying ‘see that’s what happens when we get it forward’ after we scored. Well done mate.

Let me guess, this was the bloke yelling QUICKERRRRRRR and FORWAAAARDS every ten seconds, moaning about anything and everything. I honestly don’t know why you’d come out just to give yourself a near on brain aneurism every time.

Stood within the right hand 8 seats near the middle.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Where was this? I was behind the goal and nobody booed.

I only watched it on the box but there was definitely a point in the game where we were on the break and then halted and passed back to the defence.  Booing was audible and it wasn't West Brom.  Comms even mentioned it rather incredulously.   

In fact they mentioned obliquely a few times that our fan base has some entitled tw@ts in it. 

• Like 1

i didn’t think that was a bad away end , unless it was where I was everyone was singing - after KDH scored a lot of people didn’t even sing his song but I’m sorry you can’t help this fanbase after you go 1-0 up away from home and your silent , this is why people criticise others

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Too many under 30s kids with their eyes glued to their phones for 90 minutes. Said as a - well - over 50.

Not talking ALL over 50s by any means but there's a lot that have been there every season that barely joined in during the O'Neill years and just do it for the day trip. And I totally agree about the phone addicts who get all the goals videoed and uploaded somewhere because they watch the thing through a screen. I'm well over 40 myself so I'm not coming at this from a teenage viewpoint.

I saw a bit of Bundesliga on Sky last night and can only be envious of an entire stadium chanting and joining in no matter what the score.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

The LCFC matchday programme used to list them all, but they stopped doing that some years ago.  Dunno if they ever restarted.

Some clubs list the away attendance on their website at the bottom of the match report

eg https://www.wba.co.uk/news/albion-1-2-leicester    said  "Attendance: 24,382 (2,009)."

But most clubs don't seem to bother these days.   In fact most, often don't even put the match attendance in.

A few of us (saddo's) on here make a note of the away attendances, just by tracking tickets sales.   This season's are as follows:

League:
   Huddersfld T (0) 0  Leicester C  (0) 1     19,500      (away: 2300)
   Rotherham U  (0) 1  Leicester C  (1) 2     11,500      (away: 2200)
   Southampton  (1) 1  Leicester C  (3) 4 (E) 29,000      (away:~2200?)
   Norwich C    (0) 0  Leicester C  (1) 2 (E) 26,500      (away: 1900)      
   Blackburn R  (1) 1  Leicester C  (2) 4 (M) 16,000      (away: 3300)
   Swansea C    (1) 1  Leicester C  (1) 3     18,500      (away: 2000)
   Q.P.R.       (1) 1  Leicester C  (1) 2     17.500      (away: 2800)
   Middlesbro   (0) 1  Leicester C  (0) 0     30,000      (away: 2600)
   Sheff Wed    (0) 1  Leicester C  (1) 1 (E) 26,000      (away: 3800)
   West Brom    (0) 1  Leicester C  (0) 2 (M) 24,500      (away: 2000)

League Cup:
   Burton A     (0) 0  Leicester C  (2) 2 (E)  4,500      (away: 1500)
   Tranmere R   (0) 0  Leicester C  (0) 2 (E)  6,500      (away:~2000?)
   Liverpool    (0) 3  Leicester C  (1) 1 (E) 49,500      (away: 2100)

Thing is we received 2009 tickets but did we sell them all? If some were held back it's not as accurate.