Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

33 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

One thing which I found rather bizarre yesterday was the fact all around me, people had been given complimentary tickets. Some kept going on how ‘not bad for a free afternoon out.’ 

Makes a mockery of us fans who turn up constantly, and throw £40 down the drain each week to watch the team. Trying to get the necessary points for a season ticket next year by paying roughly twice as must as it would work out. It was a bit of a joke. Also the two chaps who go week in week out next to me were nowhere to be seen.  We let Brighton have an extra 500 tickets for the away end.

Top and the board must be dreaming and in cuckoo land if they think the stadium expansion is necessary. Yeah the ‘official attendance’ was 32,000, but there were still empty seats around me. They couldn’t give them away for a Premier League 3pm kick off. 

No we didn't 

• Like 1

Some of our fans are weird.

My daughter is at Newcastle Uni, so got a ticket for the recent cup game.

Sat next to an old bloke ,who she said ,was very pleasant before the kick off , talking about his grandchildren etc.

Once the game kicked off , he started calling Wilfred the N word and the same to any other non white players on the pitch. 

The bloke sitting the other side of her , just kept staring at her.

She told him to stop as it was making her feel uncomfortable. 

Put up with it until HT then met a lad she knew and he said there were a unused seats where he was for the 2nd half ,so she sat with him.

All really unnecessary 😒 

• Sad 4

15 hours ago, Munshi said:

Fairplay to SK1 because it was better than usual today, thought we were pretty loud at certain stages. Guess that’s not really saying much considering how shit we usually are but was decent in there today I thought. 

Just wish more people would get off their asses in the East Stand and the rest of the Kop, can’t make any excuses about us being shit etc because we went 2-1 up and 95% of the ground remained silent. Baffling.

Top and the board know we arent the best as a collective (sk1 /UFS excluded).  This is why we need the clappers. 

Where's Filbert the fox these days? Don't want to point the finger but all areas of this club need a good old PIP (performance improvement plan) everyone, including the food and bev people, its skill or will. 

More Jobbas, more clappers, more free drinks (it's quicker than doing a transaction).

***fox cubs - trainee filbert the foxes under 18s there could be loads of them, learning the trade on match days, Vardy showing them the appropriate opposition specific goal celebrations at half time, could like pop idol.

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

One thing which I found rather bizarre yesterday was the fact all around me, people had been given complimentary tickets. Some kept going on how ‘not bad for a free afternoon out.’ 

Makes a mockery of us fans who turn up constantly, and throw £40 down the drain each week to watch the team. Trying to get the necessary points for a season ticket next year by paying roughly twice as must as it would work out. It was a bit of a joke. Also the two chaps who go week in week out next to me were nowhere to be seen.  We let Brighton have an extra 500 tickets for the away end.

Top and the board must be dreaming and in cuckoo land if they think the stadium expansion is necessary. Yeah the ‘official attendance’ was 32,000, but there were still empty seats around me. They couldn’t give them away for a Premier League 3pm kick off. 

Brighton took the full allocation which they don’t usually do.

The extra 500 tickets are away seats that go back to the home end for games when the away club don’t take their allocation 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Sat next to an old bloke ,who she said ,was very pleasant before the kick off , talking about his grandchildren etc.

Once the game kicked off , he started calling Wilfred the N word and the same to any other non white players on the pitch. 

Put up with it until HT then met a lad she knew and he said there were a unused seats where he was for the 2nd half ,so she sat with him.

All really unnecessary 😒 

Wow - that's an awful experience for her. Sometimes I do wonder about our fanbase. 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
16 hours ago, sishades said:

Have you ever considered that you may be in the minority here? Calling people snooty because they disagree with you is not on.

Yes he must be in the minority that likes to watch good football

5 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

We’re in a weird phase. Nobody is behind Rodgers, but the home crowd hasn’t yet turned on him and probably won’t until we’re in the zone.

Fans will be complicit in our relegation based on current feeling. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I think we've been paying to watch such garbage that people are now going to watch out of nothing but habit.  There's not been anything exciting going on at the King Power for over a year, if not more. 

A year and 8 months, FA Cup, I was pretty excited then, and a year and a half ago, charity shield. Granted they didn't happen at the KP but the atmosphere in club shop was electric so🙌

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

We’re in a weird phase. Nobody is behind Rodgers, but the home crowd hasn’t yet turned on him and probably won’t until we’re in the zone.

It's the split between Rodgers and the players. I think the fans still back the majority of the squad and it making it toxic hinders them but also lets Rodgers off in the process. Tough situation, really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Fans will be complicit in our relegation based on current feeling. 

See people on Facebook say yesterday was a great result. I don’t think some will realise how bad we are until first week of August and we are playing Rotherham 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

There was a moment yesterday when a fair few in G1 joined in with a chant and it was loud on that bend. So badly wanted those there to run with it and keep going.

We always sing up in that corner. Fair few songs started up there including the stand up if you love Leicester. 

Shame we can't have the corner bit of SK1 all standing instead of the back 5 to 7 rows or so.

Seen a couple near me in sk3 with seat cushions. I think we have inherited a lot of tigers fans over the last few years. 😆

No one seemed bothered about the late goal either yesterday.  No emotion or anything. Strange 

4 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

All really unnecessary 😒 

Incredibly alarming that people perceive this to be an acceptable way to behave. Assuming they’re of age, his grandchildren should be calling him out.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

1 hour ago, YesNdidi said:

First game at KP this season. Based in Jersey. We sat in SK4 which was like a morgue. When we joined the chants from SK1, the reaction from people around made us think we’d strayed into the away end by mistake. Embarrassing. Our lack of atmosphere puts us at a real disadvantage compared to our relegation rivals imho.

This isn't aimed at you specifically but I don't know what people except going in these areas of the ground and expecting anything other than silence. Go where the other singers are or sit in silence :dunno:

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

See people on Facebook say yesterday was a great result. I don’t think some will realise how bad we are until first week of August and we are playing Rotherham 

It's scary how much the standards tumbled and the fans shrug their shoulders. The truth is though the majority have bought into the lucky to be there rhetoric. I overheard a couple of different conversations on the way to the ground yesterday and they were to the tune of "we've had our fun". I just don't get it, I never will.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

We always sing up in that corner. Fair few songs started up there including the stand up if you love Leicester. 

Shame we can't have the corner bit of SK1 all standing instead of the back 5 to 7 rows or so.

Yeah I noticed it seemed louder than usual up in that corner too. ‘Leicester boys are we’ went on for a while which was good.

I get people saying it is not a bad result given the form of both teams but not a great result at all, especially leading so late.

The second point about the Championship view goes back to mine last week about certain fans not being too bothered where we play because they'll be there. It isn't appealing at all.