Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Luckily they're not the type to let the style of football dictate their enjoyment of a weekend lol

Those empty seats down the front of the section have gone btw.

Yea sorry, forgot to reply to that. 

I would be I go with my dad, who has morphed into a miserable sod over the last two seasons and no chance he goes down there. 

He can't be seen to be endorsing the current style of play by actually attempting to enjoy being there atm. 

56 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Yea sorry, forgot to reply to that. 

I would be I go with my dad, who has morphed into a miserable sod over the last two seasons and no chance he goes down there. 

He can't be seen to be endorsing the current style of play by actually attempting to enjoy being there atm. 

Well if that changes, drop me a message and I'll see if I can help.

• Thanks 1

Watching Palace v Liverpool. 

Whilst the Palace fans no doubt do make a fairly constant atmosphere, it is just SO boring. 

It’s like that favourite songs playlist you over listen to and it just gets repetitive and boring. 

I don’t feel this type of European style support will ever fully catch on over here for this reason. 

It’s just a shame our traditional atmospheres that are great for their spontaneity don’t have the same oomph anymore. 

I believe English atmospheres are just about officially dead. 

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

Watching Palace v Liverpool. 

Whilst the Palace fans no doubt do make a fairly constant atmosphere, it is just SO boring. 

It’s like that favourite songs playlist you over listen to and it just gets repetitive and boring. 

I don’t feel this type of European style support will ever fully catch on over here for this reason. 

It’s just a shame our traditional atmospheres that are great for their spontaneity don’t have the same oomph anymore. 

I believe English atmospheres are just about officially dead. 

I agree we prefer silence.

Atmosphere so horrible I finally told my old man I'm giving it up next season after 20 years of sitting next to each other. 

It's a depressing place down there even after a 4-0 win and I've realised it's not good for me carry on pretending I want to go. 

I would imagine every team that is top of its respective league has a far more positive feeling than our place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wasn’t just the family stand L1 was half full aswell. Shocking, 4-0 up on Saturday evening and people can’t wait an extra 10 mins to clap the lads off after a game because they want to get home early. 

Ironically so many people leave now the people who stay the full 90+ get home early aswell.

Why dedicate almost all of your Saturday to going to a football match but then not stay till the end to save yourself an hour or two? Baffling to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

As always will await the “I pay my money so will do what I like brigade” to speak up 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Atmosphere so horrible I finally told my old man I'm giving it up next season after 20 years of sitting next to each other. 

It's a depressing place down there even after a 4-0 win and I've realised it's not good for me carry on pretending I want to go. 

I would imagine every team that is top of its respective league has a far more positive feeling than our place. 

Half our crowd are waiting to turn on the manager genuinely 

• Like 3