Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Joe_1992 said:

You have to celebrate and enjoy winning 4-0 because who knows where our club will end up. Look at teams like Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland. Promotion is not a guarantee and the players need our support!

It's not good enough mate 

28 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Not that I left early but people seem to be more peed off with people leaving on 85 min than not singing and supporting the team for the game.
Would much prefer people to sing for 85 min and actually support /get behind the team than sit there in silence for 90 min

People who leave after 85 minutes are exactly the kind of people who don't sing or chant at games.

• Like 1

You could argue it’s symptomatic, but leaving early isn’t the real problem is it?

It’s the drab, fickle, matinee performance punters who won’t even clap to a song, never mind make any noise with their voices other than to chunter under their breath about how we shit we are moments before we stroke in our fourth goal of the afternoon.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Will Spanish do you?

Estoy convencido de que el problema se debe a que la gente gruesa espera que se repita lo mejor de la temporada ganadora de Prem en cada partido desde entonces. Pero eso no explica que defiendan a Rodgers. Estoy perdido. Sea como sea, KPFC es sólo la mitad de la razón por la que ya no voy; el gran volumen de adormilados cvnts que ocupan asientos es la otra razón principal. Hacen que asistir sea una experiencia realmente horrible.

Espero con ansias tu primera publicación de la próxima temporada donde se hace evidente que renovaste nuevamente 😁

iImpresionante!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Beyond being disrespectful to the players, it's incredibly annoying as a fan. Last few years I've become seriously pissed off with having to constantly stand or move during a game because of late comers and early leavers. I've missed more than one goal because of it. Maybe I'm just becoming old and grumpy but swear it didn't used to be as bad.

It didn't 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

We just don’t have a fanbase that is passionate enough. That’s essentially what it boils down to. There’s factors here and there but ultimately that’s the problem imo. Even When we score our fans look shite as well. So sad world away from the likes of Leeds or villa. 

Was it always like this though? I feel in the 90s we were one of the better fanbases. 

Just now, bovril said:

Was it always like this though? I feel in the 90s we were one of the better fanbases. 

I think English football was better as a whole. Even Watford had half decent support in the 90s. The passion has evaporated in our fanbase, probably more than any club I can think of

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

We just don’t have a fanbase that is passionate enough. That’s essentially what it boils down to. There’s factors here and there but ultimately that’s the problem imo. Even When we score our fans look shite as well. So sad world away from the likes of Leeds or villa. 

Absolutely correct. We are decent in numbers but feeble in terms of culture. Off the pitch we are a bland, vanilla fanbase. Not even beta. We aren't even beta. We are an omega fanbase.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Absolutely correct. We are decent in numbers but feeble in terms of culture. Off the pitch we are a bland, vanilla fanbase. Not even beta. We aren't even beta. We are an omega fanbase.

Which it shouldn’t be. It’s not like we are a Watford or Brentford with no history. We are a big club but the fanbase just doesn’t match. It’s bizarre but such a shame. 

1 minute ago, ian__marshall said:

The number of people that left early today was genuinely embarrassing. Not that I expect those leaving to understand, but anyone else think it's poor etiquette and rather rude? 

I very much go to support the team, and see it as a sport. It's not entertainment and I don't expect it to be. Anyone who's played the game competitively knows it's not PlayStation. There's an opponent trying their level best to stop you. It can be ugly at times but you're there to pick up as many points as you can. I've watched some absolute dross in the past but always got behind the lads that represent my local area. Win, lose or draw, all I ask is that they try their hardest to do their best. 

What I struggle to understand is that I hear people saying it's hard to get up for games and create noise as the style of play isn't very exciting which makes me believe that there's a sizeable number that see football as an entertainment business. However in my experience of attending entertainment venues whether they be cinema, concert halls, theatre, etc. I can't ever recall seeing 25-30% of the audience get up and leave 10 minutes before the end no matter how bad the performance. Quite frankly I don't think the venue would tolerate such behaviour, so I'm at odds as to why anyone thinks this is acceptable at the football. 

If you leave before the end of a film in the cinema or theatre, you won’t know what happens. Concerts are one offs, so different to a 23 home match season. Don’t think you can compare them to a football match where a win was guaranteed and was like a training match at the end. 

I never leave before the end, but don’t have a major problem if people want to, especially when the result has already been decided. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Batfink77 said:

We need to collectively let these so called fans that they're an embarrassment.  Never been one to turn on own fan base but this lot aren't proper fans anyway and are ruining the match day experience. Let's start our own 'Is there a fire drill' chant or something.  There must be something..

As people started leaving around me I started chanting is there a fire drill and they just laughed.

• Like 1