Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I took my 8 year old for the first time today, and as his knowledge of football ain’t great, first live match, asks if it’s a penalty when it’s a free kick.. He said after about 86 mins why is everyone leaving? What happens if they miss a goal?? 

It was absolutely appalling today the streams of people leaving on 85 mins, seriously it was like it was full time. I heard there were some European fans came over today.. they will laugh all the way back to Germany as that atmosphere was simply embarrassing. 

I had to go further back than normal today in the section so had only a sight of the ufs lads at the front and once again need applauding for their efforts. The back wasn’t bad actually but it breaks down in the middle.. there are far too many people who just go for the sake of going.. I only wish that if you just want to stand there then find another part of the stadium to twiddle your thumbs.. 

A question for the ufs lads which still baffles me now.. how has the likes of wout faes not got a song but Ben Nelson who made his debut today got something in the first two mins tut tut lol

• Like 2

Can't speak for the ground as a whole, and I'll probably get shit for being ageist, but where I sit the average age of the fan base is well into their 70s. The only noise that you hear from them is them snapping their KitKats. 

Obviously they've as much right to be there as anybody else, but realistically they'll renew every year until they die so there's no capacity to get younger fans in.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was appalled at the half empty stadium from 80 minutes onwards, infact a row of 5 in front of me got up at half time and never returned.

A shit atmosphere, not singing is one thing and I know people leaving early isn't anything new but today the amount of people leaving early seemed particularly bad.

Now, usually i'd go on a long spiel of boring and/or sanitised football but today was a decent, entertaining, exciting game, from both teams and not just because we won, there was a mix of styles and something for everyone.

Meanwhile people used to sit there, tight lipped, clapping and lapping up Rodgers shite for 2 years without a murmur to the bitter end. It's beyond me. 

Me and my dad were there, we stayed until the end, but I agree, we're C1 cc quite high up and we had no problem leaving as so many had left. Also I couldn't help shouting out stop f'ing moaning when there was groans, really pisses.me off

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

What you have said is both offensive and true and I'll add to the offence. We can't stop the coffin dodgers coming in and taking their seats, as they've probably been coming all their lives and hopefully supporting better in the past, but my god they are on the whole a lifeless, miserable, cynical, farty bunch that positively detract from the atmosphere.

So, Arrival Los Zorros, what do you think of the majority of 'younger' supporters, UFS aside, who add nothing whatsoever to the atmospheres within the stadium?

Your post is ageist & extremely ignorant.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, boots60 said:

So, Arrival Los Zorros, what do you think of the majority of 'younger' supporters, UFS aside, who add nothing whatsoever to the atmospheres within the stadium?

Your post is ageist & extremely ignorant.

Urgh you're right. Lots of quieter yunguns too. Will delete post (although I stand by it, in general the cynicism and moaning comes from the older generations)

I wasn’t at the match today but typically I am one of those who would tend to leave around 85 minutes.

That said, I can’t put my finger on why but I am genuinely losing my love for football. I don’t have a huge problem with how we play and think we’re in an amazing position - I just feel football has changed to a point that it no longer excites.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think it's symptomatic of the city. There are so many people who live here who openly say the city is shite. They run the place down. 'never go into town'. 'like a foreign country' 'hassled by beggars' ....we are a city of ee-orrs

I just cannot imagine a Geordie slagging off Newcastle (and guess what, they have beggars and foreigners.too!) Or Scousers, or Taffs in Cardiff etc etc. There's absolutely no civic pride here. 

People hole up in a nice comfortable 80s jelson built house in Broughton Astley, Anstey, Fleckney and essentially close their curtains on the world outside. We just aren't a community. 

Broughton Astley, Anstey, Fleckney.

Nice bit of stereotyping there.

You ever been to these places?

Edited by boots60

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think it's symptomatic of the city. There are so many people who live here who openly say the city is shite. They run the place down. 'never go into town'. 'like a foreign country' 'hassled by beggars' ....we are a city of ee-orrs

I just cannot imagine a Geordie slagging off Newcastle (and guess what, they have beggars and foreigners.too!) Or Scousers, or Taffs in Cardiff etc etc. There's absolutely no civic pride here. 

People hole up in a nice comfortable 80s jelson built house in Broughton Astley, Anstey, Fleckney and essentially close their curtains on the world outside. We just aren't a community. 

Hmm maybe. Never really thought of it from that point of view. 

• Like 1

Starting to think the only way we get a good fan base is through being shit for a long time all the teams with the best atmosphere are either just based on reputation or they are having the best time as a club in a long time while for us it’s the worst in 10 years even tho we are top of the league entitled fans ruin the atmosphere 

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

I wasn’t at the match today but typically I am one of those who would tend to leave around 85 minutes.

That said, I can’t put my finger on why but I am genuinely losing my love for football. I don’t have a huge problem with how we play and think we’re in an amazing position - I just feel football has changed to a point that it no longer excites.

It's very difficult to enjoy yourself or get passionate about watching football in England when everything is done to stop just that.

If you love to sit in silence and watch the football whilst paying through the nose to do it you can still enjoy watching live football in england.

That's who the clubs target, thats the fanbase they want, and thats the fanbase they've got.

It may sound a bit harsh but if you love live football because of the atmosphere, the colour, the noise, the togetherness, feeling you are part of the club then go to games abroad instead.

• Like 2

My dad (nearly 70) used to go with his friends on free tickets and I go sometimes as well, they'd never sing. Those tickets stopped happening so I've said to him this season were going for it to get our points to 50 for next season, got to say I'd like to think I've got him singing and I think he's enjoying it even more. I think it's  confidence thing, he even knows some of he songs I don't know the words too, he's the reason I'm a leicester fan after all

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 3