Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I wasn’t at the match today but typically I am one of those who would tend to leave around 85 minutes.

That said, I can’t put my finger on why but I am genuinely losing my love for football. I don’t have a huge problem with how we play and think we’re in an amazing position - I just feel football has changed to a point that it no longer excites.

Go to B&Q on a Saturday then.

Just now, Rusko187 said:

I didn't today, and unlikely to make the mid-week game too but I'm giving thought to cancelling season ticket. Knowing how hard it is to get one, I want to make sure my decision is 100% right.

I think if you can’t enjoy your team being top of the league it’s probably an easy decision. 

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

It's very difficult to enjoy yourself or get passionate about watching football in England when everything is done to stop just that.

If you love to sit in silence and watch the football whilst paying through the nose to do it you can still enjoy watching live football in england.

That's who the clubs target, thats the fanbase they want, and thats the fanbase they've got.

It may sound a bit harsh but if you love live football because of the atmosphere, the colour, the noise, the togetherness, feeling you are part of the club then go to games abroad instead.

Sometimes I do wonder if the atmosphere affects my enjoyment of the game, but for the past couple of years I've not felt that deep connection to the game anymore. I'd still watch, chant, back the team but this season in particular I'm just not finding joy in football period.

• Like 2

Just now, Rusko187 said:

It's not that simple, my whole life I've loved football, why is it now that's changed?

I can understand if VAR is involved but you’ve not even got that this season. Respectfully this is the problem we’ve got at the moment. We have people going that just don’t really care about being there and it’s alaffecting the atmosphere terribly. Not having a pop just saying

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

I doubt it. We try our best in the signing section but there’s people in there that just don’t bother. Doubt it’ll change 

Agreed, we've seen it at other clubs who've introduced it.  Instead of sitting in silence they stand in silence.

I was a big supporter of safe standing, not just because the ability to choose but because I thought it would improve the atmosphere, I was wrong.

Its a cultural thing.  And we've lost ours.

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

I can understand if VAR is involved but you’ve not even got that this season. Respectfully this is the problem we’ve got at the moment. We have people going that just don’t really care about being there and it’s alaffecting the atmosphere terribly. Not having a pop just saying

No, totally get you. I sold my ticket back via the clubs resale platform for today and it's listed for the mid-week game. I totally understand though that me being disillusioned with the game and perhaps not contributing as much will have a small impact.

45 minutes ago, Batfink77 said:

We need to collectively let these so called fans know that they're an embarrassment.  Never been one to turn on own fan base but this lot aren't proper fans anyway and are ruining the match day experience. Let's start our own 'Is there a fire drill' chant or something.  There must be something..

It's definitely at that stage. The only problem is no one will join in with the songs aimed at them lol

• Haha 1

Think without quoting people there are too many “oh I want to be in the premier league”

”I just can’t enjoy football because it ain’t man United, arsenal at the king power” people still here.. sorry but if your struggling to enjoy the rollercoaster of being in a different league and being top of the table then football live football ain’t for you.. you’d be much better investing in foxes tv and watching it from the comfort of your home.. 

These people were probably the same moaning losing week in week out last season, just no pleasing some.. 

4 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

A safe-standing section will surely improve things.

I am willing to place money that if one is ever built it will be 50% occupied by people sitting down and complaining they can’t see anything. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's definitely at that stage. The only problem is no one will join in with the songs aimed at them lol

Just boo. The 15000 or so happy to stay to the end should simply start booing soon as the first losers start traipsing down the steps. It will add to the surrealism that every home game we become known for booing our own supporters 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Just wish we had a way we could change it. Surely there has to be? Ideas? Meet ups to discuss? Don’t know about anyone else but I’m furious and Embarrassed by it

There were a couple of points - in hindsight.

One was moving to 'The Walkers Bowl'. At the time it seemed like a logical and necessary progression but the archetype of blueprint for stadia that we followed was just not right for the football atmosphere.

The second was the very first instance of Americanization of the club. I have the feeling that would be the 'modernisation' of the post horn gallop. No. We don't want fusty old tradition - we want pazzaz!

In itself innocuous but the first cut is the deepest. From there it's only a hop, skip, and t-shirt cannon to iron gates at the turnstile, fan cam, and all the other tedious elements of a game that aren't intended to appeal to the demographic who like to sing and shout.

• Like 1

A lot don’t bother with the clappers anymore I’d rather have the sound of cardboard on palm than deadly silence which it was for the majority of the game. The only chant the fans around me joined in with was football in a library like it’s something to be proud of lol

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Then don't. Be the change you wanna see etc 

It really isn't life changing getting home Half an hour later than you otherwise would do. 

Aside from anything else, it's simple good manners to stay to the end. I don't have to thank the waiting staff at a restaurant. I don't have smile at petrol station server or say bye. I don't have to thank a taxi driver. I just do..it's manners. Applauding the team at the end after a win (or good performance) is the same, simple courtesy 

Good ****ing manners!!?!?!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's absolutely wonderful 

• Haha 2