Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I’ve been thinking about this a lot & it’s so s**t in the family stand. I think it’s a combination of:-

1. Football fans 20 years ago used to be mostly with your mates. Now it’s kids, wives, granny & grandads

2. Clappers half in / half out. We used to have an albeit good plastic atmosphere with clappers. Now people who have them are annoying & the rest do nothing

3. Youth are not as into it anymore

4. Singing section makes a tiny part decent but is much smaller than away end. Rest of the ground is concentrated of non vocal fans - best to have people spread out

5. I’ll get hounded for this, but the mix of women to men now at football. There’s just a lack of gang / group singing cos people take the ‘Mrs

So anyway I reckon we should create a fam stand singing section. I’m sure loads of kids would love to recreate something like that on a smaller scale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Can't speak for the ground as a whole, and I'll probably get shit for being ageist, but where I sit the average age of the fan base is well into their 70s. The only noise that you hear from them is them snapping their KitKats. 

Obviously they've as much right to be there as anybody else, but realistically they'll renew every year until they die so there's no capacity to get younger fans in.

I don’t think you understand how to calculate an average 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Filberts lovechild said:

I’ve been thinking about this a lot & it’s so s**t in the family stand. I think it’s a combination of:-

1. Football fans 20 years ago used to be mostly with your mates. Now it’s kids, wives, granny & grandads

2. Clappers half in / half out. We used to have an albeit good plastic atmosphere with clappers. Now people who have them are annoying & the rest do nothing

3. Youth are not as into it anymore

4. Singing section makes a tiny part decent but is much smaller than away end. Rest of the ground is concentrated of non vocal fans - best to have people spread out

5. I’ll get hounded for this, but the mix of women to men now at football. There’s just a lack of gang / group singing cos people take the ‘Mrs

So anyway I reckon we should create a fam stand singing section. I’m sure loads of kids would love to recreate something like that on a smaller scale.

Decent idea re singing section in family stand 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JayTheFox said:

It’s just embarrassing to be honest. When you are winning 4-0 and our fans are streaming towards the turnstiles while the away fans are singing loud and proud and then despite being hammered in the second half stood and applauded there manager and team? 

It’s stinking support and quite rightly called out as such.

At 85+ mins we were maybe 2/3 full

it was embarrassing 

19 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

You can't understand the point at all? 

It's a significant part of the malaise that has taken hold of our support. 

It sums up the shit attitude and poor environment at a ground that is currently host to league leaders. 

The fans don't care. 4-0 or 0-0 they are showing their lack of interest at 75 minutes onwards

I don’t know why you bother going I’ve never read so many whiney posts, chill out and grab a beer!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Not that I left early but people seem to be more peed off with people leaving on 85 min than not singing and supporting the team for the game.
Would much prefer people to sing for 85 min and actually support /get behind the team than sit there in silence for 90 min

Can’t we do both. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Why do some get tetchy when they see some leave a few minutes or so early?

You never know, it might have been a family issue etc that the early leavers were needing to attend to.

It's not some though is it? It's thousands.

It's embarrassing and trying to defend it with excuses like that just adds to the frustration tbh.

• Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need a unified singing section.

When your vocal support is in 2 separate corners of the stadium, the atmosphere is never going to be brilliant.

The death of L/K has been the biggest driver of our shit quiet bowl. You literally can't hear the Kop/UFS at all from the away end. 

• Like 2

P

27 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Why do some get tetchy when they see some leave a few minutes or so early?

You never know, it might have been a family issue etc that the early leavers were needing to attend to.

Half the stadium emptied on a game we won 4 nil. I guess it's whether you view yourself as a supporter or someone that buys a ticket to be entertained 

I'm a West stand prawn sandwicher, but even I was taken aback by the sheer volume of people leaving today. It's not an exaggeration to say half the ground had emptied before the final whistle.

If be half tempted to call it out if I were Maresca.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Because they see our support as a collective. Maybe this is an example of how as fans we have different opinions of what it is to be a supporter 

Exactly this splinter, when we are in that stadium we all represent Leicester City Football Club not just the players on the pitch. 

Edited by JayTheFox
  • Thanks 1