Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Glad the team and manager don't have the same half arsed attitude as the fans. 

I thought about leaving at half time against Newcastle last season, not because we were getting stuffed

but because I thought the team just couldn’t be arsed so why should I. 
I now wonder if the players look up at the ground emptying with 10 minutes still to play and think, “ why 

should I bust a gut?these miserable fckers couldn’t care less”.

• Like 2

I wonder if the atmosphere is generally poor because it’s a confidence issue that people don’t want to start off or they just simply don’t want too? If I thought there might be a chance that someone would yell shut the f up to me then I might stay silent also.. sad times.. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of our fans in the stadium don’t like the style of football we are playing and are taking for granted the position we have in the league. It’s still painful to hear people moaning about the way the manager wants us to play when we are winning in games. I have a feeling Enzo won’t be loved like he should be by the vast majority of our fan base. 

5 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I wonder if the atmosphere is generally poor because it’s a confidence issue that people don’t want to start off or they just simply don’t want too? If I thought there might be a chance that someone would yell shut the f up to me then I might stay silent also.. sad times.. 

probably is at home but I just feel that our fan base only sing when something amazing happens take West Brom last week a lot of the fans there considered to be quite shite pop up and start singing when we score a last minute winner but can’t be arsed to sing for the rest of the 90

I'm not too sure how we compare with other home supporters but suspect the King Power isn't unique.

Even if we are one of the worst examples of half emptying stadiums currently, I think it will spread and increase elsewhere.

The demographics are changing, or have changed. More families, more females, all seater stadia and fans becoming 'customers'. Urgh.

Singing & shouting less so, but boisterous behaviour, anger, swearing are being consigned to history.

And this has been encouraged of course, for all the right reasons. What we see is a consequence.

Throw into the mix that, perversely, those 'customers' are treated with contempt by the clubs on occassions and regularly by the likes of $ky and BT with their switching of games for TV, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

49 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I think a lot of our fans in the stadium don’t like the style of football we are playing and are taking for granted the position we have in the league. It’s still painful to hear people moaning about the way the manager wants us to play when we are winning in games. I have a feeling Enzo won’t be loved like he should be by the vast majority of our fan base. 

Spot on. We have the most entitled fanbase going 

48 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

What is the general feeling inside the stadium towards Enzo? I often hear the cry of gerrit forward picked up on the mic 

If we got rid of that bastard song we have for him and just use a clear one that actually sings his name, he might feel slightly more loved 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Batfink77 said:

We need to collectively let these so called fans know that they're an embarrassment.  Never been one to turn on own fan base but this lot aren't proper fans anyway and are ruining the match day experience. Let's start our own 'Is there a fire drill' chant or something.  There must be something..

100% needed, there was a few at Sheffield Wednesday at the end of the first half and start of second. 

Will those who don’t make any noise or who are leaving early pipe up? Certainly will be interesting to see 

18 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

If we got rid of that bastard song we have for him and just use a clear one that actually sings his name, he might feel slightly more loved 😅

Enzo Maresca Allez…. 

if fans cant say three words then there really is no hope lol

1 hour ago, Noahfence said:

What is the general feeling inside the stadium towards Enzo? I often hear the cry of gerrit forward picked up on the mic 

A bloke today kept saying that he didn’t like this tippy tappy stuff and that we’ve been lucky in most games. I was tempted to turn around and say something but just laughed when we scored 3 goals in 5 minutes 10 minutes after.