Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

We should start a boo when people start leaving, or a chant of shame shame shame.

You want to know why it's embarrassing? Because whilst Plymouth are singing their side to a 4 nil defeat, you want to cut 5 minutes off your journey time rather than stay to cheer to the team you paid £30 to support . Shame, shame, shame 

It’s here, it’s there, it’s every ****ing where,

sh*t support, sh*t support lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, splinterdream said:

We should start a boo when people start leaving, or a chant of shame shame shame.

You want to know why it's embarrassing? Because whilst Plymouth are singing their side to a 4 nil defeat, you want to cut 5 minutes off your journey time rather than stay to cheer to the team you paid £30 to support . Shame, shame, shame 

We used to have that "loyal supporters" chant that went up when people were leaving. Maybe a few more "Cheerio" ones or "we can see you sneaking out"

This isn't just a Leicester thing though, there's a lot of libraries posing as football grounds right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I think a lot of our fans in the stadium don’t like the style of football we are playing and are taking for granted the position we have in the league. It’s still painful to hear people moaning about the way the manager wants us to play when we are winning in games. I have a feeling Enzo won’t be loved like he should be by the vast majority of our fan base. 

They had no issues for the last 2 years before this season, they were sat there happy clapping.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Lol, this thread is specifically to discuss the atmosphere at the stadium. People leaving the stadium early every SINGLE MATCH because they’ve got family issues to attend to such as switching Netflix on negatively affects the atmosphere at the stadium. I reckon that’s why it’s being discussed on the stadium atmosphere thread 

Not convinced it affects the atmosphere at all if I’m honest. Goes from a silent occupied seat to a silent empty one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some good bantz between us lot in block P and their fans yesterday. Despite 1 young lad with obv anger issues the Argyle lot were good lads.

Felt a bit sorry for em, they were informed mid match their train from Brum to Plymouth that evening had been cancelled and despite their worries not knowing how to get home and going 4-0 down still loudly sang their hearts out, especially in that last 10 mins, backing their team until the final whistle.

But of course, most of our lot wouldn't have heard that, they'd already left.

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, C-man said:

Not convinced it affects the atmosphere at all if I’m honest. Goes from a silent occupied seat to a silent empty one. 

It shows massively in the section, it can go from a half decent atmosphere to literally the first 3 rows still chanting as everyone piles down for their p*sswater before 40 mins.. 

At what point do you really notice something?   and get angry about it?  or really angry?

When a footballer was first paid some amount like £50,000 per week?  Obscene.   Well it's over 10 times that now.    Once you get past that a certain tipping point, everything else is just "yeah, right".   You just lose the will to get really angry any more.

The number of people leaving early has been appalling for years now.  It's not just us; West Ham and Man Ciy are just as bad.

For me the worst sight was towards the end of last season, seeing 100's of people leaving early when the crucial relegation match with Everton was 2-2 and balanced on a knife edge.   Lots of our so-called fans couldn't be bothered to stay for the end of that match, so they sure aren't going to bother about an already won 4-0 stroll against some rubbish opposition.  

And of course we've now got the herd mentality fully operational.   Once someone leaves, you think that's a good sign for you to leave too.   So it snowballs into what we saw yesterday.      And as a few people have already said, it wasn't even an 8pm KO on a school night ... not even the excuse of having to get the kids home early, or up for work early the following day!

Yes, the amount leaving early yesterday was terrible.  But it's been terrible for years.   Yesterday was just that bit even more terrible than normal.       Will we set a new record on Wednesday night?   Will it be even more absolutely terrible, than yesterday's terrible showing?    Watch this space ...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Section was great yesterday. Weird to say but it's not always easy to keep a good atmosphere going when games are one-sided like that, so credit to those who did. Loved LSF going well too.

As for whoever asked about why Ben Nelson's got a chant... it was just a spontaneous thing - something I know will shock a few on here who bizzarely think every chant coming from that part of the ground is rehearsed and scheduled in advance.

The ridiculing at the back of the section towards those singing the Ben Nelson song is what tipped me over the edge yesterday.

Stood there offering **** all themselves and then thought it was funny to mock that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The ridiculing at the back of the section towards those singing the Ben Nelson song is what tipped me over the edge yesterday.

Stood there offering **** all themselves and then thought it was funny to mock that

Fvcking hell, really? 4-0 up and I reckon the lads who give it their best all game, every game are entitled to have a bit of fun with what they choose to sing.

Ah well, whatever. Don't like it then the solution is simple... outsing them.

• Like 1

I just find it sad that so many people leave early, you are always going to have a small percentage leave early but seems to be a growing trend. I just hope when it is a tight game and the players need our support to see them through that it will be different( i was trying to think what it was like for the Sunderland game when we really were holding on) Yesterday just assume it was down to the fact the game was over after 60

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Fvcking hell, really? 4-0 up and I reckon the lads who give it their best all game, every game are entitled to have a bit of fun with what they choose to sing.

Ah well, whatever. Don't like it then the solution is simple... outsing them.

Made me sing it louder tbf 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Section was great yesterday. Weird to say but it's not always easy to keep a good atmosphere going when games are one-sided like that, so credit to those who did. Loved LSF going well too.

As for whoever asked about why Ben Nelson's got a chant... it was just a spontaneous thing - something I know will shock a few on here who bizzarely think every chant coming from that part of the ground is rehearsed and scheduled in advance.

I asked originally but absolutely no mocking from me, I actually enjoyed it lol only thing is I didn’t know the tune whether it was made up or it was actually a tune but fair play.. i did hear couple of negatives at the back as they like to share their views so everyone around hears them, people you just want to turn around and tell them to shut the f up……… :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I asked originally but absolutely no mocking from me, I actually enjoyed it lol only thing is I didn’t know the tune whether it was made up or it was actually a tune but fair play.. i did hear couple of negatives at the back as they like to share their views so everyone around hears them, people you just want to turn around and tell them to shut the f up……… :D

Recycled Ben Marshall chant from over a decade ago!

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Why?

Oh just a general comment on the current topic of the thread - entitled fans sitting on their hands all game moaning, then buggering off ten minutes early because they don't want to miss their Emmerdale omnibus.

A lot of us don't deserve this current team and the success we're having. Lovely that Ben got a chant right out the box from UFS, but such a shame the ground was half empty within 3 minutes of him coming on. If I was a player making my home debut I'd certainly notice it.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1