Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I get people saying it is not a bad result given the form of both teams but not a great result at all, especially leading so late.

The second point about the Championship view goes back to mine last week about certain fans not being too bothered where we play because they'll be there. It isn't appealing at all.

When I starting going with my kids , we were in the championship and getting gates of 18-22000 

Got up to 27-8000 for the bigger games.

I loved it but the Prem is the place to be and it can take a lot of bouncing back to get there again.

Every time you get a promising player, they get snapped up by richer clubs that can pay more.

If you think it's been hard to hold onto our best players, just wait till we're back down there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Incredibly alarming that people perceive this to be an acceptable way to behave. Assuming they’re of age, his grandchildren should be calling him out.

I can't believe anyone has thoughts like that anymore. 

Even if your weird enough to think like that, you should keep those thoughts to yourself 

8 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

When I starting going with my kids , we were in the championship and getting gates of 18-22000 

I loved it but the Prem is the place to be and it can take a lot of bouncing back to get there again.

Every time you get a promising player, they get snapped up by richer clubs that can pay more.

If you think it's been hard to hold onto our best players, just wait till we're back down there

Yeh you read a lot of comments on here promoting the championship, don't get it at all. So many midweek games, playing in front of 300 Preston fans on a Tuesday night in Feb singing 'Burnley get battered everywhere they go' and 'Preston are massive everywhere we go' amongst other unoriginal crap seems a world away and something I do not want to go back to.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

When I heard the line ‘yeah don’t forgot where we were’, that’s exactly the point. Don’t throw away the biggest opportunity LCFC has had to be a top flight fixture. 

I keep hearing ‘yeah but the Championship is more fun’. It’s not. It’s ****ing crap. Charged upwards of £40 for away tickets. Games on Thursday nights and whacky times. More midweek games played to empty seats. It’s a bloody mundane slog. As good as Burnley for example have been this season their swuad still needs huge investment to compete next season in the PL. 

It's huge cope to pretend going down would be good. I think you would probably have a few better aways but people are remembering it through the view of the year we got promoted. Drawing at home to Ipswich before losing 2-0 at Blackburn at the weekend isn't going to be any fun, especially relative to what we've witnessed recently.

It would get very boring, especially if we stayed in the league longer than a year.

People anchoring us to where we were is a disgrace. And yet they would still not question this ownership / manager. It would be "well they took us there once and I'm always grateful" even though that isn't really the case.

17 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

When we first were in the Prem, a match day Saturday the city buzzed. Like pubs packed out, people walking around. Yesterday there was a little nod to that I felt but it’s gonna be stuck a shame if that atmosphere of those occasions goes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I get people saying it is not a bad result given the form of both teams but not a great result at all, especially leading so late.

The second point about the Championship view goes back to mine last week about certain fans not being too bothered where we play because they'll be there. It isn't appealing at all.

It's not a good result. This is what that whole "draws kill you" means. It lulls you into a false sense of security.

I'd say the latter is what we currently have and the longer we have it, the likelier we are to go down. We are 14th with less points per game than Leeds got last season (despite coming 17th). Honestly, I think we'd be better off having lost 0-3 yesterday and forcing a serious reality check from the hierarchy - but now there's no chance it comes so we've wasted at least the next two games on him as well.

We're likely to be winless in 9 games - quite possible that Brighton is our only point in that period too. We needed wins over them and Fulham. We got 1 point and the manager is under no pressure. It's criminal.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

I can't believe anyone has thoughts like that anymore. 

Even if your weird enough to think like that, you should keep those thoughts to yourself 

I think that you’d be surprised, unfortunately. It’s really shocking I know - wish that more of our fans had kicked up a fuss. Vile racist who shouldn’t come back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Munshi said:

I’d rather stand in complete silence than have to listen to that shit again. Unbearable. 

If the furthest people can go to show some support is smack a plastic clapper about then we have no hope. 

We struggle to clap without them mate 

55 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's not a good result. This is what that whole "draws will you" means. It lulls you into a false sense of security.

I'd say the latter is what we currently have and the longer we have it, the likelier we are to go down. We are 14th with less points per game than Leeds got last season (despite coming 17th). Honestly, I think we'd be better off having lost 0-3 yesterday and forcing a serious reality check from the hierarchy - but now there's no chance it comes so we've wasted at least the next two games on him as well.

We're likely to be winless in 9 games - quite possible that Brighton is our only point in that period too. We needed wins over them and Fulham. We got 1 point and the manager is under no pressure. It's criminal.

We won't be winless in 9, we could play like we did before WC and be fine. Manger's always under pressure.

Couple of things I noticed yesterday:

The players didn't really celebrate the goals with the normal jubilation. Neither did the fans. Might've been due to the expected VAR check, especially after Albrighton goal. 

Secondly, how much out of touch Foxestalk is with the match going fanbase. I didn't hear any rumblings about Rodgers from where I sit. Probably apathy and/or complacency. 

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Still pissed off reading this the next day.

Bunch of vile thugs that spent their afternoon stood outside collecting food for the homeless

Yep exactly, she has been digging at you guys for a few game now. Literally no need for it. If it was me speaking to her how she spoke to me I would have been banned. 

23 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

When I heard the line ‘yeah don’t forgot where we were’, that’s exactly the point. Don’t throw away the biggest opportunity LCFC has had to be a top flight fixture. 

I keep hearing ‘yeah but the Championship is more fun’. It’s not. It’s ****ing crap. Charged upwards of £40 for away tickets. Games on Thursday nights and whacky times. More midweek games played to empty seats. It’s a bloody mundane slog. As good as Burnley for example have been this season their swuad still needs huge investment to compete next season in the PL. 

Spot on that.

• Like 1

Brighton fan -

Leicester is a strange club, fully plasticised. No atmosphere, no support, couldn't muster a roar when they scored but liked a little dance to the goal music. Then sprinkle on some vile cretinous behaviour and there you have it.

I'm sure they used to be a proper club before they used admin to steal their new ground and win the PL by default. Be good to see them return to the championship

hard to actually argue with any of this to be honest. Only irony is that Brighton aren't much better on the plasticized front...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ashfosse said:

Brighton fan -

hard to actually argue with any of this to be honest. Only irony is that Brighton aren't much better on the plasticized front...

Every club in England turns this way when there isn't a single thing worth getting excited for.

As you've said, Brighton have been the same in years gone by. This was the first time i'd gone to a Leicester vs Brighton game and actually heard the away end - even then, outside of a few chants after their first goal they were hardly raucous. 

9 minutes ago, ashfosse said:

Brighton fan -

Always sad to read that, but it’s nothing we don’t know. Just shows it’s not the same at every club and our support has fallen off a cliff.

It does kind of feel like we're a victim of our own success a little bit - almost like winning the league and the FA Cup in a short space of time (for a club like us) has spoilt us a little bit and made a lot of our fans just go into autopilot mode when it comes to attending games. There's no real drive there with a big percentage of fans and I'll be honest I'll put myself in this category too. I can't explain it just haven't got 'up' for a game in quite a while. 

On the other hand, I've not been to as many games this season due to £ and on top of that we've also been playing poorly this season so maybe it could just be that we need more passion and fight or more entertainment on the pitch to get us off our seats.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Always sad to read that, but it’s nothing we don’t know. Just shows it’s not the same at every club and our support has fallen off a cliff.

Not sure they should be throwing stones on the "plastic" front when they averaged 6K home attendances in our League 1 season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It does kind of feel like we're a victim of our own success a little bit - almost like winning the league and the FA Cup in a short space of time (for a club like us) has spoilt us a little bit and made a lot of our fans just go into autopilot mode when it comes to attending games. There's no real drive there with a big percentage of fans and I'll be honest I'll put myself in this category too. I can't explain it just haven't got 'up' for a game in quite a while. 

On the other hand, I've not been to as many games this season due to £ and on top of that we've also been playing poorly this season so maybe it could just be that we need more passion and fight or more entertainment on the pitch to get us off our seats.

I think the pandemic can be added to the reasons. Affected all clubs to an extent but not attending for a season or so has really taken the edge off. I've struggled to get back into it and don't feel the same buzz when trudging down Raw Dykes Road. Could take a while to rejuvenate, if ever. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not sure they should be throwing stones on the "plastic" front when they averaged 6K home attendances in our League 1 season. 

Good reason for that like. They couldn’t fit anymore in where they were playing. But they’d have done well to get 12 to 15k