Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

16 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Atmosphere so horrible I finally told my old man I'm giving it up next season after 20 years of sitting next to each other. 

It's a depressing place down there even after a 4-0 win and I've realised it's not good for me carry on pretending I want to go. 

I would imagine every team that is top of its respective league has a far more positive feeling than our place. 

the irony of your posts on here

Just now, Rossiter said:

Correct. Grown men in bobble hats when it's 10 degrees. Players wearing gloves. 

Absolutely, this bloke sat in front of me with a pink bobble hat halfway on his head, he was probably 6ft so obscured my view, thankfully he sat somewhere else second half, it wasn't that cold yesterday, I saw a guy there is shorts 

I don't want to side with the early leavers, as I agree it's ridiculous to miss out on a good percentage of the game just to avoid half an hour of traffic. 

One point though, are there still the road closures at the moment resulting in the traffic being much worse? Or has that all cleared now?

I'm hoping the recent trend is a result of that.

People can leave whenever they want really but it is not a good look - especially for the players. Maybe a bit demoralising for the players and management & Top. They train hard all week, put their bodies on the line. A bit if appreciation at the end of a 4-0 win is the least we can do imo.

can't be arsed to read another 10 pages just now, but yesterday I decided to sit in SK4, and to be honest, after reading some of the posts on here I wasn't particularly looking forward to it. was actually a very interesting. so lets squash a few myths on here. plenty of people around me singing and joining in and was a group towards sk3 at the back who were trying to start a few things. it wasn't mental but a lot better than people on here would let you believe. their fans were decent, couldn't knock them after a long journey and being 4-0 down. could hear L1 every now and again, but here's the kicker, and clearly comes to the stadium acoustics, couldn't hear a single peep out of the singing section, and i'm not exaggerating either, nothing. a couple of quick looks over to that section just saw some people bouncing up and down and demented flag waving. oh and i left my seat at 89 minutes and walked out when the added time sign went up as I had a lift to a party waiting, sue me

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

can't be arsed to read another 10 pages just now, but yesterday I decided to sit in SK4, and to be honest, after reading some of the posts on here I wasn't particularly looking forward to it. was actually a very interesting. so lets squash a few myths on here. plenty of people around me singing and joining in and was a group towards sk3 at the back who were trying to start a few things. it wasn't mental but a lot better than people on here would let you believe. their fans were decent, couldn't knock them after a long journey and being 4-0 down. could hear L1 every now and again, but here's the kicker, and clearly comes to the stadium acoustics, couldn't hear a single peep out of the singing section, and i'm not exaggerating either, nothing. a couple of quick looks over to that section just saw some people bouncing up and down and demented flag waving. oh and i left my seat at 89 minutes and walked out when the added time sign went up as I had a lift to a party waiting, sue me

I think it just comes back to many original points that everyone needs to be in the same place. Different pockets everywhere never works 

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

I think it just comes back to many original points that everyone needs to be in the same place. Different pockets everywhere never works 

and like i've said many times, if people wanted to jump up and down waving scarfs around and flags all game whilst looking around to see if others are joining in they'd be already doing it

• Like 1

'A' Block is rarely exactly noisy but it was deathly quiet yesterday. Even my mate who never fails to impress with his efforts to get songs going (though rarely successful) wasn't trying.

I don't think it's because of attitude or not caring or whatever though.  Can't speak for everyone obviously, but from my friendship groups, family, work colleagues, and other people I meet through work, I just think everyone's knackered and a bit worn down. There's not the energy or passion about to support the club in the same way as there perhaps has been in the past. Post pandemic come down, cost of living crisis, a general sense that things are getting shiter rather than improving as time goes on - there's any number of reasons.

As for leaving early, there's always been a few folk who are genuinely pushed for time, have a bus to catch or whatever. Yesterday was extreme though, and I'm starting to wonder if this is about attention spans  - we're 4-0 up, I wanted City to win and now that's beyond doubt and I've got what I want, what's the point of hanging about? What's the next thing? I could be in the pub etc.

Good morning all

a) I wasn't at the game

b) I fully support UFS, and I have contributed financially

c) the acoustics of the ground are unhelpful, to say the least

d) the club does not do nearly enough to address the complex issues surrounding the creation of good atmosphere

e) a percentage of people have always been, and always will be, a bit thick

Edited by HighPeakFox
Schoolboy error

1 minute ago, lcfcjosh said:

people like this 🤮

IMG_2934.jpeg

The notion of 'I paid for my ticket so I can do what I want' is absurd and extremely selfish when it comes to live football. 

Using that logic is like saying its fine for someone to buy out our allocation at a cup final but leave it empty simply because they've paid.

Oh so it looks like we've got to the point now where one or two are wanting to dictate what we wear to the football now as well.

Hats and scarves and gloves soon to be banned I hope unless it's below a certain temperature. Classic.

Anyway, see you all again on Wednesday night/Thursday morning and Saturday evening/Sunday morning in two weeks when we go through this merry go round yet again of the same posts and the same whining and the same things being said by the same people over and over and over.

• Like 4

I understand the frustration about people leaving early, but the lack of atmosphere should get people more riled up. Would you rather have people that contribute to the atmosphere and leave on 85 mins, or people that sit in silence and moan for 90 mins but stay and clap the players off at the end? Ideally you'd have the best of both, but I'd take the former in that scenario.

I actually thought the atmosphere wasn't too bad yesterday (for us) and an improvement on the Watford game. The Union FS lads looked like they were really going for it (hats off) and I could hear that section a fair bit. It does look like (judging from hands above head in the distance) that a fair amount of people around that section just stand and don't join in? Like what is the point, just wasting seats for other people. 

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do unless the club creates a designated stand for everyone to congregate together, which I highly doubt will happen. Basically we need the Middlesbrough model. Sure, there would still be loads of silent periods, but we'd get proper lift offs after goals and periods of good atmosphere. One of the things we can do is to clean up our songbook. I've got lots of ideas on this, but it would have to come from UFS really. 

Edited by Chris_OGrady

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

'A' Block is rarely exactly noisy but it was deathly quiet yesterday. Even my mate who never fails to impress with his efforts to get songs going (though rarely successful) wasn't trying.

I don't think it's because of attitude or not caring or whatever though.  Can't speak for everyone obviously, but from my friendship groups, family, work colleagues, and other people I meet through work, I just think everyone's knackered and a bit worn down. There's not the energy or passion about to support the club in the same way as there perhaps has been in the past. Post pandemic come down, cost of living crisis, a general sense that things are getting shiter rather than improving as time goes on - there's any number of reasons.

As for leaving early, there's always been a few folk who are genuinely pushed for time, have a bus to catch or whatever. Yesterday was extreme though, and I'm starting to wonder if this is about attention spans  - we're 4-0 up, I wanted City to win and now that's beyond doubt and I've got what I want, what's the point of hanging about? What's the next thing? I could be in the pub etc.

Dude, one of the best things of TV coverage of leicester city away matches is the supporters staying after the final whistle to cheer the team 😀

4-0 up and not wanting to cheer your team afterwards? Watch it on TV maybe?

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The notion of 'I paid for my ticket so I can do what I want' is absurd and extremely selfish when it comes to live football. 

Using that logic is like saying its fine for someone to buy out our allocation at a cup final but leave it empty simply because they've paid.

Capitalism in a nutshell. See also buying players and not selling them (see also Bosman ruling)

Edited by tinpot_fox
Spelling

13 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Another really sad aspect to today was the really poor reception that the Birch, Howard and Bamba got from the fans at half time. 

It was truly sad how little appreciation was shown 

I came back from the loo hearing the Bamba chant and thinking what was going on. Then realised.