Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

7 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

yeah exactly you said it (for a change) , this guy bloke says he leaves early every time what’s the point in going support from minute one to the final whistle 

so what? doesn't effect me 1 iota if he's goes on 5 minutes or 10 minutes after the final whistle, and my point stands, does anyone seriously think the players are all whatsapping each other today moaning that people had left before full time?

19 minutes ago, guest123 said:

so what? doesn't effect me 1 iota if he's goes on 5 minutes or 10 minutes after the final whistle, and my point stands, does anyone seriously think the players are all whatsapping each other today moaning that people had left before full time?

What if every fan thought this way though and at 90 mins the stadium was empty - do you think that would look bad?

We are in the singing section, family behind us always arrive just in time for WYS, go down for beers on 40 mins and don’t usually get back until 5 mins into the second half.  They then leave on 90 mins at the latest.  But they sing and chant continuously throughout the game so nobody can say they don’t contribute to the atmosphere.  We have quite a distance to travel so arrive early to get a decent parking space, stay to applaud the players off to avoid the crush on the stairs and usually go for a cheeky Nandos while the traffic dies down.  Everyone’s circumstances are different, we have no need to rush home because we are all at the match but that’s not the case for all.

I am sure the players would love to see the ground full as they walk round at the end but I bet they are more spurred on by the amount of encouragement they get during the game.  We are bringing my 85 year old Mum to the Rotherham game and I am sitting with her in the wheelchair section so it will be interesting to see how loud it is at pitch level in front of SK1 rather than at the back.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, guest123 said:

I think when a player is looking around at various clubs to join, and each of the clubs are offering similar deals; the fans, the stadium, the atmosphere, are a pull factor.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, guest123 said:

Doesn't really matter if it does anything to you. You don't play. I think some of the players would be unimpressed 

Old boys around me arrive just before kick off, clearly after a few drinks. Normally have at least 1 visit to the loo each half and pop down at about 40 mins for a half time pint, and are usually gone at about 85 mins. Caught them singing 'straight back up' once or twice, but they aren't the sort to make much noise. I once expressed an opinion they didn't like last season, and i got a bit of 'we've been coming here for over 40 years', but we all quickly got over it. Lovely chaps though who clearly love the club, and are very knowledgeable about the game.

I think for a lot of people who have been coming for a long time and have seen everything, there is an element of coming to the game fitting in with your weekend rather than defining your weekend. If you think leaving early gets you in home for tea, and you've been doing it for years, I don't think much will change their minds except for exceptional circumstances. 

However, i've said time and time again, this happens everywhere - not just in football, and i think there are people who are convinced if they leave a early they are outsmarting the system.  I was shocked how quickly the London Stadium emptied the few times ive seen West Ham play (seriously shocked), and i was at a preview of We Will Rock You earlier this year where Brian May made an appearance, and huge amounts of people around me missed as they left just before the encore. 

I have a colleague at work who is a Liverpool season ticket holder who says the same about Anfield. She goes with her dad, and if she didn't drag him out of the pub there is no way he would get to games on time, and he's always trying to leave early to get his order in quicker than anyone else.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Truly groundhog day in here lol

The same people saying they enjoyed it, the same people saying they hated it, the same excuses and (rightly) the Strictly brigade being pulled up for leaving early. 

Oh, and @LeicesterFoxChampion liking any post that's remotely anti UFS.

I noticed that too. Weird how some people actively criticise the section. 

Is it time for some minor tweaks to the chants?

Leicester boys are we,

pies at half past three, 

through the good times and the bad,

we sometimes back the lads, 

our partners have to rush match-day infidelity.

(Last line needs work)

We hate Nottingham Forest,

we hate Forest too (and traffic).

(We won’t hear you) blow your ****ing whistle.

Edited by Bum Scissors
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Oh just a general comment on the current topic of the thread - entitled fans sitting on their hands all game moaning, then buggering off ten minutes early because they don't want to miss their Emmerdale omnibus.

A lot of us don't deserve this current team and the success we're having. Lovely that Ben got a chant right out the box from UFS, but such a shame the ground was half empty within 3 minutes of him coming on. If I was a player making my home debut I'd certainly notice it.

That's on on Sundays 

Apparently :ph34r:

• Haha 1