Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, nathan. said:

After the highs we had fans can be forgiven for struggling to get up for games in the championship.

Don’t go then? This is exactly the problem. I’m desperate to win every game and our success made me even hungrier for more. Comes back to my original point of a complete lack of passion in the stands. Really worrying where we are at

Just now, nathan. said:

If it was Atletico Madrid in the Champions League instead of Millwall in the Championship on Wednesday it would be a different story.

The club let the fans down it’s as simple as that.

Possibly correct, it's hard to get to excited when we are not trying to experience new waters but just putting right an inexcusable relegation.This was caused by the most nastiest little narcissistic **** ever employed by the club,and condoned by a weak board and ownership at that time

• Like 2

Guest nathan.
Just now, cropstonfox said:

Possibly correct, it's hard to get to excited when we are not trying to experience new waters but just putting right an inexcusable relegation.This was caused by the most nastiest little narcissistic **** ever employed by the club,and condoned by a weak board and ownership at that time

I know I’m correct I just find it strange how the numbers haven’t suffered.

10 minutes ago, nathan. said:

If it was Atletico Madrid in the Champions League instead of Millwall in the Championship on Wednesday it would be a different story.

The club let the fans down it’s as simple as that.

Is that a reason to leave early or not sing our hearts out for our current team? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Probably too late to implement for the game on Wednesday but could probably sort out a singing section for the Rotherham game @SystonFox thinks the top of P3 is pretty decent get up there with your kids 

Well it will be too late won’t it as tickets have already been sold but it isn’t a bad idea. Get them just beneath the gallery waving flags and producing tifos. I’m thinking a “let slip the dogs of war” tribute with a poodle and mr tumble wearing an lcfc dolce gusto orange kit. 

but if people were interested we could get something going another game. We need like minded people not people who go “it weren’t bouncing in p2 the atmosphere is flat”

3 minutes ago, guest123 said:

nonsense

come on the @Matt, i called someone else out earlier for chatting shit and they ran off so now your turn. now I was at the west ham game when we got relegated, I was also there yesterday. so can you please back up how, with any evidence at all, how you think that west ham game when we went down and players walked around to empty stands compares to anything this weekend? probably will get a bit of abuse but no answer

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Is that a reason to leave early or not sing our hearts out for our current team? 

I’d rather people stay and applaud but I fully understand the mentality in the stands.

Won’t comment on the noise aspect because that debate just goes round in circles.

I would like to say though that I think the leaving early thing is awful and definitely worse than last time we were in the Championship (when the atmosphere was also shit).

The number of people left in the stadium at 4-0 up is more like you’d expect at 4-0 down. It’s just so poor.

What can be done? The club spends a lot of time on the pre-match offering, maybe it’s time to think about a post-match offering, especially for the sort of families who seem to be the ones buggering off at 85mins literally every week? 

9 minutes ago, guest123 said:

come on the @Matt, i called someone else out earlier for chatting shit and they ran off so now your turn. now I was at the west ham game when we got relegated, I was also there yesterday. so can you please back up how, with any evidence at all, how you think that west ham game when we went down and players walked around to empty stands compares to anything this weekend? probably will get a bit of abuse but no answer

Compare any video from full time of that match to full time of yesterdays match.

Or pictures for that matter.

Edited by Matt

31 minutes ago, nathan. said:

After the highs we had fans can be forgiven for struggling to get up for games in the championship.

I get what you mean but I was hoping it'd allow us to galvanise abit more, give us that hunger and desire as a fanbase once again on and off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Compare any video from full time of that match to full time of yesterdays match.

Or pictures for that matter.

i was at both, some div already posted a photo that contradicted their on stupid argument. if you think you can prove more fans were still there at the west ham game then feel free to prove it

Whilst I know some people are fully behind these tactics because they understand the finer details etc, the majority of fans just go to watch an entertaining game of football and probably see our current style of play as some of the most boring & negative football they've watched for years.

We've gone from counter attacking top teams in the Premier League, to passing it around at the back against Plymouth. Rightly or wrongly, of course the atmosphere will suffer.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Whilst I know some people are fully behind these tactics because they understand the finer details etc, the majority of fans just go to watch an entertaining game of football and probably see our current style of play as some of the most boring & negative football they've watched for years.

We've gone from counter attacking top teams in the Premier League, to passing it around at the back against Plymouth. Rightly or wrongly, of course the atmosphere will suffer.

and won 4-0

2 minutes ago, guest123 said:

and won 4-0

Yep, not doubting that, and not saying I agree with it, but don't forget this forum represents a small minority of the fan base.

If you were to ask every fan in the stadium if they thought the football was exciting or boring, I'd be confident more would say boring.

It's evident from the moans and groans. Again, not saying its right, but the majority aren't behind this style of play, mostly likely because they don't understand the finer details of it & have been so used to us being quite direct in our not so distant success.

Edited by adejo92

17 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Where have you been for the best part of 5 years?!

We haven't counter attacked in the Premier League for many years.

You have a point however, see - Man City, I wouldn't say they have a very fierce atmosphere and you only have to look at the amount of empty seats despite their successes.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2