Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Whilst I know some people are fully behind these tactics because they understand the finer details etc, the majority of fans just go to watch an entertaining game of football and probably see our current style of play as some of the most boring & negative football they've watched for years.

We've gone from counter attacking top teams in the Premier League, to passing it around at the back against Plymouth. Rightly or wrongly, of course the atmosphere will suffer.

The atmosphere was terrible when we were challenging for the top 4 under Rodgers. It’s a complete excuse. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Where have you been for the best part of 5 years?!

We haven't counter attacked in the Premier League for years.

No, not like when we won it and stuff, but we've never been as slow & negative at building up as we are now.

Successful or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

No, not like when we won it and stuff, but we've never been as slow & negative at building up as we are now.

Successful or not.

Words fail me if you see this as slower and negative than the last 2 years and i'd go as far back as 5 in truth (The odd half season exempt within that time).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Would be a good idea for the food and drink outlets to remain open for an hour after the final whistle and a bit of post match entertainment.

By then the traffic would be gone we  could  all have an extra cuppa/pint/pie.Also a free stage for local bands /entertainers to do their stuff.

Or you could leave 10 minutes early and have a cuppa at home.

:ph34r:

Guest nathan.
3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The atmosphere was terrible when we were challenging for the top 4 under Rodgers. It’s a complete excuse. 

The atmosphere changed after we bottled the top 4 two years in a row.

Then it was down hill from there and ultimately led to relegation.

im honestly sitting here reading this and genuinely baffled now. what is it people want? as stated earlier i was in SK4 and it was ok, nothing mad but was ok. are we really getting to the point now that it's soooooo shit unless we do 4 hours of the poznan and have pyro going off like sydney at new years eve?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Would be a good idea for the food and drink outlets to remain open for an hour after the final whistle and a bit of post match entertainment.

By then the traffic would be gone we  could  all have an extra cuppa/pint/pie.Also a free stage for local bands /entertainers to do their stuff.

This has crossed my mind as an idea.

Brighton do it as Falmer Station gets snarled up and takes ages to queue for a train. It works well.

I know what's coming (rightly so)....slow concourse service, concourse prices and shit beer on offer - that can be changed and it'd be a good initiative. 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, guest123 said:

come on the @Matt, i called someone else out earlier for chatting shit and they ran off so now your turn. now I was at the west ham game when we got relegated, I was also there yesterday. so can you please back up how, with any evidence at all, how you think that west ham game when we went down and players walked around to empty stands compares to anything this weekend? probably will get a bit of abuse but no answer

Ran off here meaning "has a life outside this forum and isn't spending their Sunday in an online dick measuring contest". The ground was essentially half empty at full time yesterday. If you want to be pedantic and claim it was only 40% emptied then be my guest, you're not right in any meaningful way 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

Ran off here meaning "has a life outside this forum and isn't spending their Sunday in an online dick measuring contest". The ground was essentially half empty at full time yesterday. If you want to be pedantic and claim it was only 40% emptied then be my guest, you're not right in any meaningful way 

FFS mate, you literally posted a photo that showed you were chatting shit. don't make me make you look a wally again

Just now, nathan. said:

Yes

19/20 season was ok at home but there were many times when Rodgers asked for more from the fans. It was still quiet for the majority. We had games it was good, Arsenal, Burnley at home I remember but Watford home for example was awful. I think it’s from the title win imo it changed

6 minutes ago, guest123 said:

FFS mate, you literally posted a photo that showed you were chatting shit. don't make me make you look a wally again

Again implies you've done it before, which is optimistic. But sure, let's go back to that photo and block out the away endPXL_20231209_1649370502.jpg.d42d746bce55219c91726c5eafb148d53.thumb.jpg.a8d525823b6c8491dd23cc64d6f5c3f4.jpg

You telling me the family stand and huge chunks of the easy stand haven't cleared off and they've just come dressed as empty seats?

Hell, I was up in the back of SK2 and was out into the concourses within like 2 minutes rather than waiting on the stairs for ages, such was the number of people who cleared off before full-time. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Where have you been for the best part of 5 years?!

We haven't counter attacked in the Premier League for many years.

You have a point however, see - Man City, I wouldn't say they have a very fierce atmosphere and you only have to look at the amount of empty seats despite their successes.

Man City have never had a fierce atmosphere, and a decent local fan base. I respect them for this, ground is not full of tourists..yet. Ask any Man City fan and I’d be gobsmacked and embarrassed for them if they had any issue with their teams style of play 

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Successful or not.

Nonsense. Last year was awful, pointless aimless passing without purpose. This season it's all about drawing the opposition and then breaking through with fast passing. There's a pattern this season based on quick wingers and a change of formation. The final 18 months of Rodgers were Puel-esque.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1