Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Nonsense. Last year was awful, pointless aimless passing without purpose. This season it's all about drawing the opposition and then breaking through with fast passing. There's a pattern this season based on quick wingers and a change of formation. The final 18 months of Rodgers were Puel-esque.

Cheers Enzo.

19 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Nonsense. Last year was awful, pointless aimless passing without purpose. This season it's all about drawing the opposition and then breaking through with fast passing. There's a pattern this season based on quick wingers and a change of formation. The final 18 months of Rodgers were Puel-esque.

Fully agree how can a lcfc fan post something so ****ing wrong. Truly pathetic!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 09/12/2023 at 22:44, Noahfence said:

What is the general feeling inside the stadium towards Enzo? I often hear the cry of gerrit forward picked up on the mic 

The silent majority think he’s doing great. It’s the one or two moaners that make all the noise at the game and on social media. There was one guy behind me who constantly moaned about Mahrez in 15/16 ffs & he’s now one of the lump it forward moaners. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Again implies you've done it before, which is optimistic. But sure, let's go back to that photo and block out the away endPXL_20231209_1649370502.jpg.d42d746bce55219c91726c5eafb148d53.thumb.jpg.a8d525823b6c8491dd23cc64d6f5c3f4.jpg

You telling me the family stand and huge chunks of the easy stand haven't cleared off and they've just come dressed as empty seats?

Hell, I was up in the back of SK2 and was out into the concourses within like 2 minutes rather than waiting on the stairs for ages, such was the number of people who cleared off before full-time. 

I remember my year 1 school report for science stating that I understand that two bottles can have the same amount of water in and look different because of the shape of the bottle.

Guesty was obviously absent that day and thinks that because every section has someone in the ground is packed out.

Genuinely hope he made the best of his Sunday checking this thread every 5 minutes though.

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

In general, our fans just don’t care enough. 

If you leave early, it’s because you’d rather save that time than see a potential last minute winner. I understood it last season, but it makes no sense this year. 

Atmosphere comes down to effort and we don’t have enough fans that care. Win, lose or draw - hoards will sit in silence and/or leave early.

Leeds, Newcastle, Everton, Palace…whoever. They might boo or leave when they’re getting hammered. 

Yeah Everton might boo when they’re shit but it’s because they’re angry. Our fans should’ve been enraged last year and instead they just filed for the exits. Our celebrations are tame and so is our frustration. It’s all just so meek. 

I highly doubt that all fans leaving early are just trying to save time getting out of the ground to get home.

38 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

I highly doubt that all fans leaving early are just trying to save time getting out of the ground to get home.

I think they're leaving early because they think the result is beyond doubt, which is why it was so bad on Saturday, and don't see the point in hanging around.

It's short attention spans innit? You come to the game wanting City to win, and as soon as that's certain or you've convinced yourself that's not going to happen, off you toddle

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

If I may at least wade in with some positive feedback - enjoyed it in SK1 on Saturday. Decent throughout and was buzzing after our goal rush in the second half. Hats off once again to UFS, I dread to think what the ground would be like right now without you. :scarf:

Well played.   We need a bit of that.    Some of our fans are currently getting into a whirlpool of downbeat self-flagellation misery.

This thread has turned more into 'Stadium half full' than 'stadium atmosphere'.

The people consistently leaving early are unlikely to contribute to the atmosphere as they evidently don't care.

So other than the poor aesthetics of swathes of empty seats it actually doesn't affect the atmosphere if they're present or not.

Keeps being said but if you're pissed off with the poor atmosphere move to the section in SK1.

Been said that it can't be heard much from other areas but it's rocking in there, was great on Saturday.

Even our away ends are pretty dire now.

The home comparison to man city is a valid one to some extent, however their away ends always seem decent despite the "boring" possession football they play.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Again implies you've done it before, which is optimistic. But sure, let's go back to that photo and block out the away endPXL_20231209_1649370502.jpg.d42d746bce55219c91726c5eafb148d53.thumb.jpg.a8d525823b6c8491dd23cc64d6f5c3f4.jpg

You telling me the family stand and huge chunks of the easy stand haven't cleared off and they've just come dressed as empty seats?

Hell, I was up in the back of SK2 and was out into the concourses within like 2 minutes rather than waiting on the stairs for ages, such was the number of people who cleared off before full-time. 

I love that you've redacted the away end for absolutely no reason lmao

25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I really don't know what to say if you found the football we played on Saturday to be boring. We scored four goals and could well have scored more! 

I thought we were excellent but the game soon fizzled out when both teams took their best players off and played in 2nd gear. Nothing really happened in the last 20 minutes.

50 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

This thread has turned more into 'Stadium half full' than 'stadium atmosphere'.

The people consistently leaving early are unlikely to contribute to the atmosphere as they evidently don't care.

So other than the poor aesthetics of swathes of empty seats it actually doesn't affect the atmosphere if they're present or not.

Keeps being said but if you're pissed off with the poor atmosphere move to the section in SK1.

Been said that it can't be heard much from other areas but it's rocking in there, was great on Saturday.

Even our away ends are pretty dire now.

The home comparison to man city is a valid one to some extent, however their away ends always seem decent despite the "boring" possession football they play.

And even Man City don’t have this pathetic excuse of “well we’ve won everything so hard to get up for games” 

11 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Translation*

How dare an lcfc fan express an opinion that differs from that of the Foxestalk mafia.

There's always an evident cluster of posters on here who jump on anyone who dares to offer a differing opinion. Sometimes I wonder if the same cluster ever actually voice their genuine thoughts or just stick to those that conform with the mafia majority so they can remain 'included'.

I’m sorry, but it appears that you are wrong! 

when we have a former player at the club and pundit annoyed at our atmosphere (Matt Piper for those who didn't see)... it is embarrassing. I just don't get why people can't be bothered to just sing a few words and join in. Section is so great to be in and the people there really enjoy the game most of the time. The more the moaners let loose the more they would enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Can’t remember who it was but I have a vague memory of someone at FIFA arguing that in the smartphone era, 90 mins is too long for a football game because everyone’s attention spans have been shredded. 

Thought it was cobblers at the time but maybe there’s something in it? 

Mind you, other clubs seem to be able to keep people in the ground at 4-0 up. 

I’ve followed for over 30 years, since when did it become a competition who sings or who stays the longest, people pay hard earned money to attend the games, they are entitled to do what they want and when they want, our home support has never been good, couple of decent pens next to the away supporters in the Kop before the crazy corner, the rest of Filbert St was silent. Nothings changed apart from some individuals on social media thinking they have a right to suggest how our supporters watch and enjoy the matches! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I really don't know what to say if you found the football we played on Saturday to be boring. We scored four goals and could well have scored more! 

Agree. If you’re under 60 and you find any 4-0 win boring, well, victor meldrew eat your heart out. Just be young and happy, life is so much easier that way