Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

13 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Translation*

How dare an lcfc fan express an opinion that differs from that of the Foxestalk mafia.

There's always an evident cluster of posters on here who jump on anyone who dares to offer a differing opinion. Sometimes I wonder if the same cluster ever actually voice their genuine thoughts or just stick to those that conform with the mafia majority so they can remain 'included'.

You didn't offer a differing opinion, you made an objectively incorrect statement and a bunch of people called you out for it. 

You're allowed your opinion but if you're going to pass off stupid remarks as if they're fact in a public space then you're obviously going to get a bit of feedback. 

1 hour ago, Trev3939 said:

when we have a former player at the club and pundit annoyed at our atmosphere (Matt Piper for those who didn't see)... it is embarrassing. I just don't get why people can't be bothered to just sing a few words and join in. Section is so great to be in and the people there really enjoy the game most of the time. The more the moaners let loose the more they would enjoy it. 

I wonder what foreign players/managers think when they come to England, must be a bit of a shock to play in front of much quieter crowds.

I did chuckle to myself when I saw footage of Mourinho telling the Roma fans to 'calm down' when he was in England he was regularly trying to gee the crowds up.

Edited by purpleronnie

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder what foreign players/managers think when they come to England, must be a bit of a shock to play in front of much quieter crowds.

I did chuckle to myself when I saw footage of Mourinho telling the Roma fans to 'calm down' when he was in England he was regularly trying to gee the crowds up.

it must be rubbish. I bet Yunus feels silly with what he said about our fans. Foreign players must hate it but then again they get a big pay check so they don't mind. It is the sad reality of modern football that it will be rubbish. Won't stop me from annoying those around me by chanting as the lads need a backing from minute one to 90

There is a wider issue in that this is happening all over the country. Probably only a handful of grounds where the atmosphere is good now - and that has been engineered by clubs. 

I think some of the stuff that the club has done recently shows they are listening to an extent, but I'm not sure we'll see a return to even the levels we saw in 14/15.

If safe standing doesn't have an impact then I think you'll have to travel abroad for the atmosphere.

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You didn't offer a differing opinion, you made an objectively incorrect statement and a bunch of people called you out for it. 

You're allowed your opinion but if you're going to pass off stupid remarks as if they're fact in a public space then you're obviously going to get a bit of feedback. 

Your a bit late to the party, only just opened the mafia WhatsApp group?

:clap:

Edited by adejo92

Getting Thracian "Swan Lesta" vibes all over again. 

How paranoid do you have to be to think there's a gang on a football forum out to get you. 

Or how fragile is your ego that you'd invent one in your head before you just admitted you said something that was a bit wrong. 

Football in the UK is exactly where the powers at the top want it to be. Diluted and aimed at the fans watching on TV. It is a corporate wet dream watched in the grounds by majority of middle class and upper class and that is exactly why all atmosphere in the UK is the same. 

English football is in the top flight and beyond is done and wont recover. 

The Family stand is too big (but wont change and if it was up to the club it would probably be bigger) most of the adults in there don't care about Leicester they just take their kids that happen to have been born in the last 10 years when we are been relatively successful. They will then move out of the family stand and dilute it even more than it already is. 

I moved to the back of the Kop this season where a lot of people stand but don't do anything, they don't sing, clap or anything other than you get the odd 'send it long' 'this is shit' 'we have to be beating teams like this by at least 5' 

So to sum up our ground it is 

- East stand You wont hear a peep

- Kop (excluding SK1) full of people that are just there to say i go watch LCFC

- Family Stand - Parents that are only there for their kids and will leave at the earliest opportunity 

- West Stand (L1) most on phones checking bets or responding to the Jamie's Wife Chant - nothing else.

- West Stand (the Rest) see East stand 

The only way it improves is after the expansion they stick safe standing in the whole kop and offer everyone the new stand that doesn't want to use it. 

Would be great to get the 'section' directly behind the goal in the kop and surely that would encourage people to join in. 

None of the above will happen though as it isnt what the club wants. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I love that you've redacted the away end for absolutely no reason lmao

Those janners know what they did. 

(In all seriousness, the stadium looks more full when you see the away end as well, because their fans didn't all suddenly have family emergencies at 85 minutes)

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I stick by my opinion regardless of if its right or wrong.

An opinion can't be right or wrong, it's an opinion. Albeit, sticking by something you know to be wrong out of stubbornness is a really poor look on anyone. 

What you said wasn't an opinion, you stated a fact. You said our build up has never been as slow and negative as it is currently. These are things we can measure and it's a ridiculous statement to make because it's obviously objectively wrong. For a start, we were literally worse just at the start of this very calendar year but anyone that thinks Rodgersball was turgid has forgotten the horrors of Puelball. 

Either way, you stated a fact not an opinion and it's wrong. 

An opinion can't be on an objective truth. I can't have an opinion that 4+2=17. I can state that it is but I'd just be objectively wrong and everyone would call me an idiot. Not because there's a mafia on here (there definitely isn't, although I guess that IS an opinion to an extent so I'll just disagree on that) but just because I would indeed be being an idiot. 

For the record, if you said "Enzoball is too slow for my liking" or "I wish we played more directly", these are opinions and nobody would be jumping down your throat. Hyperbole or not, you tried to claim this is the slowest we've ever played. That's obviously wrong, you got called out. Get over it and move on. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Are there too many ST holders? 

My point being when somebody keeps renewing, are they just going because they can rather than being thrilled to be there and support the team.

Comments like it's difficult to get up for a game against Plymouth and it was cold is just bizarre to me.

23K I think.

It's impossible to police whether someone is thrilled to be there on not, there isn't an end of season survey to list out your intentions for the coming season. 

Aren't you thrilled to be there near season? No, well off you pop to the Keith Weller suite . The demand for the ST are there clearly. 

Not trying to willy pull here but I genuinely think the lack of clappers have reduced the atmosphere, I think they're sh*t but it would get some people involved who don't already and now sit silently.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

23K I think.

It's impossible to police whether someone is thrilled to be there on not, there isn't an end of season survey to list out your intentions for the coming season. 

Aren't you thrilled to be there near season? No, well off you pop to the Keith Weller suite . The demand for the ST are there clearly. 

Not trying to willy pull here but I genuinely think the lack of clappers have reduced the atmosphere, I think they're sh*t but it would get some people involved who don't already and now sit silently.  

Is there though? We're offered them as we enter the ground and as far as I'm concerned take up is still a majority, unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Football in the UK is exactly where the powers at the top want it to be. Diluted and aimed at the fans watching on TV. It is a corporate wet dream watched in the grounds by majority of middle class and upper class and that is exactly why all atmosphere in the UK is the same. 

The Family stand is too big (but wont change and if it was up to the club it would probably be bigger) most of the adults in there don't care about Leicester they just take their kids that happen to have been born in the last 10 years when we are been relatively successful. They will then move out of the family stand and dilute it even more than it already is. 

I moved to the back of the Kop this season where a lot of people stand but don't do anything, they don't sing, clap or anything other than you get the odd 'send it long' 'this is shit' 'we have to be beating teams like this by at least 5' 

- Family Stand - Parents that are only there for their kids and will leave at the earliest opportunity 

- West Stand (L1) most on phones checking bets or responding to the Jamie's Wife Chant - nothing else.

The only way it improves is after the expansion they stick safe standing in the whole kop and offer everyone the new stand that doesn't want to use it. 

Would be great to get the 'section' directly behind the goal in the kop and surely that would encourage people to join in. 

This is pretty much it. 

The authorities dont want it to be any different.

Thats said a lot of the songs sang in the Kop are too long winded for many to get behind, stick to the old classics like Blue Army, etc more join in. These new songs are not quite as catchy as well meaning as they maybe. Maybe keep it simple is the key instead of songs with many verses. 

There is also the parts where Doris get offended by people using the f-word etc. Lets face it, nothing is as good as it was. 

Trying to put my own experiences into words. Had an ST in the O’Neill days in Kop and was fairly vocal in joining in chants. Got season ticket again when we got promoted as my son was old enough to go. That and following season very exciting

last season and even half of one before was pretty dull and had an impact on atmosphere. The results are great this season but we don’t have many off the seat moments to get us going. I agree it is too quiet and I will try to do more but if everyone around is deathly quiet you kind of stop quickly 

instead of a block they should consider having the singers in a few seat at end of rows all the way down the stand. Might get more people to join in 

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

23K I think.

I've said thousands of times that clappers and cheesy, cringey chants that the hipsters hate are good for the atmosphere at the KP. 

You have to work with the demographic you've got at the ground and whether people like it or not we have a shit load of middle aged, middle class people and families and that isn't the demographic that's going to learn all the songs and most probably won't sing much at all. 

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

23K I think.

It decreases the noise in the ground but not the atmosphere. It's just pointless filler noise in the background that makes it harder for people to hear chants that are actually being sung.

At the 2010 world cup nobody (sane) said god I wish there were more vuvuzelas knocking about

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I've said thousands of times that clappers and cheesy, cringey chants that the hipsters hate are good for the atmosphere at the KP. 

You have to work with the demographic you've got at the ground and whether people like it or not we have a shit load of middle aged, middle class people and families and that isn't the demographic that's going to learn all the songs and most probably won't sing much at all. 

Plenty of clappers get brought into SK1/G1/G2 only to be forgotten about 5 minutes after kick off, so I'm not convinced they help at all, really. Not consistently, anyway.

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

On the family stand point - the family stand is actually only two blocks now. It was reduced a couple of seasons ago.

Of course, some haven’t moved into the smaller area, but the other blocks are just like the rest now in terms of buying tickets etc.

30 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

It decreases the noise in the ground but not the atmosphere. It's just pointless filler noise in the background that makes it harder for people to hear chants that are actually being sung.

At the 2010 world cup nobody (sane) said god I wish there were more vuvuzelas knocking about

I don't think its fair to compare a Vuvuzela to a clapper, when clapping is part of football and a vuvuzela isn't widely used outside of South Africa. 

Just now, Tommy G said:

I don't think its fair to compare a Vuvuzela to a clapper, when clapping is part of football and a vuvuzela isn't widely used outside of South Africa. 

Agreed, the main issue with clappers is why don't people just use their own two hands?!

Clapping very much a part of football and yet hardly any clubs use clappers so why do we?

Clappers great for the environment and really cheap as well...

Just now, Sir Steve Howard said:

Agreed, the main issue with clappers is why don't people just use their own two hands?!

Clapping very much a part of football and yet hardly any clubs use clappers so why do we?

Clappers great for the environment and really cheap as well...

Arthritis probably, and when its cold you need gloves on so clapping with hands isn't as effective. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

An opinion can't be right or wrong, it's an opinion. Albeit, sticking by something you know to be wrong out of stubbornness is a really poor look on anyone. 

What you said wasn't an opinion, you stated a fact. You said our build up has never been as slow and negative as it is currently. These are things we can measure and it's a ridiculous statement to make because it's obviously objectively wrong. For a start, we were literally worse just at the start of this very calendar year but anyone that thinks Rodgersball was turgid has forgotten the horrors of Puelball. 

Either way, you stated a fact not an opinion and it's wrong. 

An opinion can't be on an objective truth. I can't have an opinion that 4+2=17. I can state that it is but I'd just be objectively wrong and everyone would call me an idiot. Not because there's a mafia on here (there definitely isn't, although I guess that IS an opinion to an extent so I'll just disagree on that) but just because I would indeed be being an idiot. 

For the record, if you said "Enzoball is too slow for my liking" or "I wish we played more directly", these are opinions and nobody would be jumping down your throat. Hyperbole or not, you tried to claim this is the slowest we've ever played. That's obviously wrong, you got called out. Get over it and move on. 

This is all rather amusing.     You've explained the difference between "opinion" and "objective truth" ... but in my opinion you've gone on to quote a couple of opinions, as though they were facts!

You said "You said our build up has never been as slow and negative as it is currently. These are things we can measure and it's a ridiculous statement to make because it's obviously objectively wrong".
But, in my opinion, I don't think we can really objectively measure "slow and negative".

How would you measure "slow"?  The speed with which the defenders play the ball to each other?  How fast they make a decision when to pass?  How fast the players players move towards or away from each other?  How fast the ball is moving towards the opponents goal?   How many seconds does the ball stay still?     And even if you could objectively measure everything, what is the summary conclusion?

And as for "negative"?  Well that's just a matter of interpretation.  

(How can you objectively measure negativity? ... apart from obvious things like a larger negative number is less than a small negative number eg -2 < -1 )

And when you say "we were literally worse just at the start of this very calendar year but anyone that thinks Rodgersball was turgid has forgotten the horrors of Puelball."   Well that sounds like an opinion to me, but you've phrased it as though it's a fact.

(btw, I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with the above statement.   Although in my opinion, we were more turgid in the last 12 months under Rodgers than we ever were under Puel.)

Apart from a few real objective truths (facts), like how many games a team wins/draws/loses, points obtained, goals scored/conceded etc, 99% of what we rant on about is mostly opinions.

Hopefully everything I said above will be interpreted as an opinion.   I apologise in advance if I've said anything that looks like a fact, when it shouldn't be.   Other than -2 < -1     :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

This is all rather amusing.     You've explained the difference between "opinion" and "objective truth" ... but in my opinion you've gone on to quote a couple of opinions, as though they were facts!

You said "You said our build up has never been as slow and negative as it is currently. These are things we can measure and it's a ridiculous statement to make because it's obviously objectively wrong".
But, in my opinion, I don't think we can really objectively measure "slow and negative".

How would you measure "slow"?  The speed with which the defenders play the ball to each other?  How fast they make a decision when to pass?  How fast the players players move towards or away from each other?  How fast the ball is moving towards the opponents goal?   How many seconds does the ball stay still?     And even if you could objectively measure everything, what is the summary conclusion?

And as for "negative"?  Well that's just a matter of interpretation.  

(How can you objectively measure negativity? ... apart from obvious things like a larger negative number is less than a small negative number eg -2 < -1 )

And when you say "we were literally worse just at the start of this very calendar year but anyone that thinks Rodgersball was turgid has forgotten the horrors of Puelball."   Well that sounds like an opinion to me, but you've phrased it as though it's a fact.

(btw, I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with the above statement.   Although in my opinion, we were more turgid in the last 12 months under Rodgers than we ever were under Puel.)

Apart from a few real objective truths (facts), like how many games a team wins/draws/loses, points obtained, goals scored/conceded etc, 99% of what we rant on about is mostly opinions.

Hopefully everything I said above will be interpreted as an opinion.   I apologise in advance if I've said anything that looks like a fact, when it shouldn't be.   Other than -2 < -1     :)

There's a lot of ways we can judge the positivity or negativity of a team, consistent xG is a pretty fair baseline to be honest, people moan about xG because it's misused but looking at a teams expected output over longer periods (like a whole season) is exactly where it's value is. 

It's also fairly easy to judge how progressive a team is, there's statistics on progressive carries, progressive passes, along with the distances of those both in terms of average and sum (in metric or imperial!) 

There are statistics on the average length of a possession before a chance is created, the volume of passes forward vs lateral, you name it, we've got stats for it these days in modern football. I think there is quite alot of ways to quantify how a football team plays mathematically, to the extent that, yes, you can objectively debunk the suggestion that this is the slowest and most negative we've ever played. 

Now, you are correct about one thing, I haven't posted a rich and detailed analysis of the football we played under Puel, Rodgers and Maresca to evidence my previous post. But given that it's obvious to anyone that's watched us play in that time period and I'm 99.9% sure if I spend a couple of hours pouring through fbref's OPTA data it'll back up what I've just said and I really, really, really can't be bothered doing so then I guess we're just going to have to leave it at that. 

I appreciate the attempt at being glib though, it'd normally be right up my street.