Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

That bloke whose tweet was put on here about leaving every game early to spend time with people who aren't interested in football- wouldn't it be better to miss the first 10 minutes than the last 10? Walking away before Ulloa's goal v Norwich, Howard v Leeds, King v Plymouth, Hignett v Arsenal and many others and generally what should be the most exciting moments of the game. I doubt many have regretted getting it at 10 past 3 before.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

That bloke whose tweet was put on here about leaving every game early to spend time with people who aren't interested in football- wouldn't it be better to miss the first 10 minutes than the last 10? Walking away before Ulloa's goal v Norwich, Howard v Leeds, King v Plymouth, Hignett v Arsenal and many others and generally what should be the most exciting moments of the game. I doubt many have regretted getting it at 10 past 3 before.

I think people are aware of the "risks" of leaving before the full time whistle, I'm still confused though why people are bothered about other people potentially missing some action. 

and i'm not digging you out purposely or personally, it was just a post I felt could highlight my point. there's plenty of post about how the players must feel at the end (not you to my knowledge) when people have decided to go home. they. do. not.care. what game was it when Faes walked straight off without even acknowledging the fans? Rotherham or Huddersfield, can't remember, Hamza was also pulling some players back from the tunnel to go to the away fans one of those games and now Enzo makes a point of making the players thank the fans, but if it wasn't due to that they'd be more than happy being in the changing rooms as soon as the game was done

EDIT - Whichever melt has blocked me from posting on this thread now without having the minerals to even drop me a polite message, grow up you sad sack. If everyone agreed on everything it would make for a very boring forum.

Edited by guest123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

I think people are aware of the "risks" of leaving before the full time whistle, I'm still confused though why people are bothered about other people potentially missing some action. 

and i'm not digging you out purposely or personally, it was just a post I felt could highlight my point. there's plenty of post about how the players must feel at the end (not you to my knowledge) when people have decided to go home. they. do. not.care. what game was it when Faes walked straight off without even acknowledging the fans? Rotherham or Huddersfield, can't remember, Hamza was also pulling some players back from the tunnel to go to the away fans one of those games and now Enzo makes a point of making the players thank the fans, but if it wasn't due to that they'd be more than happy being in the changing rooms as soon as the gae was done

Hamza cared 

54 minutes ago, iancognito said:

This is part of the issue and has been mentioned elsewhere, people don't want to necessarily go to a lot of the Champ games but know if they give up their ST now it could be years before they get it back and could miss out on the glorious home games of United, City, Liverpool and the rest. Therefore they're literally just there making up the numbers.

But Ronnie Todger also had it right when he mentioned that our fans really aren't that up for it. For a lot of fanbases - Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, even Forest to an extent, they live for their football. Too many of our fans have City as a hobby, a nice day out, it's not their main passion in life. I see comments like "people leave because they want to get home for their dinner at a reasonable time" and just wonder why they don't say "I'm really not that arsed about the club"

By all means, support the club how you want to support them, don't let others lecture you how you support them but next time the players down tools and ship 4 goals in a relegation struggle just remember they're just showing the exact same commitment you did on Saturday.

Spot on 

5 minutes ago, guest123 said:

and i'm not digging you out purposely or personally, it was just a post I felt could highlight my point. there's plenty of post about how the players must feel at the end (not you to my knowledge) when people have decided to go home. they. do. not.care. what game was it when Faes walked straight off without even acknowledging the fans? Rotherham or Huddersfield, can't remember, Hamza was also pulling some players back from the tunnel to go to the away fans one of those games and now Enzo makes a point of making the players thank the fans, but if it wasn't due to that they'd be more than happy being in the changing rooms as soon as the game was done

I think you may have a misunderstanding of what being a football fan (fanatic) has always been. It's never been a mutually respectful relationship with players, it's always been about a one way blinkered encouragement, if it works then the supporters get the benefit until said player moves on. I don't expect them to give me anything back other than commitment, and certainly wouldn't withdraw my services if a player decided to walk straight down the tunnel after 90 minutes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, C-man said:

Just watched 2 minutes of the Portsmouth vs Bolton match and could not believe my eyes and ears. All four sides of the ground actively supporting the team, on a cold night as well! 

People watching football at league one level are there because they want to support their club and not just reserve their season ticket for big premiership games. 

• Like 2

There's too many casual fans at the club that don't really care; it's just an afternoon out.

The people in front of me in SK3 have season tickets but without fail at every game they turn up 5/10 after KO, go down 5/10 minutes before half time then come back up 5/10 minutes after half time, before leaving 5/10 minutes before the end of the game. The time they are at their seat they're just chatting and not really paying attention to the game. 

Of course people are entitled to whatever they want but it's the people like that who contribute to the poor atmosphere. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The club prevent any natural fan churn. STs capped at 23k, memberships almost mandatory and general sale minimised.

If you’re disenfranchised with LCFC, football generally, transport, the cost of matchday or whatever else STs are so scarce you just wouldn’t give it up. The club hugely frown upon ST sharing too so it’s almost binary; go and not enjoy it or give up your ticket.

I’d imagine a lot of fans would like to dip in and out season by season but it’s just not viable. All the while potential enthusiastic fans get to the odd game here or there.

Whilst we’re at this impasse the club have to carry the can.

Imagine if you were 18 now and didn’t have a season ticket , would you be into Leicester exactly the same way? A ST is a lottery so they probably don’t even bother with the ballot as it’s barely publicised. 

Were missing out on generations of fans.

Absolutely, what is annoying is it's so difficult to take someone with you to a game last minute.  Those tag alongs may become regulars

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

The club prevent any natural fan churn. STs capped at 23k, memberships almost mandatory and general sale minimised.

If you’re disenfranchised with LCFC, football generally, transport, the cost of matchday or whatever else STs are so scarce you just wouldn’t give it up. The club hugely frown upon ST sharing too so it’s almost binary; go and not enjoy it or give up your ticket.

I’d imagine a lot of fans would like to dip in and out season by season but it’s just not viable. All the while potential enthusiastic fans get to the odd game here or there.

Whilst we’re at this impasse the club have to carry the can.

Imagine if you were 18 now and didn’t have a season ticket , would you be into Leicester exactly the same way? A ST is a lottery so they probably don’t even bother with the ballot as it’s barely publicised. 

We’re missing out on generations of fans.

How far will the expansion (if/when that happens) go to overcome this issue?

Do we know what the ST allocation would be and are is there any data which indicates what the demand level for STs is for us generally in the PL?

Our home atmosphere has pretty much always been shit. The place was rocking in 15/16 for obvious reasons. It should be at least half way to that this season but I think arrogance has set in and we all think we’re too good to need the support. Clearly we are because it’s not really hurting the team. Although, I caveat that by saying we’ve lost more at home than away but that could just be a huge coincidence. 

I’m not a ST holder so I won’t comment on people leaving early. I personally don’t buy that’s mainly because when I go to the KP it’s a 6 hour round trip so I’m not about to shorten the 90 minutes that I’ve given my day up for. 

Each to your own on leaving early. But please try and support the team whilst you’re there.

The majority of our season ticket holding fan base is too old to make noise, simple as that.

I think people from Leicester also have a remarkable ability to moan, even if things are going well, we are quite a pessimistic bunch, just look at this forum after any draw or loss!

Another thing I've noticed is a change from when I was a kid to now, is the disconnect between those who want to make noise and those who are more relaxed. Preciously you'd always get the ground up for the simpler chants, and I wonder if there's now a culture in football of trying to create the most intelligent or funny chant rather than a simple one that the whole crowd can easily join in with. Feels like decades since we were doing "Stand up if you love Leicester" 5 times a match....whether that's good or bad I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

The majority of our season ticket holding fan base is too old to make noise, simple as that.

I think people from Leicester also have a remarkable ability to moan, even if things are going well, we are quite a pessimistic bunch, just look at this forum after any draw or loss!

Another thing I've noticed is a change from when I was a kid to now, is the disconnect between those who want to make noise and those who are more relaxed. Preciously you'd always get the ground up for the simpler chants, and I wonder if there's now a culture in football of trying to create the most intelligent or funny chant rather than a simple one that the whole crowd can easily join in with. Feels like decades since we were doing "Stand up if you love Leicester" 5 times a match....whether that's good or bad I have no idea.

Was done at the weekend in SK1, predictably low take up though of course.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder what foreign players/managers think when they come to England, must be a bit of a shock to play in front of much quieter crowds.

I did chuckle to myself when I saw footage of Mourinho telling the Roma fans to 'calm down' when he was in England he was regularly trying to gee the crowds up.

I can't imagine what goes through Yunus Akgun's head. I'd be almost embarrassed if Barco ended up here.

• Like 2

Think the fan base is still in a hangover from the Rodgers era last season was the absolute pits and combine that with how the board just let Rodgers take us down to the championship! Yes we have turned a corner under enzo I do think the club need to do abit more to get the crowd on a high a bit more before games! Trouble is the club seem far more interested on pushing the next agenda each month than actually concentrating on the football and atmosphere!

Comparing commitment of players downing tools to someone leaving early is ridiculous .Players are paid to play football,  that is their job. Supporters pay to go to games, therefore not the same at all. I don’t leave earlier and get annoyed with those who do, but then stop on the stairs to watch if there’s a corner or free kick, blocking other fans’ view. Also, citing other teams’ wonderful fans means you have probably forgotten that these teams also experience apathy. How many times in the last few years has Pep had a go at Man. City fans for their lack of noise. This season, Forest fans have been nowhere near as vociferous as last season and have booed the team off more than once. I’m really impressed that some of you on here have taken the time to assess the age groups of all other teams’ fans and decided we have the oldest. Does this mean that due to longevity, we are the most loyal? There are plenty of younger fans who don’t contribute noise wise. There are too many dictators on here who seem to think that having a ST for years because of support and love for the club, is somehow morally wrong! Perhaps those who suggest that the longtime fans only attend because of habit, have no money worries. Why would we  fork out upwards of £400.00 each year plus match day expenses just because we can’t be bothered not to renew?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, guest123 said:

EDIT - Whichever melt has blocked me from posting on this thread now without having the minerals to even drop me a polite message, grow up you sad sack. If everyone agreed on everything it would make for a very boring forum.

You have issues pal

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

To be fair, how many times have you heard the "please stay seated" announcement?

Granted ive not been in our ground for a little while but people just laughed at Paul Cook when he said it the two times that I can think of. Forest at home win and the Everton game when we were about to drop.