Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Plastic club yet we have about a million stewards lining the pitch ready to stop an invasion. 

Honestly think a change only comes with a change of ownership and mentality. This obsession with being a family club is ridiculous. Just glad I had some time before this club went totally sanitised. 

You've got fans saying lads arranging Foodbank collections are thugs. Pitiful.

We've had that obsession with every ownership since the move though. The stewarding was insufferable during the post-administration utterly broke era.

1 minute ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

We've had that obsession with every ownership since the move though. The stewarding was insufferable during the post-administration utterly broke era.

True but it has worsened in the last decade.

7 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Man United the most corporate of corporate clubs are removing executive seats to create a singing/ future standing area.

We are way behind the trend on this, not even at the races in all honesty 

A couple of seasons ago I highlighted this in its early stages to some at the club. Felt like they scoffed at it and almost totally disregarded it. 

33 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Man United the most corporate of corporate clubs are removing executive seats to create a singing/ future standing area.

We are way behind the trend on this, not even at the races in all honesty 

I'm not sure why they would bother when there is every chance they will be building a new ground when they get their new owners in, I can't see their fans even caring about that atm

Edited by MrSpaM

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

I'm not sure why they would bother when there is every chance they will be building a new ground when they get their new owners in, I can't see their fans even caring about that atm

They probably won’t be building a new ground. If anything, there’ll be a renovation and they’ll add rail seating 

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

They probably won’t be building a new ground. If anything, there’ll be a renovation and they’ll add rail seating 

I've heard it going around that it''ll cost them the same amount as Tottenhams new ground just to renovate the current Manchester united ground

They may as well just knock it down and build a new one

I've a friend who is close to the club. It seems the biggest stumbling block is finding a bit of land to do it up. Everywhere is getting developed around Trafford/ Salford and there's not a reasonable patch to do it.

It may be, as others suggest, they just do a Spurs but then they've got to find a ground to share. 

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

I've a friend who is close to the club. It seems the biggest stumbling block is finding a bit of land to do it up. Everywhere is getting developed around Trafford/ Salford and there's not a reasonable patch to do it.

It may be, as others suggest, they just do a Spurs but then they've got to find a ground to share. 

They've got a lot of space around Old Trafford in terms of the car park and ticket office buildings if I remember correctly, I reckon they could easily start building alongside the ground and then eventually use some of the space that the stadium takes up now, kind of like what Tottenham did with WHL. Depends on timing of when they did it but I'd imagine they wouldn't be out of the stadium for as long as Tottenham were as they were really limited on space.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

They've got a lot of space around Old Trafford in terms of the car park and ticket office buildings if I remember correctly, I reckon they could easily start building alongside the ground and then eventually use some of the space that the stadium takes up now, kind of like what Tottenham did with WHL. Depends on timing of when they did it but I'd imagine they wouldn't be out of the stadium for as long as Tottenham were as they were really limited on space.

Dunno about space, funny thing about Old Trafford is you can still see the old car park markings and road lane markings where the stadium is now developed outwards. It's the same at Molineux, you see old car park markings in the away concourse. This shows how much they've extended out. There is that massive car park outside the main stand (i think) but the surrounding of the rest of the ground appears quite tight from what i remember.

On 24/01/2023 at 08:11, Lcfc098 said:

For all the tourists they get in old Trafford, that Stratford end can make a real noise when they get going. If one of the biggest clubs in the world who get that many tourists can do it I really can’t see why we can’t 

Erm we are not one of the biggest clubs in the world ?

23 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Erm we are not one of the biggest clubs in the world ?

Yeah, point being a club that size and stadium that size have a lot more logistics to deal with than our 32k stadium. 

Edited by Lcfc098

We do miss the Birch before kick-off and at half time. Half time entertainment with the kids running around the pitch used to make us laugh and got the crowd cheering them on. It's things like that which will help boost the atmosphere.

The same dross music every week doesn't help and the fan cam should be scrapped.