Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

48 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

To be fair, how many times have you heard the "please stay seated" announcement?

Are you suggesting people don’t sing ‘stand up if you love Leicester’ because they’ve been told on a couple of occasions that it’s an all-seater stadium? 😂

I’m not having a go, by the way, I’ve just never thought of it that way and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right for a few of our fans. 

That said I think it’s far more likely people don’t sing it because either a) they can’t be arsed or b) because they feel like they will get grief from those behind for standing. 

6 hours ago, LVFox said:

The majority of our season ticket holding fan base is too old to make noise, simple as that.

I think people from Leicester also have a remarkable ability to moan, even if things are going well, we are quite a pessimistic bunch, just look at this forum after any draw or loss!

Another thing I've noticed is a change from when I was a kid to now, is the disconnect between those who want to make noise and those who are more relaxed. Preciously you'd always get the ground up for the simpler chants, and I wonder if there's now a culture in football of trying to create the most intelligent or funny chant rather than a simple one that the whole crowd can easily join in with. Feels like decades since we were doing "Stand up if you love Leicester" 5 times a match....whether that's good or bad I have no idea.

What a sensible, well thought out statement

What time is the next flight to Zurich?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LVFox said:

The majority of our season ticket holding fan base is too old to make noise, simple as that.

I think people from Leicester also have a remarkable ability to moan, even if things are going well, we are quite a pessimistic bunch, just look at this forum after any draw or loss!

Another thing I've noticed is a change from when I was a kid to now, is the disconnect between those who want to make noise and those who are more relaxed. Preciously you'd always get the ground up for the simpler chants, and I wonder if there's now a culture in football of trying to create the most intelligent or funny chant rather than a simple one that the whole crowd can easily join in with. Feels like decades since we were doing "Stand up if you love Leicester" 5 times a match....whether that's good or bad I have no idea.

Probs because it's one of the worse songs going.

Thought it was aired Saturday and has been many a time.

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I mean the posters around the stadium encouraging supporters to snitch on one another probably adds to the general feeling of sedation.

The club have created an atmosphere for fans whereby they feel part of an assembly line, cookie cutter product. It's pure Americanisation at work.

If the club thought that they could get away with that hockey style organ leading the chanting 1000% they would.

But there isn’t an organ like that going on during the game. The only thing remotely close during the game is the goal music, which we’ve still had during some of our best atmospheres. 

The excuses only hold so much weight. 

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

But there isn’t an organ like that going on during the game. The only thing remotely close during the game is the goal music, which we’ve still had during some of our best atmospheres. 

The excuses only hold so much weight. 

It's not an excuse though?! It's an explanation of what we're seeing. A sterile atmosphere that has been created. 

bringing a West Ham fan to the Millwall game. Hoping he doesn't laugh too much at the atmosphere as when I have been there, their atmosphere is not much better. Bet he will involve himself more than most of our own fans, although we are in the singing section...

58 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Probs because it's one of the worse songs going.

Thought it was aired Saturday and has been many a time.

Why is it one of the worst songs going? Anyone who remembers the rendition of it at the Man United relegation home game at Filbo will beg to differ I’m sure. 

Completely lost track of which songs are good and worthy of singing now. WYS and that’s it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-man said:

Why is it one of the worst songs going? Anyone who remembers the rendition of it at the Man United relegation home game at Filbo will beg to differ I’m sure. 

Completely lost track of which songs are good and worthy of singing now. WYS and that’s it?

Personally find it boring, most clubs in the Country sing it aside from the bigger fanbases it seems.

However, each to their own, no need to be sarcastic really when I was chipping in with an opinion just like everyone else does in this thread.

Maybe I'll just stick to saying everything is amazing.

10 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Our home atmosphere has pretty much always been shit. The place was rocking in 15/16 for obvious reasons. It should be at least half way to that this season but I think arrogance has set in and we all think we’re too good to need the support. Clearly we are because it’s not really hurting the team. Although, I caveat that by saying we’ve lost more at home than away but that could just be a huge coincidence. 

I’m not a ST holder so I won’t comment on people leaving early. I personally don’t buy that’s mainly because when I go to the KP it’s a 6 hour round trip so I’m not about to shorten the 90 minutes that I’ve given my day up for. 

Each to your own on leaving early. But please try and support the team whilst you’re there.

Would like to also say that don’t you think though that if against hull and Leeds we had a good atmosphere compared to 90 minutes of silence we would of beaten both of them every game we have dropped points in this year the atmosphere home or away has been shit 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boots60 said:

What a sensible, well thought out statement

What time is the next flight to Zurich?

Not saying we should ship them out, they have as much right to attend as anyone.

It's plain to see when seeing our crowds though and we should therefore expect a quieter atmosphere. 

It's why the stadium extension is needed, we need to encourage future generations into the club  

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Personally find it boring, most clubs in the Country sing it aside from the bigger fanbases it seems.

However, each to their own, no need to be sarcastic really when I was chipping in with an opinion just like everyone else does in this thread.

Maybe I'll just stick to saying everything is amazing.

Not being sarcastic, was a genuine question as I’ve never seen anyone take issue with it before, and my latter point wasn’t specifically directed at you - it’s just that literally every song we have gets criticised in this thread so what hope have we got of singing any? 

There seems to be more standers/singers in the family stand now, which makes 3 smallish singing sections. Time to swap the....

Not much the club can do about folks leaving early, everyone is entitled to support the team however they want - but it does seem a bit strange how many empty seats there are after 80 mins and I feel we could beat Real Madrid 5-0 and they'd still be a rush for the exits at full time rather than applauding the players off.

I know we all joke about the family stand and kop swap but I'd love to have been there when the morons who decided on having the layout we did. It's like everything was done to make everything as generic and soulless as possible. I felt like we clawed all that back with the Premier League and Champions League seasons but it's gone back to how it was.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bart said:

There seems to be more standers/singers in the family stand now, which makes 3 smallish singing sections. Time to swap the....

Not much the club can do about folks leaving early, everyone is entitled to support the team however they want - but it does seem a bit strange how many empty seats there are after 80 mins and I feel we could beat Real Madrid 5-0 and they'd still be a rush for the exits at full time rather than applauding the players off.

It's not all Family Stand behind that goal now, is it? Which blocks is it now, the two next to M? 

51 minutes ago, bart said:

Probably because the section next to the away end isn’t the family stand

39 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I know we all joke about the family stand and kop swap but I'd love to have been there when the morons who decided on having the layout we did. It's like everything was done to make everything as generic and soulless as possible. I felt like we clawed all that back with the Premier League and Champions League seasons but it's gone back to how it was.

Police wanted the Kop as far away from the away end as possible afaik 

Issue was also that all the Filbo Kop upper tier (flask brigade) lot bought ST’s in the KP Kop 

6 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Police wanted the Kop as far away from the away end as possible afaik 

Issue was also that all the Filbo Kop upper tier (flask brigade) lot bought ST’s in the KP Kop 

I think having no stand names after a year or so was really telling of how little they gave a shit about any identity. Marks Electrical Family Stand replacing the Lineker Stand and then just generic west and east stands. Really shit.

Was there any attempt to get everyone to sit in one particular stand when the stadium was first opening? Or was it just let's go L block? 

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

The club prevent any natural fan churn. STs capped at 23k, memberships almost mandatory and general sale minimised.

If you’re disenfranchised with LCFC, football generally, transport, the cost of matchday or whatever else STs are so scarce you just wouldn’t give it up. The club hugely frown upon ST sharing too so it’s almost binary; go and not enjoy it or give up your ticket.

I’d imagine a lot of fans would like to dip in and out season by season but it’s just not viable. All the while potential enthusiastic fans get to the odd game here or there.

Whilst we’re at this impasse the club have to carry the can.

Imagine if you were 18 now and didn’t have a season ticket , would you be into Leicester exactly the same way? A ST is a lottery so they probably don’t even bother with the ballot as it’s barely publicised. 

We’re missing out on generations of fans.

Initially I was going to totally agree with this. Through circs I can't go regular but would be up for the odd match (be quite vocal and stay until the end) but gave up trying to get a ticket years ago. However.... my nephew seems to be manage to get a ticket for most matches he wants to go. And, aren't a lot of other Prem and Championship clubs in a similar situation....?