Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

22 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

bringing a West Ham fan to the Millwall game. Hoping he doesn't laugh too much at the atmosphere as when I have been there, their atmosphere is not much better. Bet he will involve himself more than most of our own fans, although we are in the singing section...

If we hear a solo rendition of IIIIIRONS IIIIIRONS we know whats happened 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Sing the Mavididi chant early on. He had a belter in the last game, and its a brilliant chant. 

And lots of 'straight back up'. Even the old chaps near me sing that.

Do you think that’s more to do with the older generation are more familiar with the tune being sing hosanna? Just a thought? 

Our home fans are shi*e, end of story.

UFS are trying and the old school L1 vibe always try.

Look at other local(ish) clubs. Cov produce a solid atmosphere, Birmingham on Monday could be really hostile (due to them knocking tickets out at reduced cost), they always get behind their team.

Aston Villa are a different breed, i was hosting some northern clients at the game against Man City, we had a box and the atmosphere was 10/10. Absolutely electric. I wish our fans were just a shadow of what i witnessed that night.

10 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Do you think that’s more to do with the older generation are more familiar with the tune being sing hosanna? Just a thought? 

Ha ha! Maybe. Its just a really easy to song to sing. Some of the others aren't (i can never get the Ndidi one right in my head). I think some people don't even realise they are singing along.

12 minutes ago, LeamingtonFox93 said:

Our home fans are shi*e, end of story.

UFS are trying and the old school L1 vibe always try.

Look at other local(ish) clubs. Cov produce a solid atmosphere, Birmingham on Monday could be really hostile (due to them knocking tickets out at reduced cost), they always get behind their team.

Aston Villa are a different breed, i was hosting some northern clients at the game against Man City, we had a box and the atmosphere was 10/10. Absolutely electric. I wish our fans were just a shadow of what i witnessed that night.

Its because they put them all together in one corner. I have no idea why UFS positions themselves in the corner next to the Kop, miles away from the away fans.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ha ha! Maybe. Its just a really easy to song to sing. Some of the others aren't (i can never get the Ndidi one right in my head). I think some people don't even realise they are singing along.

Ndidi is the song from the programme heartbeat.. early 2000s

3 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Its because they put them all together in one corner. I have no idea why UFS positions themselves in the corner next to the Kop, miles away from the away fans.

If you can’t get the whole kop to sing now then being next to the away fans won’t make a difference.. you go from from supporting your club to flashing the vs.. look at any ground in the premiership, the away fans are always opposite to the main singing positions.. 

1 minute ago, MS0204 said:

Ndidi is the song from the programme heartbeat.. early 2000s

Yes, didn't make myself clear.  I know the tune, but often my tiny brain hasn't registered whats being sung until we are about half way through it, and then its over. Just a mental block i have with that tune.

6 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

If you can’t get the whole kop to sing now then being next to the away fans won’t make a difference.. you go from from supporting your club to flashing the vs.. look at any ground in the premiership, the away fans are always opposite to the main singing positions.. 

Hence why most UFS guys left L1/K1 years back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes, didn't make myself clear.  I know the tune, but often my tiny brain hasn't registered whats being sung until we are about half way through it, and then its over. Just a mental block i have with that tune.

Wilfred…….. Wilfred Ndidi will take the ball from you.. you might have known that, a couple of times and it changes to something else lol

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hence why most UFS guys left L1/K1 years back. 

Exactly, Look at Middlesbrough away, eggs were being thrown. When you looked at the divide between the fans, nobody was watching the game.. it was a constant battle between them.. that isn’t atmosphere!! 

How many videos do we see online of fans jumping up on the divide, gesturing.. I would rather sing about the team any day.. in my own opinion I do think that would be a worse off move. 

22 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Yeah i get what you're saying but all 4 corners of Villa Part were signing on a wednesday night. I know it's Man city v Millwall... Our fans are just tripe

It's important to note that the UFS founders wanted to be in the most affordable area of the ground, somewhere non-ST holders could go and to be able to stand together when they formed 10 years ago.

SK1 was the only part of the ground that met all of those criteria. L1 met none of them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Is there anywhere you can go for words to chants of some of the regular songs atm, I've had a few years bit parting and am missing the words on some I hear?

Just ask either in here or in the chants and songs sections.. I think the section would rather that than people sit in silence because they don’t want to ask 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Villa and Brum’s loudest parts of their grounds are the furthest point away from the away fans 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2