Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, Philkeavo said:

I think this is developing into a real problem. The amount of fans who got up and left on 85 minutes was ridiculous. It was like there was a fire alarm in a library. I am frankly embarrassed by some of our so called supporters.

I wonder if everyone stayed to the end, cheering on this team that is breaking records, generating energy from the stands would have helped the players stay sharp and not concede the late goal. 

I think it’s telling the players and manager make a point of going to the Union FS supporters at the end the game. The same supporters the club tried hard to restrict creating a singing area. What the heck is going on?

Great point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Philkeavo said:

The club have to take a massive share of the blame. Their fan pacification policies over the past few years have led us to this point. It’s at the point now where so called fans stare in bemusement at other real fans that show any emotion. Depressing.

Seriously, the atmosphere was much better today. Yes, we are near the singing section but everyone around us made an effort and there was a lot to enjoy.  People leaving early is annoying but i've said time and again this happens everywhere. I don't understand it, but people have their reasons.

There is a lot to improve, but maybe tonight we can give ourselves a break and say this was one of the better ones?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I do find it ironic how the club have made it difficult for UFS over the years but now we have a manager that makes a point of appreciating and acknowledging that section of the ground more than any of the other sections. 

It was good to see the manger and players going towards the singing section

well deserved 👏

34 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

I think this is developing into a real problem. The amount of fans who got up and left on 85 minutes was ridiculous. It was like there was a fire drill in a library. I am frankly embarrassed by some of our so called supporters.

I wonder if everyone stayed to the end, cheering on this team that is breaking records, generating energy from the stands would have helped the players stay sharp and not concede the late goal. 

I think it’s telling the players and manager make a point of going to the Union FS supporters at the end the game. The same supporters the club tried hard to restrict creating a singing area. What the heck is going on?

🎶 Straight back out, straight back out, Leicester City 🎶

1 hour ago, melrose said:

A genuine question

Does the family stand get going with the singing when things are going well on the pitch?

I ask because I've only ever been at the kop end

Sat in the Family Stand v Doncaster when we won the championship in 2013/14, also Southampton in the PL title run in and in M1 v Athletico Madrid, can't recall much singing. Can't imagine it's changed.

7 hours ago, melrose said:

A genuine question

Does the family stand get going with the singing when things are going well on the pitch?

Sat in the family stand for the last few years. Atmosphere is pretty good this season. It's never going to be properly raucous, but singing is decent - and distinctly better than the West stand IMHO.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I think theres momentum building. It was better last night and i think the singing section is really beginning to make a significant difference - it was very good last night.

Credit to union FS for sticking at it even when they've had stick.

Loved it that Enzo takes all the players over there. He knows.

At times in L1 you could defo hear the @Union FS boys so keep it up.

My 15 year old daughter wants to go  to a game in there but i told her there is no way a 52 year old could withstand that all game!!!

For 15 odd mins it was decent after we scored the quick goals then it was back to normal.

Im not saying anything about the early leavers- just hope one day they miss out on an epic Man.City v QPR title decider thing and the stewards don't let them back in

Thought it was decent last night. It's easy to to jump on when it's noticeably bad so it's only fair to comment when it's more positive!

Not as many early leavers as Plymouth despite it being a night game, but it's still a problem. 

Enjoyed the song at the end of the game not being so loud as well, but hopefully it's binned all together soon. 

East stand even got out their seats for 'stand up if you love Leicester' 

8 hours ago, melrose said:

A genuine question

I’ve sampled all the stands but tend to go in the family stand when I go with my son. It’s poor. Worse this season than ever. Any half hearted chant just fades out. Can’t hear L over the away and no chance of hearing SK1. Could do with relaying the section sound to all stands to get it coordinated.

• Like 1