Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

54 minutes ago, Raj said:

Im not saying anything about the early leavers- just hope one day they miss out on an epic Man.City v QPR title decider thing and the stewards don't let them back in

There were people yesterday who left their seat, waited at the concourse and then when Millwall got their second - went back to find an empty seat lol

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

There were people yesterday who left their seat, waited at the concourse and then when Millwall got their second - went back to find an empty seat lol

If i was a steward i would baton them back down t the concourses!!

• Haha 1

I thought yesterday was very good in the section, even further back there was decent involvement (which hasn't always been the case). By the end of the game I was out on my feet but it was worth it knowing we ground out a win and Enzo and the players seemed to appreciate where the noise was coming from. A thorough success.

2 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Sat in the family stand for the last few years. Atmosphere is pretty good this season. It's never going to be properly raucous, but singing is decent - and distinctly better than the West stand IMHO.

Which are the family stand blocks now? Just P2 and P3? So, you don't need an u16 to go in P1? 

10 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

Had the game in the corporate bit tonight as a work Xmas jolly instead of my usual in sk1. What really stood out to me apart from the killer eyes and the disgusting looks when I started to sing and bang on the barrier , ( letters of complaint probably already being written by the regulars). .

Times during the game ,sk1,l1and the family stand singing different songs while the usual happy clappers where just smashing cardboard. If only that was a whole end in unison it would have been quite loud.

At the end of the game that awful music that's belted out at full tilt was very quiet in the west stand., so I wonder if its done on purpose  by the club in certain areas? 

Anyway back to my zone for the rest  of the season  .

This is interesting, was turned up to 11 in SK1.

Horrendous stuff, goal celebrations so much better with no goal music so why blare that crap out at full time when we've won?

• Like 3

As mentioned maybe on this thread or might have been pre match, I bought a West Ham fan with me and he was surprised at how loud it was. He said from what I told him he was expecting nothing but it was very good, sitting in SK1 though so much louder there then much of the ground. Amazing last night

• Like 2

Fairly good atmosphere, considering mid December school night against lowly opposition.

And at various times from the East Stand, you could clearly hear singing from 4 different places: SK1 (obvs), SK2/3/4, L block and P block.   And at odd times even bits from the East Stand and Family club.

The effort made was good up front, eg kept the noise going after they scored their first.  

But the thing is, and I really don't understand how anyone can deny it (but someone obviously will, as this is FT) ... is the atmosphere got so much better in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half when we were really going for it, rather than just rolling the ball across our defence.   I've said it before, it's not about "long balls", it's about tempo, speed and going towards the oppo's goal.  And showing some urgency.   The players and fans then sort of feed-off each other, one helping the other and vice versa.

(I know some people say the fans should always be the first to lift the players.   Some will say the opposite.   But to me, there's a sort of invisible symbiotic relationship, where we both feed off each other)

Edited to say:   And before anyone says, yes I realise we scored 2 goals, so it was always going to be better.   But it was more than that.   It was the urgency and uptempo directness)

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Is it actually possible to move STs mid season?

Just need to contact the club and they can let you know what seats/areas are available. Then there is a £5 charge.

However, the club also mentioned in a pre-season meeting we had with them, that people can ask to relocate for a single game (almost like a try before you buy). Obviously the later this is done the less seats available. As far as I know, this is not charged.

If anyone is thinking about relocating, then best bet is to get in touch with the club and either ask for a trial at a game, or take the dive and relocate permanently.

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Fairly good atmosphere, considering mid December school night against lowly opposition.

And at various times from the East Stand, you could clearly hear singing from 4 different places: SK1 (obvs), SK2/3/4, L block and P block.   And at odd times even bits from the East Stand and Family club.

The effort made was good up front, eg kept the noise going after they scored their first.  

But the thing is, and I really don't understand how anyone can deny it (but someone obviously will, as this is FT) ... is the atmosphere got so much better in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half when we were really going for it, rather than just rolling the ball across our defence.   I've said it before, it's not about "long balls", it's about tempo, speed and going towards the oppo's goal.  And showing some urgency.   The players and fans then sort of feed-off each other, one helping the other and vice versa.

(I know some people say the fans should always be the first to lift the players.   Some will say the opposite.   But to me, there's a sort of invisible symbiotic relationship, where we both feed off each other)

Edited to say:   And before anyone says, yes I realise we scored 2 goals, so it was always going to be better.   But it was more than that.   It was the urgency and uptempo directness)

There is absolutely no denying that what happens on the pitch will influence the crowd in general (obvious examples are goals, or attacking/quick play etc.). And it is natural that when the opposition get into good positions, people get edgy or hold their breath.

However, in order to avoid "awkward silences" (or just quiet periods), there must be organised support to get things going and push the team on. Yesterday was a good example after Millwall scored in stoppage time and we were trying to see the game out. Naturally, fans would be edgy and probably stay quiet. In the section we were pushing just a simple chant that is easy to follow along with and even though not everyone joined in for the whole 4 minutes or whatever, it kept going and got loud at various points (e.g. we clear it or win a freekick).

So in summary, both are accurate. The spontaneous atmosphere but also some sort of organised/fabricated atmosphere where the fans take the first step and try to motivate the players. The manager has asked for this in many of his press conferences/interviews and he has spoken about closing out games and needing the fans to help with that.

Long story short, I am agreeing with your post! lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I thought yesterday was very good in the section, even further back there was decent involvement (which hasn't always been the case). By the end of the game I was out on my feet but it was worth it knowing we ground out a win and Enzo and the players seemed to appreciate where the noise was coming from. A thorough success.

I stand further back in the section and there was definitely more people joining in. A lot of new faces as well around me who were really going for it. Was great to see👍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Fresh out of HMP foxes Talk.

There was a noticeable difference in the atmosphere last night, much better.

Quite suprised at the lack of noise from 28 Milwall fans that travelled.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but is there a reason they decided to stick the Millwall fans right next to L1 when they could've moved them more centrally for a bigger gap, due to how few they bought? The inevitable small flare up when Millwall scored was so predictable when they had one line of hi-vis between them!?

Edited by Footballwipe

17 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but is there a reason they decided to stick the Millwall fans right next to L1 when they could've moved them more centrally for a bigger gap, due to how few they bought? The inevitable small flare up when Millwall scored was so predictable when they had one line of hi-vis between them!?

Wonder if that's just the block that gets released first, and they anticipated a bigger turnout? I thought they'd be more up for it, even midweek. 

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just need to contact the club and they can let you know what seats/areas are available. Then there is a £5 charge.

However, the club also mentioned in a pre-season meeting we had with them, that people can ask to relocate for a single game (almost like a try before you buy). Obviously the later this is done the less seats available. As far as I know, this is not charged.

If anyone is thinking about relocating, then best bet is to get in touch with the club and either ask for a trial at a game, or take the dive and relocate permanently.

Availability is a problem though. I tried to relocate lower in C Block as the climb up the steps wasnt doing me much good. Only seats available as a pair were on Row B. No way am I sitting down there.