Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

It's a fair comment, but then clubs make it so difficult to ticket swap so in theory, his request is close to impossible.

There is zero alignment between boards, coaching/playing staff and fans on this issue.

Not the case with Liverpool. His point was there is a 'distribute' option at Liverpool whereby you can pass your ticket on to anyone should you not be able, or arsed to make it. Or have some lame excuse to leave on the 82nd minute. They have nfc ticketing, it's a tap of a button to pass your ticket on to somebody who actually wants to be at the game. The press person also said they give all the high points members a point for the low allocation away games, whether they attend or not. So people that actually want to be at games go to games, and not the situation at LCFC where people buy tickets to maintain their priority points and sell them to 22 year old drips with an iPhone. E.g v Luton away apparently they had a ballot for a ticket. But everyone on the highest bracket got an away point, whether you put in for the ballot or not. Closed shop it is not it seems.

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I think people the nation over are actually bored of football full stop and it's part of the reason. 

A massive proportion of fans go out of habit / fomo. 

It used to be that footy was one of only a few accessible things open to people but it's not the case now. 

Modern society has so many more things for people to do and instantly at that. 

The game has made it worse by alienating it's core customer base. 

Attendances are rising quite significantly across the board so I'm not sure that is the case, The PL will probably have larger average attendances than the Bundesliga next season 

On 14/12/2023 at 11:00, SemperEadem said:

On this. I know it might come across cringy but if you enjoy it there letting the club know this by way of an email will be a huge help.

They still have it down as being a trial etc.

Done :thumbup: complemented the section massively in one sentence and suggested they tone down on the full time music in another lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Lots of people said as soon as safe standing areas were introduced then there would be a clampdown elsewhere, looks like that's right on the money.

Slightly off topic perhaps, but at Birmingham on Monday night they gave out orange wristbands for those in the safe standing section, which is absolutely hilarious when you try to consider the addled logic employed.

The safe standing section may become overcrowded due to excess demand for the safety bar… do you a) accept that the majority of away fans stand and as such extend the section to meet such demand or b) hand out wristbands to keep the majority standing in a less-safe environment.

Wristbands’ll do the trick, I reckon.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Not really sure how to take this.

Great he wants to make an atmosphere, but highlights to every fan they're easily replaced 

It links to the other hot thread about tickets - clubs have completely lost traditional vocal support due to the commodify of the game. 

Eventually, people are going to start switching off tv services too because of the anodyne atmosphere being screened. 

They think the American model will continue to work, it won’t. The entire point to the sport is passion, without that - without the fans - the game is nothing. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It links to the other hot thread about tickets - clubs have completely lost traditional vocal support due to the commodify of the game. 

Eventually, people are going to start switching off tv services too because of the anodyne atmosphere being screened. 

They think the American model will continue to work, it won’t. The entire point to the sport is passion, without that - without the fans - the game is nothing. 

Yet the fans are listened to so much more in the MLS, allowed pyro, large terraces, cheap tickets, ultra groups allowed to sell tickets etc etc...I'd take the way fans are treated in the US over the UK anyway.

• Like 1

Noticed today that you don’t have to move far in our stadium for there to be such a big difference in how much you can hear the singing section and L1

First half I was sat in my usual seat in J1 and as usual the singing section were much easier to hear and seemed much louder than L1

Second half I moved to sit with my sister which was only around 30 seats to the right of mine and you could barely hear the singing section at all and L1 seemed much louder

I know people have mentioned it in this thread recently but our stadium really is dreadful for allowing sound to travel around the stands

• Like 3

Just got back and honestly I just don't get it why people leave early (except for the very few reasons on an occasional basis) all I could hear around me was 'let's go and beat the traffic, let's go so we can get down quicker' etc etc. A bit pathetic to be fair.

However, ironically, I stay till the end and it's not taking me much less time to get out! :scarf:

• Like 2

Plenty of the usual nonsense on here from a mix of young guys who weren’t around back in the day and older guys who romanticise the past because they were younger back then.

I watched matches through most of the 70s onwards and I can tell you there wasn’t much atmosphere at games with 10-15k attendance and the menace of violence before and after the game. The authorities who waged war on terrace culture did so not only because of the high profile disasters but also because hooliganism was killing the game and attendances were falling year on year.

Nostalgia for a time when football was in almost terminal decline is based on false memories and perceptions. I remember attending a home game against West Brom when 7,000 turned up and it was dire. I stood by the way.

For the record I know what people mean when they criticise modern atmospheres but they are talking out of their hat.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Plenty of the usual nonsense on here from a mix of young guys who weren’t there back in the day and older guys who romanticise the past because they were younger then.

I watched matches through most of the 70s onwards and I can tell you there wasn’t much atmosphere at games with 10-15k attendance and the menace of violence before and after the game. The authorities who waged war on terrace culture did so because of the high profile disasters but also because hooliganism was killing the game and attendances were falling year on year.

Nostalgia for a time when football was in almost terminal decline is based on false memories and perceptions. I remember attending a home game against West Brom when 7,000 turned up and it was dire. I stood by the way.

For the record I know what people mean when they criticise modern atmospheres but they are talking out of their hat.

But nothing is as dire as it is/was today/these days!

With 30,000+ of us it should be hugely more vocal, audible and atmospheric than it is.

Every game the opposing fans taunt our atmosphere, or lack of,  and I stand there thinking " Well, I can't argue with them"

Even today "3-0 up and you still don't sing" rang out loudly from a few hundred of them and none of our 30,000 fans, or whatever was left by then, could be arsed to respond. 

What's it gonna take?

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 3