Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

We were in Block H8 near the corner left as you look at the goal.

Not being ageist as I'm 51 myself but feck me it was like an OAPs day out...I felt young in there!!!

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Thought it was half decent today to be fair. Plenty giving it a good go felt like a propa old school Leicester away end at times. 

It probably helped yesterday with how low the roof was in the away end it gave better accoustics 

7 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

This picture from yesterday will haunt me.

Have we really become the Leicester Tigers of the Premier league?

Half time it became a full on picnic and you can see to the right what else we had to endure throughout which I'd prayed we'd seen the last of. 

Thank God for the fans behind who were full of banter and very vocal. 

IMG_5966.jpeg

Has someone brought their own clapper in the top right?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They aint the big problem.

Far more there who can stand and sing but choose not too.

Folk that are in the prime age to belt it out but just won’t. Slightly older lot who endless selfies on a Coalville bus or a younger demographic that snapchats in a concourse but can’t show the same energy in a stand. Its a mess really.

Yeah 100% see it at every away game just feel the whole system needs a complete shakeup 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Club seriously need to reconsider the priority system. Coach one turning up to every game in droves ruining our away ends all sitting down on the front two rows.

For one, I want a better atmosphere, but you can’t just create a system which is based on who creates the most atmosphere.

Aside from the obvious point in that it’s impossible to measure, you have to respect that these people have continued to follow us every single week (in many cases). 

It’s not particularly how I want to watch a game, but you have to accept the fact that some supporters are older, and perhaps they don’t want to be jumping up and down all game. 

It’s a broader point in that how you behave at 25 vs 75 is completely different. Besides, I am sure that every single club have elderly supporters who want to sit down, we are no different in that regard. 

You can’t just hound people out on the basis that they don’t sing. People have paid, so they’re free to enjoy it however they want. It’s not what I like, but it’s important to not develop a superiority complex and think that you’re a better fan because you ‘get behind the ladzzzz.’

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

For one, I want a better atmosphere, but you can’t just create a system which is based on who creates the most atmosphere.

Aside from the obvious point in that it’s impossible to measure, you have to respect that these people have continued to follow us every single week (in many cases). 

It’s not particularly how I want to watch a game, but you have to accept the fact that some supporters are older, and perhaps they don’t want to be jumping up and down all game. 

It’s a broader point in that how you behave at 25 vs 75 is completely different. Besides, I am sure that every single club have elderly supporters who want to sit down, we are no different in that regard. 

You can’t just hound people out on the basis that they don’t sing. People have paid so they’re free to enjoy it however they want. It’s not what I like, but it’s important to not develop a superiority complex and think that you’re a better fan because you ‘get behind the ladzzzz.’

Agreed with all the above. Plus other than the singing section who actually creates a mega atmos at Leicester? I remember Burnley away midweek last season, thought it'd be a retirement party, get there and it's all 20-somethings. Problem was they looked like they all came from Coalville and had a driptray and instructions to send them home if they got lost. So packing out the fanbase with kids is not the answer, what is?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

This picture from yesterday will haunt me.

Have we really become the Leicester Tigers of the Premier league?

Half time it became a full on picnic and you can see to the right what else we had to endure throughout which I'd prayed we'd seen the last of. 

Thank God for the fans behind who were full of banter and very vocal. 

IMG_5966.jpeg

They can't be real fans they haven't got a proper Leicester City mug purchased from the club shop.

22 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

You can’t just hound people out on the basis that they don’t sing. People have paid so they’re free to enjoy it however they want. It’s not what I like, but it’s important to not develop a superiority complex and think that you’re a better fan because you ‘get behind the ladzzzz.’

I’m not bothered about the age of the fans. All I want is the fans who are there to create a good atmosphere and get behind the team but it feels like the people who do come don’t want to be there.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed with all the above. Plus other than the singing section who actually creates a mega atmos at Leicester? I remember Burnley away midweek last season, thought it'd be a retirement party, get there and it's all 20-somethings. Problem was they looked like they all came from Coalville and had a driptray and instructions to send them home if they got lost. So packing out the fanbase with kids is not the answer, what is?

What does a man from coalville look like?

38 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I want to see all the Brazilian flags printed with someone’s work printer at the next game. 

023E2CAC-61B9-4FB2-9ADC-8B69BB058292.jpeg

The way its being held towards Nacho is like a protestor who disagrees with the current Brazil-Nigeria war.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

The same woman with the flask kept smacking her clapper on the rail in front of her whilst shouting to get the attention of fans 8 seats to her right to tell them to sit down or go and stand in the seats behind because she/they, in what was like Dignitas’s waiting room, couldn’t see down the touch line to the corner from her seat.

The only time anything that could be regarded as vocal support that came from her was shouting “Luke Luke” at Thomas when he was close by. He got distracted, looked up only to hear, “We met your dad this morning, I told him how wonderful you were, we met your uncle Wes as well” I bet that energised him. 

I apologise if I upset any fans in their older years, I’m closer to it than I’d wish, but when I see and hear what visiting fans bring to the KP and see/hear on other TV games with their intensity, vocal support, excitement and passion, then I look around at what our fan base is becoming and sounding like, I just can’t help wondering how we got here. 

I looked around the bar (kids playroom in real life) yesterday and it’s like many of our fans have just given up on life in general. 
 Gone are the the days where we produced a large fan base that sounded loud, proud and intense throughout a game and I just can’t see how we’d get it back.

Flasks, picnics, spoons and clappers ain’t gonna do it is it? 

Thats genuinely one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while, having a full blown conversation with a player during a match ffs lol

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Thats genuinely one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while, havent a full blown conversation with a player during a match ffs lol

She shouted to Harvey Barnes, "Tell the other players to pass the ball to you" (Literally how I've written it)

I'm surprised she didn't tell him to write a nice letter to them.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It’s no different at any other club really. What posters on here fail to recognise is that practically every ground is similar to ours. 

You have to think out of all the grounds that you have visited: how many have you been impressed by? I have been to the majority in the league, and I’ve only really walked away from Elland Road and *occasionally* at Villa Park and thought that it was a good atmosphere.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lcfc098 said:

I’m not bothered about the age of the fans. All I want is the fans who are there to create a good atmosphere and get behind the team but it feels like the people who do come don’t want to be there.  

Not bothered about the age of the fans but you essentially attributed our poor atmosphere to one demographic. 

You can’t just change the priority system which excludes elderly people because they don’t ‘get behind the team’ lol

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

It’s no different at any other club really. What posters on here fail to recognise is that practically every ground is similar to ours. 

You have to think out of all the grounds that you have visited: how many have you been impressed by? I have been to the majority in the league, and I’ve only really walked away from Elland Road and *occasionally* at Villa Park and thought, yeah that was a good atmosphere.

To answer your question, probably none in England imo. Tbf yes Leeds last season was impressive for a Sunday match, remember looking at their fans when they scored, loads going bat sh1t mad. Stayed in the city to watch the 4.30 match and have dinner afterwards and it was really lively.